Date him or not - help please??

Options

Replies

• brokenjawedmuse
    Options
    his firm is one of my Customers and Suppliers

If you have ANY say in regards to your company's interaction with his company or vice versa, this is EXCEPTIONALLY unethical and unprofessional. In my industry, that's grounds for immediate termination.

IF you can opt out of interaction with his company on the grounds of conflict of interest, then I'd say go for it. If you can't, then I'd say no.
  • XAVTAY2
    Options
    Go for it,,, it sounds like you all know how to have fun together. It's work a date and he did show interest...WHY NOT. Let us know how it goes...
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Flip a coin.
  • catlbeginagain
    catlbeginagain Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Love Love Love this response...hope you're listening! :)
  • TigressPat
    Options
    he's seriously interested, not playing.

However, my own reservation would be that you sort of have to work with him.

if things don't work out (don't bash folks, they usually don't statistically!) it might be akward.
  • mum212
    mum212 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i dated my supervisor and we are still together 6.5 years later happy as ever, who cares what other ppl work related may think i didn and look where i am, happy!!!!

hey im not saying it will be the same but id go for it and if it dont work out then oh well but if it does then youll be hearing yourself say in a few month, years time im so glad i didnt pass this up x
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I just want to know where you keep putting the mickey.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I believe he is being serious - at the first hint that you might actually be interested in him, he jumped for it. Don't laugh it off or he'll think you are not actually interested and will never ask you out again. Let him take you out for VDay and see what happens...

don't let your head over analyze (I do that all too often!) - try and enjoy yourself and if you get along so well as friends, I have a feeling you will have a wonderful time which will lead to more dates!! :)
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    All I can think of reading this is Gavin & Stacey. Good luck!
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You guys already have an amazing foundation, one that should almost be a REQUIREMENT before dating/marriage....a true honest to goodness friendship. based on nothing but emails and phone calls.....nothing physical to distract etc....almost like courtship (yes, I am VERY old fashioned lol)...I say go and enjoy yourself...dont get all freaked out....you know how well you get along....relax and enjoy some attention......let us know how it goes!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    If his wife is OK with it, go for it!

just kidding... :happy:

I say go. You don't have to get married, just have a good time and have a great friend.
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fate. You both sound shy, and without a lot of self esteem, yet you talk easily to each other & laugh & have fun. He might be a once in a lifetime chance. Go for it!
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Put him in the "friend zone," and watch him wallow in self pity.

As for those asking about "taking the Mickey," does nobody know about the marvels of Google?
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You've known him long enough, he probably won't physically hurt you. But I gotta say, he sounds an awful lot like my ex-husband who would certainly flirt with you and sleep with you (and every other women he has contact with).

Be careful! If you really like the guy, don't put out right away. Don't let yourself fall head over heals on the first date (sounds like that might be a problem already). And also, don't like a guy JUST because he likes you - took me 20 years to figure that one out! You are entitled to YOUR OWN emotions and opinions.

If you tend to associate sex with love (like most women), you may find it helpful to have a sexbuddy just to keep "those needs" in check. I've found that if you go into a relationship with the mindset of it just being physical, that's how it remains. You don't hear women say this much, but there's nothing wrong with a having a friend with benefits, so long as everyone is on the same page.

The worst part, as others have mentioned, is not knowing. If you have a genuine interest in the guy, there's nothing wrong with going on a date. Have fun!
  • actingnurse1
    actingnurse1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    quit being such a girl and overthinking/making things way more complicated than they need to be. Its a date. Just go out and have fun. Stop overthinking.
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, Gavin and Stacey. Go for it. Have fun. Enjoy. Etc. :-)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I would say go for it as long as your work allows. Many work places have policies about dating co-workers or clients etc.
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    He asked you out for valentines day, he didn't propose! Relax and go have fun!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    YEP. DO IT.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    his firm is one of my Customers and Suppliers

If you have ANY say in regards to your company's interaction with his company or vice versa, this is EXCEPTIONALLY unethical and unprofessional. In my industry, that's grounds for immediate termination.

IF you can opt out of interaction with his company on the grounds of conflict of interest, then I'd say go for it. If you can't, then I'd say no.

THIS ^^^ Jobs are tough to replace. I have to let my company know I officiate sports and when I was in Procurement we were looked at on the regular for improper benefits and relationships.....