Options
    Yum! Will have to try!
  • sdalhall
    sdalhall Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • tmikerx
    Options
    I made these tonight for a quick snack throughout the week and couldn't help but try one when they came out of the oven. I made some alterations:

- I used 1 egg beater cup and 2 eggs
    - 1/2 cup fat free mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese
    - I chopped the mushrooms before cooking them and added a bunch of minced garlic

Doing this, I got the calories down to about 49 per "muffin" (not a huge difference, but I suppose it helps) and you would never be able to tell they are diet anything. They are absolutely amazing. This is going to be one of my most used recipes :D

Thanks for sharing!
  • asmallermeplz
    asmallermeplz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump thanks
  • peachezncreme
    peachezncreme Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sassycupcakecutie
    Options
    Yummo. Saving for later
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Bump-sounds good, need to try these.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    bump
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    lean ham would go nice in this too, it's basically a mini quiche without the high fat pastry.
    will try it out today with a combi of egg and egg whites and whatever i have in the fridge. thanks.
  • denisemroth
    denisemroth Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! I've recently started using egg whites more often. I bet this recipe would be just as good and less calories by either substituting half the whole eggs for egg whites, or maybe even all egg whites. I may try this! I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks for sharing!
  • WhaddoWino
    WhaddoWino Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I will definitely give these a try, thanks!
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing :)
  • Sorashi
    Options
    sounds delicious, thanks for sharing =)
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    bump
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    bump
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    lean ham would go nice in this too, it's basically a mini quiche without the high fat pastry.
    will try it out today with a combi of egg and egg whites and whatever i have in the fridge. thanks.

I have seen recipes where you use ham as a "crust" just put it in the bottom of the muffin tin then the egg mix on top.
  • pkrichar
    pkrichar Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Any idea on how long these would keep in the fridge?
  • trb85
    trb85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bumping for something I can grab in the morning other than overnight oats!
  • phyllisann26
    phyllisann26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    going to make these this week. Sounds good!
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Mushroom Spinach Egg Cups

8 oz. baby Bella mushrooms
    9-10 oz package baby spinach leaves
    4 eggs
    1 tsp olive oil
    1 cup low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
    Salt and pepper to taste

Toss the mushrooms and olive oil into a pan. Add a bit of water if needed to cook them until tender. Remove from pan.
    Toss the spinach leaves into the same pan used for mushrooms. Add 1/4 cup water and cook over medium heat for 3-4

minutes until wilted. Squeeze out excess water and chop finely. In a mixing bowl, scramble the four eggs. Add the mushrooms, spinach, cheese and salt and pepper. ( I used 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 pepper but use whatever is good for you. Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray and portion out into 12 equal servings. Bake in oven on 375 for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let sit for 3-4 minutes before removing from pan...they come out easier that way.

64 calories of yummy spinach and mushroom perfection. This isnt diet food...this is just delicious! They heat up great in the microwave in 25 seconds. Perfect for cooking on Sundays and then enjoying on busy weekday mornings.
    :bigsmile: Can I use egg white>?????