Oh the things I see at the gym...

124»

Replies

• I'm sorry but this really made me laugh out loud. I love when I see people at the gym that do nothing. They are just there to say they go. As for someone eating a snickers bar and then a bag of chips. It just cracks me up. People now a days are interesting.
  • Piper911
    Piper911 Posts: 46 Member
    I will say I am not an excersise lover. Most of the time when I have a gym membership I force myself to go because once I get into it usually start to have a pretty good time and get a good workout in. However there are other times when I have forced myself to go that I just CAN NOT GET motivated and get super bored very quickly and may switch from cardio machine to cardio machine and do a very very half assed weight session. So I am probably one if those people that has been looked at like " what is she even doing here?" But hey I figure something is better than nothing. And I do not eat while I'm doing it lol.
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    There are two girls who recently started going to the gym I usually go to who ALWAYS bring some Starbucks "coffee" (more like cream and sugar with a splash of coffee) with them to workout! uhhh What?!
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    She better enjoy that while she is young. Wait till she gets to my age !!
  • This makes me want to go to the gym and do weird things to see who posts about it
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Maybe she had a bout of low blood sugar and that's all the food she had with her.....????
  • missi72
    missi72 Posts: 12 Member
    That is strange!
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Hahaha!
  • My favourite is watching the men lifting the weights for about ten seconds, then standing in the mirror, giving themselves a gun show and clearly checking themselves out for a good five minutes.
  • sunnylv
    sunnylv Posts: 42 Member
    Ha Ha Ha. She is young and has never had a baby. She probably doesn't have much fat on her body. She probably weighs 120 lbs. or less.

She isn't thinking about her body and what to put in it. She doesn't understand about sugar and blood sugar. She has no idea about inflammation. She is not concerned about diabetes. Heart disease? She thinks that is for old people.

She probably listens in school and has caught on to the "everything in moderation" pablum. She knows the food pryamid and the myplate garbage. But she has never researched nutrition. Since when did our ancestors consume bread and pasta and sugar in such quantities?

She has no idea about overload.

Someone needs to take her by the hand and teach her that what she puts in her body matters.

I was that girl at one time (sans the phone).

Two babies and 50 lbs. later (no longer 120 lbs.) I finally got smarter. I started doing research. Evolutionary nutrition. Now I am working on being fit and healthy. I have dropped some of the weight. I don't think I will ever be 120 again. But 130 would be nice. I have caught on to Paleo. I have seen great results.

Maybe as she gains weight she will start really searching for answers and skip that snickers bar.

But it may take 20 years.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Chocolate makes me sweat, maybe she was hoping for some kind of extra thermogenic effect?
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    ^^haha, obsidianwings! I love that!

My guess is that she's grounded, and mom is at the gym and doesn't want to leave her home alone...so she's there, and bored.
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Hahahaha! I can't even imagine that. Some people are so weird.
  • 3lilkids
    3lilkids Posts: 90 Member
    The treadmills where I work out face the parking lot and you can see people pull up. There are people who pull up to the front sit in their cars and finish smoking a cigarette before coming inside, or puff away on it as they are walking up to the door and throw it on the ground. What's the use of coming in to workout when you are just gonna smoke away any benefits you just gained.

Wow. Judge much? When you are overweight and you are a smoker you are just asking for failure if you try to remedy both at the same time. Personally, I've lost over 100 lbs in a year and I'm a smoker who works out at the gym. I agree smoking isn't healthy, and I fully intend to quit, but I'd like to succeed at both rather than fail at both because I tried to do too much at once. BTW, my doctor agrees with me.

Good for you!!! Awesome job on the 100 lbs. I figure, if you're doing something, you're doing something. Every time you see someone and laugh inside or form that judgement, look again. Maybe this is the first step. Maybe it's all they can do. Stop worrying about what others are doing, and focus on what you need to do for you.

As far as the phone thing, I used to go to the gym and leave my phone in my car, and this was "my" time. Didn't have to worry about anyone calling or texting or pestering me. Now, I take the phone in to listen to music while I work out. Funny, I was logging my lifts yesterday on my phone and it never occurred to me that someone would be looking at me thinking I was just texting or gaming or screwing off. Get a life.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    There was a guy at the gym just this morning sitting on the machines reading the newspaper and drinking a soda. He would do like three reps at a really wimpy level, and then sit and read the paper. After 10 minutes or so...he moved to another machine and did the same thing. Wimpy reps, sit and read the paper. And then another machine, and same thing. He was bugging me bad.
    It was just really strange, and I noticed several people giving him the stinkeye, but he just kept on with the newspaper.