NSV! Let's Hear Yours!

Options

Replies

• SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    My daughter told me that I am "starting to look like a kid wearing her mother's clothes" and would I please buy some new clothes! :laugh:
  • mojolo7
    mojolo7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    As of this morning, I have a "healthy" BMI for the first time since I got married almost 9 years ago! (I know this isn't original, but I still wanted to share.) Yahoo!!!!
  • sjanney007
    Options
    Today! My husband said "Your hard work is paying off" :)
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Today a co-worker told me she could tell that my waist was smaller. :)
  • sjanney007
    Options
    As of this morning, I have a "healthy" BMI for the first time since I got married almost 9 years ago! (I know this isn't original, but I still wanted to share.) Yahoo!!!!

I think this is awesome!
  • sjanney007
    Options
    My daughter told me that I am "starting to look like a kid wearing her mother's clothes" and would I please buy some new clothes! :laugh:

Too funny :)
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    I took a general health test at Sams Club and my total cholesterol was 163, hdl 46 and non fasting blood sugar is 110. I am obese but I have been eating healthy and exercising and trying to be healthy.

AND, I don't take any medications.
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Love this post. It's motivating to read everyone's NSVs. Keep it up folks.
    Well let's see, my rings are loose, I've gone from 1X to a medium, 18W pants to 14, knee hurts occasionally as opposed to most of the time, face is slimmer, look and feel healthier and I am much fitter and recover faster.
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Options
    Ditto on the rings getting looser, plus my face is thinner and I don't make those weak grunty-noises and get all out of breath just trying to change the water jug in the office cooler anymore. Also, I've doubled my daily workout time since September (from 1/2 hour a day to 1 hr. a day), so pretty proud of that.
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    My plantar fascitis has disappeared, my winter boots zip all the way up over my calves now and I don't need an energy drink in the afternoon to keep awake.
    Bet you're glad about that? I suffered with PF a couple of years ago. VERY painful indeed! :sad: Mine cleared up 6 months after I has a cortizone injection
  • digressions
    digressions Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This thread is amazing! It is incredible and inspiring hearing abour everyone's NSV's - a great big high-five to all of you!

To add a few of my own:

* Getting my blood pressure down from a ridiculous 180/120 to 112/74. Resting HR down from 95 to 57.

* Running my first 5k race on NYD at -10 degrees, and finishing 3.5 minutes under my personal goal. My first time running EVER was mid-July 2012...I could run about 30 seconds before I had to stop, at that time...now I can easily run 20+ minutes with no break at a 10 minute mile pace

* Being in the best shape of my life at nearly 38 years old - better late than never, right? :) I had made half-arsed efforts at the gym before and always admired those people who just seemed to be KILLING it with their workouts!!! Now, that is me, and that feeling is awesome. :)

* My thighs don't rub together for the first time in my life

* Being able to borrow clothes from friends, and have them actually fit - sometimes they are even too big!

* Knowing that my Dad (who passed away 2 months ago at age 60, a lifetime of obesity and unhealthy eating contributed to many of his health problems) was SOOOO proud of me for losing weight and getting fit...Last summer when he was in hospital for months I would run/walk there to see him and later run/walk home. He told me himself how proud of me he was, but he also told others, who then told me at the funeral/visitation to make sure that I knew how he felt. Agreed, Dad's funeral was probably not the time or place to compliment someone on their weightloss/fitness achievements, but I appreciated it none the less, and it did reinforce to me that he was proud of me for taking control and making it happen. When I get tired or lazy during a run/workout, I remind myself that, in a way, i'm doing it for Dad too...and I push on!

* Buying my first ever pair of "skinny jeans" just last week and knowing that I look awesome in them

* Buying my first ever 2-piece bathing suit and feeling awesome in it on vacation last month

* Not cowering in terror or hiding in the background when someone wants to take a picture of me

* Not being afraid of all the "stuff" you miss out on that comes with being overweight - can I fit in to that rollercoaster? Better not try - it'll be SO embarassing if I can't. Can I shop for clothes there? Probably not.... Can I go horseback riding? Ehrm... My job is getting new uniforms - do they even come in my size? I can't do this/that/the other thing - I'm FAT!!! This is the difference I've enjoyed the most of all! I am now a healthy size 12 (at 5'10") and while I wouldn't mind losing another 8-10 pounds, I feel like, for the first time in my life, I am truly happy with myself, and if nothing ever changed with my weight/fitness level, I would not only be ok with that, I would be proud. :)

Sorry for the long rant, this thread just kind of touched a nerve for me. Best of luck to everyone on their WL/fitness journey. :)

26954696.png
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I started off in tight size 20s, in December I got into a 16 for the first time ever.

Today, they were too big so I had to put a belt on!
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    My Boss told me I was looking good :) (Woman Boss, she just cares about her employees)

AND My size 18s are falling off! I have to fold them over at the top when I wear them.
  • Katrina090
    Katrina090 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    3 different people all telling me today that you can tell I've lost weight !! :)
  • amandasilva
    amandasilva Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This thread is amazing! It is incredible and inspiring hearing abour everyone's NSV's - a great big high-five to all of you!

To add a few of my own:

* Getting my blood pressure down from a ridiculous 180/120 to 112/74. Resting HR down from 95 to 57.

* Running my first 5k race on NYD at -10 degrees, and finishing 3.5 minutes under my personal goal. My first time running EVER was mid-July 2012...I could run about 30 seconds before I had to stop, at that time...now I can easily run 20+ minutes with no break at a 10 minute mile pace

* Being in the best shape of my life at nearly 38 years old - better late than never, right? :) I had made half-arsed efforts at the gym before and always admired those people who just seemed to be KILLING it with their workouts!!! Now, that is me, and that feeling is awesome. :)

* My thighs don't rub together for the first time in my life

* Being able to borrow clothes from friends, and have them actually fit - sometimes they are even too big!

* Knowing that my Dad (who passed away 2 months ago at age 60, a lifetime of obesity and unhealthy eating contributed to many of his health problems) was SOOOO proud of me for losing weight and getting fit...Last summer when he was in hospital for months I would run/walk there to see him and later run/walk home. He told me himself how proud of me he was, but he also told others, who then told me at the funeral/visitation to make sure that I knew how he felt. Agreed, Dad's funeral was probably not the time or place to compliment someone on their weightloss/fitness achievements, but I appreciated it none the less, and it did reinforce to me that he was proud of me for taking control and making it happen. When I get tired or lazy during a run/workout, I remind myself that, in a way, i'm doing it for Dad too...and I push on!

* Buying my first ever pair of "skinny jeans" just last week and knowing that I look awesome in them

* Buying my first ever 2-piece bathing suit and feeling awesome in it on vacation last month

* Not cowering in terror or hiding in the background when someone wants to take a picture of me

* Not being afraid of all the "stuff" you miss out on that comes with being overweight - can I fit in to that rollercoaster? Better not try - it'll be SO embarassing if I can't. Can I shop for clothes there? Probably not.... Can I go horseback riding? Ehrm... My job is getting new uniforms - do they even come in my size? I can't do this/that/the other thing - I'm FAT!!! This is the difference I've enjoyed the most of all! I am now a healthy size 12 (at 5'10") and while I wouldn't mind losing another 8-10 pounds, I feel like, for the first time in my life, I am truly happy with myself, and if nothing ever changed with my weight/fitness level, I would not only be ok with that, I would be proud. :)

Sorry for the long rant, this thread just kind of touched a nerve for me. Best of luck to everyone on their WL/fitness journey. :)

26954696.png

Awesome....love the details because it shows how much it means to you!!!!!
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    All Ive had really are NSV!

2.75in off my waist
    1.75 off my hips
    1in off my neck
    .5 in off my arm

And my parents were gone for 3 wks in Hawaii and he said it looked like I have lost weight.
  • caramel1920
    Options
    1. Going to my annual wellness check and getting props from the nurse and my doctor about my weightloss, lower bp, and how I hopped off the exam table!:happy:
    2. Borderline hypertension a few months ago, now normal bp.:flowerforyou:
    3. Am no longer able to eat the massive quantities of food I normally would without getting really sick.:sad: I know it's a good thing.
    4. I hate wearing belts, but have to because my old pants will fall off if I don't wear one!:smile:
    5. My face is slimmer and you can see my neck!:flowerforyou:
    6. Really close to reaching my first goal of 50lbs lost/size 14. Super excited because I'm rewarding myself with shoes!:wink:
  • tessaeve
    tessaeve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hubby challanged me to a footrace down the driveway, I smoked him!
  • fatboymax
    Options
    None of my large shirts fit anymore (they look like i am wearing a poncho). I put them in a box over the weekend and am now only wearing medium!
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    A dress that a couple of months ago wouldn't zip up now has space around the waist.

Additionally, I did a retest of my 1RMs at the gym today and actually managed to impress my trainer!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!