S/O name tattoed

Options

Replies

• Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Nope. Wouldn't do it. I've been with my husband 12yrs and he jokes all the time about adding my name to him and I HATE the thought of it. Good with the 9 he has, but I don't need him to put my name on him to show he loves me and thankfully he doesn't need that from me either.

I fully believe it's bad, bad luck to do it too.
  • EverlastBoston
    EverlastBoston Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Ekkand I sure do. I'm confident in my relationship and seeing her name on my body reminds me of her constantly. She also has my name which is a complete turn-on.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    No. I am in the process of designing a couple of memorial tattoos for my brothers. I'm seriously indecisive on the designs though so not sure when this will happen.
  • chrismartin1977
    Options
    This is a bad idea.....I know from experience and had to pay to get it covered up. However I love my cover-up tattoo.
  • taliar93
    taliar93 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    ay102942022i-love-tatt-youa_zps1fa1939e.jpg

Well if the curse is real, then these two are completely doomed (the dude is famous for tattooing 50 something stars on some chicks face, she claimed he did it while she was asleep) And yes, that's his name, Ruslan, tattooed on her face.
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My husband is pretty tatted up. He doesnt have my name but he does have a portrait of our son and I on one side of his chest and our daughter on the other side. No names though. I think my face is okay. Does that mean we are "cursed?" Lol. He waited til after our 9 year anniversary to do it.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I don't really do tattoos, though I've considered getting a dina flower branded into my left thigh which is significant in my relationship and would be very permanent. Other than that, I'm a piercing gal and will get piercings done that my partner likes :) I have my next five in queue already, waiting on timing/disposable income
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been together for 23 years and married just shy of 21 years. I have his name tattooed on my lower back and he has my name tattooed on his arm.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Depends. I don't think it's an awful thing to do providing it's done sensibly.

I saw a design of an egyptian ankh that I really liked and I plan to have my partners initial incorporated into it, however, it is designed in a way that it will be easy to cover should the worst happen.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,791 Member
    Options
    My wife's name is tattooed on my ring finger. Been together for 25 years. I'd be willing to bet we will be together until I pass away.
  • CarlaChalk78
    Options
    I have my husband and childrens initials worked into a celtic design at the base of my back....had it done 8 years ago...marriage still going strong lol been married 12 years in April :D The husband also has my full name and childrens names on his arm :)
  • SharonBluntz
    SharonBluntz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    HAD an ex on my wrist... biggest mistake of my life. Got it covered up with an even worse tattoo... I'm doomed!! :(
  • DustyM777
    DustyM777 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I used to... Her name is now worked into the top teeth of a pretty gnarly looking skull :bigsmile:
  • kickers19
    kickers19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Tattooing someones name on you is probably the dumbest thing you could do. So we did the next dumbest. We got matching mustaches on our fingers!
  • Bunnehface
    Bunnehface Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    No and I never would! I have my daughter's name tattooed on my forearm, and if I have any more children I will have their names, but my fiancé and I would never get each other's names...we've both known friends who have had them lasered off or covered up after a break up!

A girl I know had "Lewis" (her fiancé's name) tattooed on her arm. She couldn't afford to have it removed, so when she got pregnant, she named her son Lewis so she wouldn't have to change it!!! :laugh:
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Kids yes...wife no. But I have thought about getting a k for her on my wedding ring finger though since I don't really wear jewelry.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    ay102942022i-love-tatt-youa_zps1fa1939e.jpg

Well if the curse is real, then these two are completely doomed (the dude is famous for tattooing 50 something stars on some chicks face, she claimed he did it while she was asleep) And yes, that's his name, Ruslan, tattooed on her face.
    I'm guessing that they don't have a lot of mirrors at there house.
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My husband did our names in runic and we have them tattooed on us. My name is on a tree stump on his arm (it's a forest scene) and I have his as the body of my butterfly. Five years strong so far and i've had the tattoo after a year of marriage. Tattoos of your SO is not a curse.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Never. My husband has my name on his arm. along with our kids, in a tribal heart. I told him he was an idiot.....my aunt and uncle had their names tattoed on their forearms when they got married....20+ years later, they got divorced.
  • camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I love my husband enuf to know we wil not leave each other we both got a matching dragon tattoo on our right inner forearm of 2 love dragons and our names :)