Anyone lose 100+ pounds WITHOUT surgery?

Options

Replies

• SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    wow this post as given me hope that i will get there

thankyou everyone of you

My best bit of advice is to invite these people to be your friends on MFP - friends who have similar goals and issues are invaluable. Best of luck! x
  • Calamity_
    Options
    How amazing your progress are ! Thanks for pics, It gives us great inspiration !
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    HI there!!!! You can do this!!! :):) I am 3.4 lbs away from losing my 100th pound with out any surgery. I have been on this journey since January 1 2012!!! I have no clue on how to post pictures in these forums but I have some pictures on my profile. Feel free to take a look if you can see it or send a friend request with a short note!!! good luck on your journey!!! You CAN and WILL do it!!! Patience, hard work and motivation will be your keys!!! :) xo
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    yep...140lbs down, 10lbs til re-evaluation...and yes, no surgery just a total 180 degree change in lifestyle...

it can be done...everyone who has posted me before me is proof of that!
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Yes! It took a couple years though, haha :smile:

Here's a bit of my story

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/StarkLark/view/how-did-you-stay-motivated-to-lose-all-that-weight-285296

and here's a pic!

7633587862_4a105ee0a8_o.jpg
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm not at 100lbs yet, but I'm closing in on it. It's taken me 13 months so far, and I venture to say it will probably take me 24 before all is said and done.
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    It's fantastic to see all the success here! I've still got over 100 to go, but the attitude and lifestyle change has me feeling like a new person already. Everyone here is an inspiration. Thanks for sharing!
  • Beautifulsoull
    Options
    I'm not at 100lbs yet, but I'm closing in on it. It's taken me 13 months so far, and I venture to say it will probably take me 24 before all is said and done.

As long as your eating healthy and moving thats all that matters. Slower the better is the way I see it. Some people can lose it really fast and others slow. I'm the slow one. I've lost 41lbs in 9months. Had a few bad months due to family deaths but I picked myself back up.
  • mrsricta
    Options
    You look amazing!!
    Right here :) About 20 more to go. Started 277, now im 171. All from healthier eating, counting calories and walking. Oh & chasing 2 toddlers around ;)

CA9C9E91-F0B3-44FE-9CD4-A2010ADBDEDC-986-00000087BC6BD540_zps5632b820.jpg

5347562B-FD56-4421-8A5C-66AF15D7327D-986-00000087B302D9ED_zps86e9c207.jpg
  • peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    If you have 100+ pounds to lose please feel free to join this challenge. we have a few spots left. About 50 people currently in the challenge. It's very well organized.

http://www.skinnyo.com/challenges/search/query:burning man
  • mrsricta
    Options
    A-MAZ-ING!! Such an inspiration!
    Yep. 135 lost in 15 months, and I've been maintaining since September. Today was my 605th consecutive log-in day :)

beforeafter.jpg

More pics/details in my profile and blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ShannonMpls
  • crystalroy
    crystalroy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yes... I'm down from 387 to 191 since 2008, it's sure is a process a very day sometimes moment by moment one :)

Visit my blog at: http://myjourneycrystalroy.wordpress.com/ or like my facebook page to see photos: http://www.facebook.com/387andsubtracting or just check out the profile here...
  • Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am in shock and completely in AWE of all of your success stories!!! You are all such an inspiration. THANK YOU. You have no idea what you have done for me and so many others by sharing your story!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You all look AMAZING!!!!! Great work!!! Such an inspiration. Thank you :happy:
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Did mine 100% without Surgery. And was able to completely tone up and banish any loose skin. My starting weight was 252 lbs and I am currently 127. You can totally do without Surgery. Healthy eating, portion control, moderation and exercise was what worked for me!

before_zps9123acd4.jpg

523240_10151059730871137_645030447_n.jpg
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I've lost 135 lbs so far. I did have to get the surgery to correct excess skin, but that's it.
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    bump
  • garciabnm
    Options
    147 without surgery!!!
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Me Me ME ! :) just working my butt off.
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    As you can see by my ticker I have lost 125lbs fo far and am hoping to lose another 25lbs to make goal. I am 5'5" and started at 280lbs and my goal is 130lbs. I started the life change in March of last year. So, yes it can be done like all the previous posters have also shown. Was it hard, not as hard as you would think once I decided I was serious about this and made myself move my butt of the couch and throw out all the processed foods in the cupboards/fridge. Walking (now running) and eating pretty basic.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!