NSV! Let's Hear Yours!

Options

Replies

• Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Replacing my entire wardrobe.

^^^^^^ This! I just did it for the second time yesterday - 3 overflowing trash bags. Glad I buy at consignments now! A scale victory is awesome, but some NSV's are much more gratifying!
  • robind200
    robind200 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did 11,000 steps, 30 minutes walking and 20 minutes on the treadmill. Makes me feel a little more motivated this morning.
  • docnyto
    docnyto Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Scale Victory is that I've lost all but one pound of my "holiday weight gain." NSV: I'd never gotten around to unboxing the new electronic keyboard I got for Christmas. I haven't played keyboard in over 20 years. So, instead of spending the evening snacking, or fighting off snack urges, I played for a couple of hours, doing scales, practice runs, and concentrating on perfecting a couple of sheet music pieces. Finally have a decent version of Scott Joplin's THE ENTERTAINER. Solved the "let's get a snack" problem by doing something else instead. It's hard to snack if your hands are busy doing something else. And mind engaged in something else, so it doesn't drift to food. Also, not watching TV during that time (or at anytime last evening), meant I didn't see commercials for tempting foods. So, this morning, I'd lost another of the pounds that had been bugging me, that had started rolling back on shortly before Thanksgiving.
  • jhner
    jhner Posts: 66
    Options
    My NSV lately has been my hubby calling me "tiny." I'm 5'9" and no matter how little I weigh, never feel "tiny" so this makes me smile! Gotta love him!
  • amandasilva
    amandasilva Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!
  • Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Love this NSV idea so much, I'm creating a special MOTIVATION jar just to hold all of my NSV's throughout the year in one place. That way, anytime I need a pick-me-up, I can pull out my jar and read through the little notes. I hope it's overflowing by NYE! ;)

I love that idea!
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I just returned from the tailor's. I'm getting a very nice suit tailored IN so I can wear it again!!
    I bought this suit about 8 years ago in a size 12, had it tailored in a bit for me, wore it maybe twice, then got too fat for it. It has languished in my closet all this time. What a shame, it looked so great on me.
    I tried it on 4 months ago and realized it fit again. I looked great in it.
    The best news: I tried in on last week and realized it's too big now!!
    Because it was so expensive and I love this suit, I am having it tailored IN again so I can wear it and enjoy it. I feel so... so SKINNY!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    As I was cooking dinner, I weighed out the turkey burgers. My initial handful was within .2 oz. each time and right on the dot a couple of times.
  • amandasilva
    amandasilva Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm digging this thread up so I can brag and boast-

New hole in the belt- 2.5 inches in!

Tons more energy- best NSV I can think of!
  • lbs32724
    Options
    I teach at an alternative high school with kids who have been kicked out of regular public schools and they are a very tough crowd. One of my students today said "Hey Miss, you don't look as fat as you used to." I said um, thank you and they asked why I was losing weight. I said I wanted to feel better in my skin and lower my risk for a plethora of disease later in life. Another student pops up with, "Yeah right, Miss, we know the real reason you're losing weight. You're headed to the stripper pole come summer time". Gotta love these kids:noway: Well, I'll take what I can from them, but I'm pretty proud of my loss so far: 25 pounds!!! So it's a nsv, even if a little harsh.
  • mayhoops
    Options
    I just saw three guys I had gone to college with for the first time in 2 years & each one individually complimented me on how good I looked! I have probably lost about 40 pounds since I had seen them last.
  • Gin66
    Gin66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    What is an NSV??

Non scale victory.
  • s07civic
    s07civic Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Going from a BMI in the obese range at the start of April to the normal range.

Having people at work comment (almost daily) on how good I look.

Replacing my entire wardrobe.
    I've been pretty hard on myself lately and feeling down, but reading this comment just uplifted my spirits and motivated me to keep at it. Thank you.
  • armstrong71
    armstrong71 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am 41 years old and I work as a nurse manager at a dialysis clinic. One of my male patients who is 30 years old , told me yesterday your lookin gggoooddd boss!! It put a smile on my face for the rest of the day !!
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone on your NSV'S :smile:
    Mine: yesterday I sat down in a cafe for my lunch with my mum and I fit between the table and chair. Last time I tried a had a big struggle fitting my jelly belly in!!!! And the last time it took me 2 attempts to get up :blushing:
    Today I've just walked to my daughters without stopping to ease my crippling back pain. Hardly had a twinge :bigsmile: I'm soooooooo happy and think I'll focus on these more than my weigh ins :smile: xx
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME!
  • deemedpriceless
    deemedpriceless Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I teach at an alternative high school with kids who have been kicked out of regular public schools and they are a very tough crowd. One of my students today said "Hey Miss, you don't look as fat as you used to." I said um, thank you and they asked why I was losing weight. I said I wanted to feel better in my skin and lower my risk for a plethora of disease later in life. Another student pops up with, "Yeah right, Miss, we know the real reason you're losing weight. You're headed to the stripper pole come summer time". Gotta love these kids:noway: Well, I'll take what I can from them, but I'm pretty proud of my loss so far: 25 pounds!!! So it's a nsv, even if a little harsh.

This is awesome! I work at an alternative school too. So, I can relate. This was a great compliment.
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You know that feeling when you run into an ex and you know you're looking great? Yeah, that. I ran into him at the dog park on Sunday, and honestly feel like a million bucks after the look I got. That was the look of, "I'm internally kicking myself but don't want you to know."

Certainly didn't get that from him three years ago.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    How timely. I just posted this on my profile as an update.I'll just copy and paste here:

My first NSV post (thanks whitneyps7 for the inside scoop on MFP accronyms and lingo lol).

One of the biggest motivators to get back in shape was how run down I would feel after a normal day, or how hard it was to keep focused on work, family, and life in general. It was to the point I brushed against depression last year, which is something I *NEVER* thought a postitive person like myself would ever have to deal with. But lately I have felt that cloud lifting. I am starting to feel so much energy inside of me. Last night was an amazing run and today at work I am starting to feel like the old me - confident, energentic, and ready for anything that might come my way.

Awzummmz.

Here is to the good life - good food, good exercise, good health, and good support through MFP.
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Love this NSV idea so much, I'm creating a special MOTIVATION jar just to hold all of my NSV's throughout the year in one place. That way, anytime I need a pick-me-up, I can pull out my jar and read through the little notes. I hope it's overflowing by NYE! ;)

What a fantastic idea :laugh: x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!