Women who eat more than 1800 calories a day !!!!

Options

Replies

• catintheshell
    Options
    bump!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    BUMP because I have some days in a week where I eat 2,000 calories. My MFP maintenance daily goal is 1600 but I find out that I still lose weight with this number of calories.
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • itali614
    itali614 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bump...This and the previous thread to it are interesting to me. I was eating a minimum of 1800 calories per day and excersizing and losing a minimum of one pound per day and then quit nursing and lowered my calories. I continued to exersize (Insanity) daily and lost very little or little pockets of weight until I lost nothing several weeks in a row and even gained. After being discouraged I put my BMR as my goal calories and I haven't been as diligent exersizing and have lost almost every day. I only enter weight weekly and now only if there is a loss. But I can't wait to enter this weeks weight!
  • Jaymefirst
    Jaymefirst Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Interesting...bump to find original thread ;)
  • Dopie2
    Dopie2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ok I don't get it..... I thought I had to cut back my calories and exercise and for every 3500 calories I either burned doing exercise or didn't eat I would lose 1 lb. I am new at this and apparently need to do some research...
    I am 5' 7"
    ST 174 lbs
    CW 170 lbs
    GW 150 lbs
    keeping my calories under 1200 (but wondering if I should up my calories)
    and doing 40 minutes cardio and started some light weight training 4-5 days per week
    The 1st week I lost 4 lbs and seemed to have energy, the 2nd week I had a some bad stuff goingon personally and didn't concentrate on anything except keeping my calories around 1200 and this week I have NO energy. Not sure if it is because I am not eating enough or maybe just the really rough week I had last week?
    Any suggestions?
  • al369
    al369 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I set mine to 1900 based on a deficit of my actual TDEE. I usually get 1500-1800 but only net 1200-1400 due to working out. I think I may need to up my calories some more because I keep losing faster than I intend to and I'm still so exhausted!
  • Chinadorian
    Chinadorian Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Ok I don't get it..... I thought I had to cut back my calories and exercise and for every 3500 calories I either burned doing exercise or didn't eat I would lose 1 lb. I am new at this and apparently need to do some research...
    I am 5' 7"
    ST 174 lbs
    CW 170 lbs
    GW 150 lbs
    and doing 40 minutes cardio and started some light weight training 4-5 days per week
    The 1st week I lost 4 lbs and seemed to have energy, the 2nd week I had a some bad stuff goingon personally and didn't concentrate on anything except keeping my calories around 1200 and this week I have NO energy. Not sure if it is because I am not eating enough or maybe just the really rough week I had last week?
    Any suggestions?

Dopie: give it time! You cant really assess ANYTHING in just 3 weeks time...
    but it definitely sounds like you should up your calories, especially since you seem to be very faithful with your workouts. Enjoy the extra calories for energy and also for helping you burn the fat!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I was also an avid 1200-1300 calorie a day eater. It worked for me for the first handful of months, so why would I want to eat more? My weight loss stalled BIG time for like a month. I was scared to up my calories because I didn't want to gain, but I noticed the minute I started eating around 1500-1600 calories the weight started falling off again...ODD..but true! A lot of your posts on here make me think I could be eating even more. In fact, I know I could be since my BMR is around 1760 and my TDEE is around 2200, but I didn't want to push it. I may try eating a little more and see if that helps, but just the increase that I did do seems to be working already!! Who doesn't LOVE being able to eat eat eat and still lose weight?!?!? :)
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 7"
    ST 174 lbs
    CW 170 lbs
    GW 150 lbs
    Any suggestions?

Yes find out what your BMR is and calculate your TDEE. Eat somewhere between them. If you are eating lower than your TDEE you will lose. I am eating at about a 15% cut from what I estimate as my TDEE. If you eat lower than your BMR you will eventually stall out. There are alot of calculators out there. You also need your age to use most calculators and TDEE depends on your activity level.
  • awerewka
    awerewka Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SammiFrancs
    SammiFrancs Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MtnVegan
    MtnVegan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one who couldn't exist on 1200-1400 calories a day!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I've just gone up to 1810, im 128lb and 5"9. Trying to gain some lean mass and drop my body fat %

Not sure If I should be eating a little more yet, I'm going to give it a couple of weeks.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I'm going to read this thread later... It looks like something that I need to give my attention.

I recently posted a topic at: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/887029-44yo-needs-to-lose-22kg-how-many-cals-do-i-eat If anyone can shed any light, or offer an opinion it would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

So - then I reduced my calories from about 1680 to 1550. But my BMR is only 1500. 4 days later, it's not working for me. Every time I think about it, I just can't believe that this number is right.... It's not enough food, surely. I'm still 82kg and a size 14 (Australian). I go to the gym 5 days a week: 3 weight training sessions, 2 cardio, walk almost an hour 5 days a week.

Then I read IPOARM AGAIN (!!) and today I've upped my calories up to 1850. This completely freaks me out, but I just feel that with 22kg yet to lose I should not be stalled where I am. I have gained weight in the last fortnight, and yes, I am feeling better, and I know that I have lost size in the last 8 weeks, I really feel like it should be more than it is, and not stalling already.

I eat well, and not sure how I'll get another 300 calories in with good food, but I think it might be the answer for me. I'm willing to experiment on myself and I figure I can't keep putting my calories DOWN all the time or in a couple of months I'll be in the 1200 club and I KNOW that isn't enough.

I want this to be for a lifetime!!! It's not a diet - so I want to be wise about it.

Anyway, glad to find this thread - I will read through it tonight when I get home from work. Happy to get any advice I can.
  • wigglypeaches
    wigglypeaches Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know this thread existed until now! I'm typically eating between 1900-2300 calories. I'm 5' 10", 141 lbs, and I've been steadily losing for about a year, just slowly. Now I'm lifting, Kraving, and turning my focus to maintenance and building muscle.

On the other hand, I also didn't start tracking until long after I'd starting exercising, and I've only had about 20lbs to lose altogether. A lot of my focus has been on making better decisions about what I eat, and introducing more protein and fiber to my diet.

That's all!
  • kathymc54
    kathymc54 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kittymoney
    kittymoney Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump to read when feeling better
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Bump to browse later. Ive been on a plateau and have been more active. I'm guessing I need to up my cals to compensate for the higher activity. HUGE THANKS EVERYONE!!!
  • Chipmunk222
    Chipmunk222 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :)