He told me he was embarrassed of me while I was pregnant!

Options

Replies

• julietoh
    julietoh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well doesn't your man, and his family think highly of themselves .........Perfect are they?
  • MissMdM
    MissMdM Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've been here. Not pregnant. But my god I know that pain. I'm so sorry. You'll hate him. If he can't be there when you need him. You'll just look at him and see his weakness. You can be without him. You just don't know it yet
  • lilmiss_sunshine29
    lilmiss_sunshine29 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above. 1. Run don't walk from this jerk. 2. Get some counselling. You are a worthy person in your own right. 3. Find a local women's support group of some sort. I guess on line at MFP is a start. But a local in person group that meets once a week would be much better. At the risk of being blasted off the board, I also suggest that you consider finding a supportive church in your area and go talk to the pastor. If you are rejected because of your marital and motherhood status find a different church. The rejecting church are not really Christians anyway if that is their attitude.

Blessings in your quest.
    NW Bob

yap yap!
  • lizmaebar
    Options
    Do not stay. You deserve better and your children deserve a more positive role model. Are your kids going to walk around insulting people like that? Their spouses one day? You can leave. Don't be afraid.
  • Stephiebear953
    Stephiebear953 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an *kitten*. Must be nice to be so perfect you can go around insulting others. Honey, your view is a little skewed. You don't need to stay because of the kids, you need to get out FOR your kids. I would not want any child of mine brought up in his family either, as they are obviously just as bad as he is. Lose weight for you! When you do that and you get to feeling better about yourself, things will change. The first time he tries to touch you because he feels you are now "good enough" to sleep with just remember those words. You will probably be repulsed by him and that is the time you will feel empowered and realize you don't need him or want him.
    The only thing my hubby has said about my weight gain over the past 17 years is, "that's ok, it makes your boobs even BIGGER". Find someone to love you.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I grew up in abussive home and to say it damaged me is an understatement, I have battled drug addiction, over eating, self estem issues, obessidy,and my ability to trust people. Please think about your kids and what they will go through if you decide to stay.
    If you decide to put up with the abuse that is your choice but your kids have say.

ment to say your kids have NO say
  • vicrandom
    vicrandom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I left him back in oct of 2012. I went to the court house and was going to fill out papers for custody. I walked in and saw his mother there. She had gone to court the morning after I had thrown her son out of the house. She told the court that I was a unstable mother due to the fact I was on post pardom meds and that I work 40 hrs a week and she could take better care of my children because she was a stay at home mom. She then told the courts that my home was unfit for children and that I ABUSED AND NEGLECTED MY CHILDREN. None of this was true but it later came out that she had told the court all of those things to make me "wake up" and that my children deserved better and that they deserved two parents in a household. DCYF has been involved and has done a investigation and all of her alligations have been proven false. Because she filled for a emergency petition for guardianship the courts granted her not only temp custody of my 3 mo old at the time but of my three yr old wich is no blood relation to her. I had to go to court 4 days later and I was granted custody of my children back due to the fact that she had no proof of any of her allegations. Every time I think Im going to leave his mother gets involved somehow and Im always in fear. She later admitted what she did wasnt right but she didnt want my kids growning up without her son. SOME GRANDMOTHER SHE IS. Ive been in and out of court several times and they have granted mostly in my favor. But it still comes down to the fact that every time I leave him she reports that Im either neglecting my children or that Im not doing something right. She accidentaly sent me a text which she was sending to everyone she knew apparently.. That I was ****ed in the head for switching bottle nipples and then made fun of my breasts and wrote " Is this what her tits look like? No wonder why he wasnt happy with her" Simply because she had bought all of the bottles and nipples and I chose not to use them due to My sons bad gas.. I was trying a different bottle. If he sneezes or coughs once around her she says " Im not his mother but I think he should be seen" Then she tells the dcyf investigator that Im neglecting him... Ive worked at a daycare for 8 yrs.. Ive brought him to the doctor 8 times in 2 and a half months. His mother is crazy.... As long as I stay with her son she doesnt do anything. I cant afford another $1300 lawyered up court date. I own my own home and car.. I pay all the bills.. Leaving him isnt the problem. Leaving him and not having his mother lie to take my children away is the problem. Im trying to save a relationship.. a family... trying to avoid court and more undeserved pain. WHY DOES HE HATE ME SINCE IVE GOTN PREGNANT and Had his child?

I'm sorry I missed this before I replied - and I'm sorry for what you are going through.
    This is family violence. You need a lawyer on your side. You need domestic violence services on your side. You are being held hostage, and this will be difficult, and there will probably be days when it seems like court or police are looking at you like you're the problem, or like this is just some kind of spat. BUT YOU ARE BEING HELD HOSTAGE WITH YOUR CHILDREN. Find a counsellor, find a DV services worker, find someone who will be on your side; you will need their strength. Start putting money into a well-hidden place for the lawyer. File an RO against your bug**** mother in law. Your future ex may be able to get contact with the kids - but if she's crazy enough, you're looking at supervised visits. It's mean and ugly and staying with your abuser is not the answer.
    Get the therapist. Develop your self esteem. DOCUMENT EVERYTHING. Get what legal support you can and save up for what you can't get now.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    To directly answer your question: No, you won't get over it. Comments like that stay with you.
  • fitfreakymom
    Options
    can you not put a restraining order put on her or in some way have her removed from your life and have her charged with harassment. They are pushing you around because they canand you said you own your own home, is his name on it? and the next time he insults you like that call the cops and have him charged with abuse. It is time you only thought of your kids and yourself and stop giving two ****s about how he will feel.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I left him back in oct of 2012. I went to the court house and was going to fill out papers for custody. I walked in and saw his mother there. She had gone to court the morning after I had thrown her son out of the house. She told the court that I was a unstable mother due to the fact I was on post pardom meds and that I work 40 hrs a week and she could take better care of my children because she was a stay at home mom. She then told the courts that my home was unfit for children and that I ABUSED AND NEGLECTED MY CHILDREN. None of this was true but it later came out that she had told the court all of those things to make me "wake up" and that my children deserved better and that they deserved two parents in a household. DCYF has been involved and has done a investigation and all of her alligations have been proven false. Because she filled for a emergency petition for guardianship the courts granted her not only temp custody of my 3 mo old at the time but of my three yr old wich is no blood relation to her. I had to go to court 4 days later and I was granted custody of my children back due to the fact that she had no proof of any of her allegations. Every time I think Im going to leave his mother gets involved somehow and Im always in fear. She later admitted what she did wasnt right but she didnt want my kids growning up without her son. SOME GRANDMOTHER SHE IS. Ive been in and out of court several times and they have granted mostly in my favor. But it still comes down to the fact that every time I leave him she reports that Im either neglecting my children or that Im not doing something right. She accidentaly sent me a text which she was sending to everyone she knew apparently.. That I was ****ed in the head for switching bottle nipples and then made fun of my breasts and wrote " Is this what her tits look like? No wonder why he wasnt happy with her" Simply because she had bought all of the bottles and nipples and I chose not to use them due to My sons bad gas.. I was trying a different bottle. If he sneezes or coughs once around her she says " Im not his mother but I think he should be seen" Then she tells the dcyf investigator that Im neglecting him... Ive worked at a daycare for 8 yrs.. Ive brought him to the doctor 8 times in 2 and a half months. His mother is crazy.... As long as I stay with her son she doesnt do anything. I cant afford another $1300 lawyered up court date. I own my own home and car.. I pay all the bills.. Leaving him isnt the problem. Leaving him and not having his mother lie to take my children away is the problem. Im trying to save a relationship.. a family... trying to avoid court and more undeserved pain. WHY DOES HE HATE ME SINCE IVE GOTN PREGNANT and Had his child?

I'm sorry I missed this before I replied - and I'm sorry for what you are going through.
    This is family violence. You need a lawyer on your side. You need domestic violence services on your side. You are being held hostage, and this will be difficult, and there will probably be days when it seems like court or police are looking at you like you're the problem, or like this is just some kind of spat. BUT YOU ARE BEING HELD HOSTAGE WITH YOUR CHILDREN. Find a counsellor, find a DV services worker, find someone who will be on your side; you will need their strength. Start putting money into a well-hidden place for the lawyer. File an RO against your bug**** mother in law. Your future ex may be able to get contact with the kids - but if she's crazy enough, you're looking at supervised visits. It's mean and ugly and staying with your abuser is not the answer.
    Get the therapist. Develop your self esteem. DOCUMENT EVERYTHING. Get what legal support you can and save up for what you can't get now.

I didn't see this. Reporting false charges has to be criminal, no? Could you get a restraining order against the grandmother? Protect yourself and these kids. There must be resources available to you..
  • Rebirth08
    Rebirth08 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My question is. When I lose the weight and im down at my goal weight of 150. Will I be able to look at him the same Or is the pain that hes caused by all of the insults going to stay with me? Has anyone gotn through this?

Will you be able to look at him the same? Um, that is not a question that anyone can answer as a definite yes or no, but from experience, I highly doubt it. Telling you he's not attracted to you, is one thing (that alone is hurtful) but to state that his family is telling you that he could do better and how is not even making an EFFORT to connect with you or even help you get in shape but simply continuing to put you down is a wound that is going to take LOVE alone to heal.
    That man is going to have to FIRST apologize to you before you even begin to see him the same. Then he is going to have to WORK to show you that he does love you and that he was stupid and that you deserve to feel good, even if you don't look ideal in his eyes. And unless he shows you LOVE and puts the work in it and apologizes, then I don't see any future in regards to you seeing him differently. What I forsee, from your story, is you doing one of the two (1) gaining more weight from depression, or (2) losing the weight but being highly resentful of him.

I've been through something like this, not specifically with my body size, but other parts of my body where a man just hurt me. And like you, I said I would stay with him, but I grew so angry and resentful of him, that I finally walked away. I guess it was easier because we did not have children together, but it was still hard b/c I didn't want to be alone and my son was in the picture and I didn't want to break up that 'family.' But you gotta know that somethings were already broken when it got to you.

And though I am now losing weight and feeling better about myself, I think often of this man that I refer to. I find myself often wanting to say 'do you see me now? Look at me, I look good, don't I? But, that won't help, what he said to me and how he treated me won't ever go away and HE would have to show change before I ever went back. But the good part is, I don't want to deal with that anymore.
  • fitfreakymom
    Options
    I think you can call the childrens aid your self and talk to them about what is going on and get help
  • TattooTerra28
    TattooTerra28 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I don't get why leaving him is out of the question. I understand that you have a kid together, plus one from a previous relationship...but good Lord, leave this idiot!
    I'm sure it's easier said than done. But remember, you are choosing to bring up your children in a household with verbal and emotional abuse. They should be growing up seeing love and happiness.

This ^^^^
    I wouldn't want my kids growing up seeing this! It's better for them to come from a broken home then to live in one.
  • sniker_doodles
    Options
    I would punch him in the face if I was there!!!! >:( and if you are losing for you then good but if its for him it will not stick. If he can't love you at your "worst" then he sure as hell doesn't deserve you at your best
  • starfishme81
    starfishme81 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You could get a protection order on his mother. She already has documented history of harassment if she filed all those untrue allegations in court against you and the investigations proved she lied. You could talk to child and family protective services about removing your bf from your home and limiting contact with his family. If they cannot help you they can steer you to which agencies will. This is not a good situation for you or your children.
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    So the truth came out. He is no longer attracted to me. I had a baby 6 mo ago. When he said this 11 days ago and I weighed 212. I now weigh 201. I started the juicing diet immediately the day he told me all of this. He was not a supportive bf during the pregnancy. A lot of insults. He rarely touched my tummy. He is more interested in his son than me. He has told me he doesnt enjoy having sex and that his friends and family are constantly telling him he could do better. Very verbally abusive. Im not leaving him. I already have a 3 yr old from a previous relationship and now I have a 6 mo old. And I am no longer able to have children. Leaving him is out of the question. I know I should. But ..oh well. My question is. When I lose the weight and im down at my goal weight of 150. Will I be able to look at him the same Or is the pain that hes caused by all of the insults going to stay with me? Has anyone gotn through this? kinda feel alone... He says hes trying to "wake me up before its to late". Ive never felt so ugly.

First of all, if you went and pounded a nail in the fence everytime he hurt you and then pulled a nail out each time he complimented you the holes from the nails would still be in the fence when all of the nails were gone. You are the fence here. There will always be a scar from these things. Secondly, if you aren't getting healthy for yourself it will never stick. You have to do this for yourself! You need to heal your self before you will be good in any relationship.
  • shoeless356
    Options
    Rearing children in a verbally, physically or emotionally abusive home perpetuates the cycle. Do what you must to make a home and a life with your kids without this asswipe, or your kids will grow up seeking out relationships that mirror yours, because it will be their perception of "normal" and that is not true. You owe it to your kids to be in a happy, HEALTHY relationship. Leaving my stepfather was the best thing my mother did for me and my brother. Yes, we grew up in a single parent home but staying in an unhealthy home would have been much worse. Please find support elsewhere and get your own beautiful, worthy self and those innocent kids out of that toxic environment.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    your asking a question while refuting the only acceptable answer. he doesnt love you, hes verbally abusive to you, your kids will be subjected to this dysfunction, however, "leaving him is out of the question." what do you want everyone to do, validate your abusive relationship as normal and acceptable? your kids are going to wind up negatively affected because of the type of atmosphere that you two adults are raising them in, and your going to wind up the depressed medicated girlfriend / wife, home with the kids while hes out having affair after affair, because, according to your post and his abusive behavior, he doesnt give a *kitten* about you, and your willing to accept it. what exactly to you want people to say to you?
  • MyPsalm63
    Options
    You need to both seek out help from an outside source. Anything has the potential to be changed. There's a lot of hurt, I'm sure :( The way he is treating you is not right. I'm sorry you're going through this. Have you talked to him about how you're feeling? Becoming a new parent can be overwhelming and trying for both sides. Especially if it was a big surprise. Talk to him about what's going on in your mind. See if he will be willing to go get help. If you need to talk more, pm me. I will pray over this for you.
  • lirr10185
    lirr10185 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Such a sad situation. As much as you don't want to deal with leaving him, it will happen eventually if he continues to treat you like crap. A person can only take so much. You deserve so much better than that. I would just do it now before he damages your kids too. Better sooner than later especially if you guys aren't married. He will never be happy and will always find something to knock you down about regardless of your weight. Hope everything works out for the best for you and your babies. Hang in there, your self worth is not what size you are.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!