Anyone lose 100+ pounds WITHOUT surgery?

Options

Replies

• socalloser
    Options
    I have I have lost 140 on WW. It takes determination , and patience. We live in a society where we want instant gratification. Slowly but surely will always will the race
  • jgood21
    jgood21 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    No surgery here! 101lbs lost. Good luck with your journey.
  • ssrose33
    ssrose33 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    this is awesome - talk about encouragement! Thank you for posting it and CONGRATS to all proving hard work and determination will get you everywhere! pretty soon i will have my own success story! :)
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    See my ticker below.
    Almost eleven months in to logging on MFP. 61 years old. No surgery, no pills, nothing except counting calories, and determination.
    Calories in vs calories out, simple but it works and can be done.
    Plenty of people here have done this, but a lot of people do it with surgery as well.
    You have to do what is right for you.
    Best of luck.
  • cmfruin2012
    cmfruin2012 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am so happy you started this thread -- and even happier to see so many wonderful stories of people doing this the old fashioned way -- through just plain diet and exercise. I am determined to do this without any supplements, surgeries, bizarre food combinations, shakes, etc -- I am prepared for it to take as long as it needs to -- there are no quick fixes -- at least not ones that are healthy and permanent.

Keep the amazing and motivational stories coming -- they are very meaningful to folks like me who want to do this (in my opinion) the right way.
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Great thread! Thanks so much to everyone who shared their story! You are all an inspiration. The lessons I am taking away...persist, don't expect perfection, keep logging and moving. Thank you!
  • walleyebob977
    walleyebob977 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Now this is some true dedication way to go everyone. I'm on my way 29 down 71 to go.
  • tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    122 gone with healthy eating and exercise! You can do it! 291 to 169.

Sep-2011-291-3.jpg

02102013-169-1_zpsa21aca9d.jpg
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love this thread. I like the common theme is good ol' logging food and exercise! Reminds me that it can be done, don't give up, keep plugging away!

You all look incredible!! Wow!
  • Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for answering my curiosity. I see a lot of people on MFP that have lost over 100 pounds, and I KNEW there were those of you out there that did it without surgery! Thank you all for being such an incredible inspiration!!! :flowerforyou:
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Thank you to those that posted their success stories, for showing it can be done. Marking this off to return to when I need a swift dose of stick-to-it-iv-ness and motivation on my journey, especially when I hit my first plateau. One day I hope to add my success story. You are ALL an inspiration.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    My full story is a bit too much to type but if you want to read it, it is here. I was 218 I am now 118. No surgery no pills no fancy diet plans, no trainers, no personal chefs... It can be done

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/04/i-lost-weight-tricia-baker_n_2567788.html

gracevisit.jpg

523645_10151118518819249_1216817339_n2.jpg
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks fantastic! Im down 90 with no surgery. Every day has been a struggle, but well worth it.
  • goodenough13
    Options
    Wow! Amazing thread! You guys are all so inspiring!! I hope that in roughly a year I can be one the people with a before and after pic of a 100 lb loss!!
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks amazing, great job!
  • Jess4kids
    Jess4kids Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    wow you all look amazing and I bet you all feel amazing . cant wait to share my story!
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Yep 3 times..doing it again.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Right here :) About 20 more to go. Started 277, now im 171. All from healthier eating, counting calories and walking. Oh & chasing 2 toddlers around ;)

CA9C9E91-F0B3-44FE-9CD4-A2010ADBDEDC-986-00000087BC6BD540_zps5632b820.jpg

5347562B-FD56-4421-8A5C-66AF15D7327D-986-00000087B302D9ED_zps86e9c207.jpg

great job!!!
  • reneateston
    Options
    Wow, amazing job everyone! This is great motivation!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!