Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @kelley--good luck at your weigh-in this weekend! :flowerforyou:

@bella--it's nice to hear from you--hope your mother's health continues to improve.

@helena--Wlecome back--I absolutely remember you and am sorry to hear about all that has pulled you away from MFP. Glad your grandmother is doing better.

@kris--yoga sounds like a good idea.

@holly--happy to hear you a re putting your foot down with the bf--I hope he makes the choice you want him to, but either way, you are making the right choice for you.

@desdemina--I have those too--I just wear a baggy shirt and drink lots of water (often it's due to bloating). :wink:

@mara--sorry you have to worry about loose dogs. I used to live in an apt building and the guy on the first floor had 2 really mean dogs and he always left his apt door ajar. I remember peeking out my door to make sure the coast was clear before stepping out of my apt. I got chased by those dogs more than once--people really should be more responsible.

@tom--yes, my DH made the cheese dip for Superbowl Sunday as well. I had managed to avoid it until Wed. :ohwell:

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--gym DONE (weights + elliptical + treadmill)
    Tues--rest day (have to teach an evening ACT class
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + core
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym NOT DONE but I shoveled very heavy snow for about an hour
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (long run)
    Sun--walk gunner + core

Grading Goals:
    1. 16/16 verb worksheets DONE
    2. x/16 ACT practice essays

February Challenge: 7/28 days of minimum 80 grams of protein
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness, well, I'm snowed in with over a foot of snow outside...I will try to challenge myself (technologically and physically), by downloading Jillian Michaels Shred program for beginners on my TV downstairs. There's room to workout down there. I'm not that great with technology, but I'll give it a try. I like Jillian Michaels.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    ps. watching another car stuck in the snow outside...maybe my Friday Fitness should be to go outside and PUSH!!?
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone :flowerforyou:

I had a few minutes so I thought I would drop in. I miss you guys and keep hoping everything that has consumed my life will some how calm down so I can get back to attacking my weight loss . For those of you that know me I'll give you a quick update. My mother is back home and is recovering from all of her health issues quite nicely. She is walking again but sill can not drive her car or do much work around her house. She will start a round of chemo coming up to hopefully attack her bone cancer. My sister is still living with me and is a 24/7 job to take care of. I still spend all of my time taking care of my mother and sister which leaves very little time for me. Hopefully spring will get here soon so I can try to get a trail walk in now and again.

@skinnyjeanz & @GrammyWhammy - Thank you for posting such kind words on my profile. It's nice to know I am missed. :love:

Well, I'm off to my mother's house to shovel snow. Is it Spring yet . . . :sad:

Hello B! Glad to hear from you!
    Best wishes for your Mom, Sister and for you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Okay so we are suppose to get more snow this weekend. I guess I will be shoveling (downside to owning a home) but I will definately break a sweat with 6 inches coming.

@bella- welcome back ....missed you glad to hear things are going good

@Helena - welcome back .....best wishes that your grandma continues to get better
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    aawh - Tina - HUGS! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    So I was thinking of hitting the gym after work, but when I got home it was clear I would need to have another go with the shovel. I walked gunner then shoveled for about an hour. Burned 528 calories according to my HRM. :happy:

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--gym DONE (weights + elliptical + treadmill)
    Tues--rest day (have to teach an evening ACT class
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + core
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym NOT DONE but I shoveled very heavy snow for about an hour
    Fri--rest day ENDED up walking gunner + shoveling
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (long run)
    Sun--walk gunner + core

Grading Goals:
    1. 16/16 verb worksheets DONE
    2. x/16 ACT practice essays

February Challenge: 7/28 days of minimum 80 grams of protein
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi all I am just popping in real quick. I hope everyone is doing well. I am 6/8 on my february challenge. Today isnt over yet so I might do something but options are limited at the moment. I somehow tweaked my right hip and thigh so I cant sit or walk or lay or anything without changing position for very long. If I stay in one position it starts to tingle and then burn and is really uncomfortable. I am hoping it will work its way out soon. Anyway have a great weekend eeryone adn I will try to figure out somekind of workout for tonight. I refuse to let my darn leg win:grumble:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,205 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Bella, Helena, Tina..........:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

No new snow here. Sorry for those of you who will be doing a lot of shoveling. My back is really glad I won't be doing that. :noway:

Meanwhile, GHD challenge stands at 8/8.:bigsmile:

Take care.

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    man, sorry i'm falling behind with people's stories and triumphs. in the continuing saga of my husband's health he's not doing better, the antibiotics are making no difference in terms of his oxygen saturation so they know it isn't a bacteria. but he's not doing well. there's some talk that he's possibly thrown a blood clot that is now in his lungs. other possibilities are mini heart attack and mini stroke. and as we were leaving the hospital we were rear ended. by a nurse. from the same hospital. sigh. not the best day ever.
  • jumpy983
    Options
    Toots, tell me about it! This thread is moving so quickly, I can't keep up! I cannot believe the luck with your husband- I almost wrote this in the last post to you but I edited it out- my friend that had similar symptoms as your hubby actually had 3 blood clots in his right leg. PLEASE be persistent with this. My friend didn't make it because they kept sending him home and brushing off his symptoms and he never went to the dr either unless he just couldn't stand it. He actually went to a dr a few days before he passed and they diagnosed his stuffy chest and shortness of breath as a COLD--even though he was on blood thinners etc!! and he didn't make it. Same thing with my friend's father...please be an annoying pain in the *kitten* to the drs until they figure out what is wrong. I am wishing you all the best.
    To all the newbies, and returners, WELCOME!
    To everyone with injuries and relatives with injuries, I wish you all a safe and speedy recovery.
    To the one with the back injury and the neighbors that think she has tourettes every time she sneezes- I wish you an especially speedy recovery although I must admit that your description caught me quite off guard and I did chuckle at the thought of your neighbors wondering why you were uttering such foul language after a sneeze.

To everyone else, I wish you a pound or more of weightloss on your next weigh in and an awesome weekend.
    Oh- and congrats Susan on the new job!! (the only name I really remembered!)

(I know, it's not Wednesday wish, but I'm behind again lol)
  • Indiglowsky
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    i am new to this group and not sure what I should do or how to introduce myself but would love some more friends in this journey we are all in. I joined MFP on Jan 1st and have lost 13 pounds and have ab out 85 to go. I am 43, a new grandmother, and dealing with a lot of fatigue that hinders my exercising. However, I have found adding a light breakfast of protein has helped me through a plateau I had. Over the past 3 years I have gone from 275 to my current 217. However, given that I am 5ft 3inches...welll....gotten a lot of distance left. My goal is to reach a healthy weight by Sept/October or about 10 pounds a month. Would love to share the journey with you all and learn from you all. Feel free to add me as well. Support has been key to my recent 13 lb loss...plus religiously logging here. Greatful for this place :smile: :heart:

Best to you all,
    Jen
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Toots, tell me about it! This thread is moving so quickly, I can't keep up! I cannot believe the luck with your husband- I almost wrote this in the last post to you but I edited it out- my friend that had similar symptoms as your hubby actually had 3 blood clots in his right leg. PLEASE be persistent with this. My friend didn't make it because they kept sending him home and brushing off his symptoms and he never went to the dr either unless he just couldn't stand it. He actually went to a dr a few days before he passed and they diagnosed his stuffy chest and shortness of breath as a COLD--even though he was on blood thinners etc!! and he didn't make it. Same thing with my friend's father...please be an annoying pain in the *kitten* to the drs until they figure out what is wrong. I am wishing you all the best.

yeah, i could see why you edited that out. good to know though. my bff's mother died from a blod clot in her lungs in september. so we're definitely watching. he did have a xray and they couldn't see anything which is why they are doing the CT scan but i'm really confused as to why they are waiting until wednesday. even though they are the ones who brought it up as a probability. i don't know what they're doing. they told him that if anything changes he's to go back to the emergency room. which i will MAKE him do. but otherwise he goes back on monday to get the results to the 5 vials of blood they took today. thanks for your thoughts.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    man, sorry i'm falling behind with people's stories and triumphs. in the continuing saga of my husband's health he's not doing better, the antibiotics are making no difference in terms of his oxygen saturation so they know it isn't a bacteria. but he's not doing well. there's some talk that he's possibly thrown a blood clot that is now in his lungs. other possibilities are mini heart attack and mini stroke. and as we were leaving the hospital we were rear ended. by a nurse. from the same hospital. sigh. not the best day ever.

Gosh Toots - I'm praying for your husband that the best outcome occurs, sorry you have to wait til Weds for the CAT scan. I wish I was more of an expert in this field but my knowledge is lacking here. I'd be cozying up to that nurse who rear-ended you and getting some favors from her, maybe she can be your "in" to moving up the CAT scan. Can't believe she hit you. Doh.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    You people seem nice. I don't need to lose 100 lbs (about 30ish will suffice) but can I come play anyway?
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    All cheery here ready to report my mileage on the road to Hobbiton to Rivendale and pulled out my pedometer and - ACK! :angry: the little blighter is dead as a doorknob! I haven't recorded mileage since last FRIDAY, and I usually add more than my 1 mile of LS because of my errands and running around. Tonight I am skipping LS due to lots of errands and I hit 3 superstores and lapped them all and was out for over 1 - 1/2 hours of non-stop walking, so I am counting that as a success on my GHC. My legs were well tired but not as much as I would have expected. Leslie is paying off I think. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: TAG your it!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    i am new to this group and not sure what I should do or how to introduce myself but would love some more friends in this journey we are all in. I joined MFP on Jan 1st and have lost 13 pounds and have ab out 85 to go. I am 43, a new grandmother, and dealing with a lot of fatigue that hinders my exercising. However, I have found adding a light breakfast of protein has helped me through a plateau I had. Over the past 3 years I have gone from 275 to my current 217. However, given that I am 5ft 3inches...welll....gotten a lot of distance left. My goal is to reach a healthy weight by Sept/October or about 10 pounds a month. Would love to share the journey with you all and learn from you all. Feel free to add me as well. Support has been key to my recent 13 lb loss...plus religiously logging here. Greatful for this place :smile: :heart:

Best to you all,
    Jen

Welcome - it sounds like you've really adapted well to using MFP - hope you like using this thread as well. THe friendship and camraderie is wonderful and the support is much needed when you hit the inevitable pitfalls. Please keep coming back.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @toots--gosh, I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through with your husband. I'm sending good thoughts your way and hope you get some answers soon. :flowerforyou:

@tammy--sounds like maybe your hip flexor? Try some light stretches--you can google "hip flexor stretches" to see a demo.

@lin--great job with GHD challenge!

@tina--hey there! hope you are doing okay with your busy, busy life.

@holly--I actually enjoy shoveling if it's not too cold. Our temps have been in the low 30's so not bad at all. We are supposed to get more snow tomorrow night then it will turn to rain on Sunday with temps in the 40's--downright balmy for Feb. in Chicago!

@melancholy--stay safe and warm! I also like Jillian though I've never tried any of her workouts--perhaps if I did, I wouldn't be so fond of her. :laugh:

Welcome to the newlings! :flowerforyou:

I am also 8/8 on the GHD challenge!
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    yeah, i could see why you edited that out. good to know though. my bff's mother died from a blod clot in her lungs in september. so we're definitely watching. he did have a xray and they couldn't see anything which is why they are doing the CT scan but i'm really confused as to why they are waiting until wednesday. even though they are the ones who brought it up as a probability. i don't know what they're doing. they told him that if anything changes he's to go back to the emergency room. which i will MAKE him do. but otherwise he goes back on monday to get the results to the 5 vials of blood they took today. thanks for your thoughts.

*hugs* toots...
    Ok, gonna put on my clinical hat... sounds like the blood clot (aka Pulmonary Embolism) is one reasonable possibility with his symptoms.... BUT... that isn't necessarily as bad as it sounds. There are also infections that could show up the same -- and not all antibiotics work on everything (plus, if it's viral antibiotics won't do squat). If they didn't keep him in the hospital that is a HUGE POSITIVE THING. Just keep him resting & hydrated. And honestly, Vicks VapoRub is a wonderful thing.