S/O name tattoed

Options

Replies

• SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I dont have a name but on the top of my back I have the first initials of my two kids and husband hidden in a swirly pattern. Tattooist did a great job, I have to point them out to people so its not too cheesey :laugh:
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I have my sons photo tattooed on me..as much as I love my husband, I'd never have his name tattooed on me.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I do my partners name is tattoos at the very top of my thighs knows its there but it would only ever be seen if I was wearing a bikini n it's small enough to cover ;)
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    The only names you can "safely" have as tattoos are your parents' or your children's.

My bass teacher had his wife's name tattooed around his ring finger instead of a wedding ring. Makes starting over after the divorce kind of awkward.
  • labgf4
    labgf4 Posts: 10
    Options
    I have a couple tattoos, but I would never get a significant other's name tattooed on me. Perhaps matching or similar tattoos, but never names. I don't know... it just seems like the kiss of death in regards to the relationship to me.

To each his/her own though...
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    One of the guys I've seen at the tattoo shop I go to has about 8 names on his left arm, each one has a strike line through them haha
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I would do it. I don't really believe in bad luck or in jinxing things. That's silliness.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    One of the guys I've seen at the tattoo shop I go to has about 8 names on his left arm, each one has a strike line through them haha

rockwell-tattoo.jpg

Lasering hurts/costs more so think about that
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

rockwell-tattoo.jpg

Lasering hurts/costs more so think about that

That looks like him haha he also has a small camel on his big toe!
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have escloflowne's name tattooed on my @ss. Totally worth it.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I got a name lasered off
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    No, never.. The closest I'll come is what I have: I have my 2 daughters' infant footprints on my back and their name is above each set. The names are in my wife's handwriting.
  • xcrmonger
    xcrmonger Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a tattoo that says "mom". She's the only person I will ever live or trust enough to have ink done for.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    My husband has my name on his arm.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    I've not got a tattoo of my partners name but we do talk about it :-) it's just like getting a family members name on your body, it's no different.. The only time i have a problem with people getting their boyfriends/girlfriends name tattooed on them, is when they have a relationship like the people on Jeremy Kyle hahahaha

But if they seem genuinely in love & like tattoo's, then why not? I would get my boyfriends name tattooed on me, somewhere private that's not always on show :-)
  • ekkand
    ekkand Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I've not got a tattoo of my partners name but we do talk about it :-) it's just like getting a family members name on your body, it's no different.. The only time i have a problem with people getting their boyfriends/girlfriends name tattooed on them, is when they have a relationship like the people on Jeremy Kyle hahahaha

But if they seem genuinely in love & like tattoo's, then why not? I would get my boyfriends name tattooed on me, somewhere private that's not always on show :-)

That's exactly how I feel. And that's why I got my husbands name on me in a private place that can be shown only if I choose for it to be.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    No....I would never get anyones name tattooed on me...ink is forever...Humans...are not
  • lindseym1983
    Options
    I do not have his name but we are getting tattoos that when standing next to each other chest to chest the design is complete and when apart we each have half of the design. Thought of getting his name but decided I liked this one. But I do not see the big deal of getting a spouse's name on their body. Everyone acts like it is this big erasable step if you later regret it, but what about these same ppl having babies together. Sorry think that is a bigger step than a tattoo, cannot remove a child later if you break up and ppl don't seem to mind having babies with multiple different ppl and not being married or even in relationships sometimes. So you all need to chill out!
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have their significant others name tattooed on them? If so, where?

No. I have my children's names tattooed on me.
  • ekkand
    ekkand Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Everyone acts like it is this big erasable step if you later regret it, but what about these same ppl having babies together. Sorry think that is a bigger step than a tattoo, cannot remove a child later if you break up and ppl don't seem to mind having babies with multiple different ppl and not being married or even in relationships sometimes. So you all need to chill out!

THANK YOU! You took the words right out of my mouth.