30 Day Shred (May 15th - June 15th) Support Group

Options

Replies

• lovmykids
    lovmykids Posts: 51
    Options
    I feel so bad about myself today because I didn't do my workout! My fibromyalgia is hurting so bad though. Fibro Sucks!!!!! I really wanted to try and do it without missing but it just didn't work out for me today!:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Bought it tonight. Excited to start tomorrow. I'm gonna be soooooo sore! I have to find something to do my measurements but starting at 154lbs. Great job so far guys/gals!
  • Unicornlover
    Unicornlover Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post my starting stats:

current weight: 253 pounds
    height: 5'6"
    bust: 45"
    waist: 39"
    hips: 49"
    thighs: 27"
    calves: 17.5"
    upper arms: 15"

Goal Weight: 145 pounds
  • lolyno
    lolyno Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Fellow Shredders!!!

L1D2 woohoo feeling good my legs are sore though :noway:
    oh well no pain no gain (actually a loss is what I'm looking for)

talk to you all tomorrow
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I just did my measurements, since I do them around the 18th of every month. I'm only 5 days into the Shred so I should be able to compare the difference with when I'm done in about a month. Here they are

Waist: 36.5" (down 1")
    Hips: 43" (down 1")
    Thigh: 26" (down 1")
    Calf: 17" (down 0.5")
    Neck: 14.5" (down 0.5")

I'd call that decently successful for the month. My weight loss has been slower this month than in past months, only about 5 or 6 pounds that have been stubborn. I'm kicking up my exercise and trying to eat more protein so hopefully the next month I see more pounds and inches coming off.
  • anikab
    anikab Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have two more days of level 1 and am totally nervous about starting level 2. I also HATE the side lunges and I only use 3lb weights! I'm ok with the first set and then half way through the next one I'm struggling to get my arms up to eye level LOL. everything else I've mastered without feeling like death. I can't wait to lose this belly fat!
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Just did Day 2 of Level 1... DEAR LORD

ms jillian michaels, in the kindest and most loving way possible, i officially hate you

the siberian prisons you see in all of those action movies (namely tomb raider) don't put their inmates through that much hell. ok, so maybe that's an exaggeration but i will say that every muscle contraction results in a string of profanities that would make a sailor blush.

its the strength stuff that kills me. when she does those weird lung-y things with your booty sticking out, there is a serious concern for a sudden collapse. don't get me started on those pushups...
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    The push-ups in level 2 are actually easier than level 1. Only because they're mixed with this plank / walk thing.
  • naythemrs
    naythemrs Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!
    I did the 30 day shred TWICE before and just started back yesterday! I LOVE Jillian Michaels and want to be just like her when I grow up LOL! You will get results from this workout! The pics in my weight loss ticker are thanks to this workout... 30 days changed my body and I did not even eat right... this time I am doing it all right and I hope to loose weight AND inches! Good luck and keep going!!!
  • Unicornlover
    Options
    Good Morning All! I just woke up and I must tell you two things: first, I had my first weigh-in this morning and lost 2 pounds (yea) and second, I am S-O-R-E!! I do believe doing Levels 1 AND 2 on the first day was a bit much! LOL Lord help me through this day!
  • Unicornlover
    Options
    Hey Everyone!
    I did the 30 day shred TWICE before and just started back yesterday! I LOVE Jillian Michaels and want to be just like her when I grow up LOL! You will get results from this workout! The pics in my weight loss ticker are thanks to this workout... 30 days changed my body and I did not even eat right... this time I am doing it all right and I hope to loose weight AND inches! Good luck and keep going!!!

Wow!!! You are an inspiration! If you can survive Jillian--twice--and live to write about it...well, I'm your biggest fan! Good luck on your third time around and achieving your goals! Your pics are awesome...
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    The pics in my weight loss ticker are thanks to this workout... 30 days changed my body and I did not even eat right... this time I am doing it all right and I hope to loose weight AND inches!

So impressive! You have got me psyched about results!

I completed L1D6 last night, after having to take Monday off. The cardio really kills me still - mainly the jumping jacks. I don't know what it is, my body just HATES them. I'm going to stay on level one for 10 days and hopefully build up more endurance.

I'm already noticing results in my upper body strength, which really surprised me. I was showing my newly visible muscles to my husband last night - I was so proud :)
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    i just completed day two level two last night and i can honestly say that THIS level is kickin my butt!!!!! but its so worth it...!!!!! =-)
  • Zaggytiddies
    Options
    i just completed day two level two last night and i can honestly say that THIS level is kickin my butt!!!!! but its so worth it...!!!!! =-)

I was reading your signature... Was that the feather nest inn? Haha Sorry so off topic. I'm hoping to start day 1 later but the little one is teething and pretty miserable. Crossing my fingers.
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options

I was reading your signature... Was that the feather nest inn? Haha Sorry so off topic. I'm hoping to start day 1 later but the little one is teething and pretty miserable. Crossing my fingers.

yup it was...it was REALLY nice. :-)
  • lovmykids
    lovmykids Posts: 51
    Options
    I just made it through day 7!!!! Finally got in day 6 close to midnight. My little man wouldn't go to sleep so I figured why not!!! Its finally getting a little easier but I still think I will be on level 2 for longer then 10 days.
  • Zaggytiddies
    Options
    Just finished D1L1 a little late to the party. Not as bad as I feared (had nightmares about... Let's be honest) I only had to stop a few times cause my feet were killing me! sweat like a pig and feel a little out of it now... Time for some water, a snack, and a shower.
  • jtapp9
    jtapp9 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Last night was a full D1L1. I am SORE today! I do feel great about it though :). I'm using 3lb weights and not sure that I will be able ot contiue with them...omg they get really heavy...lol. The jumping jacks and the jumprope are both being really hard on my bladder. I'm doing my best with them and modifying by doing something else when I have to. If nothing else I run in place for jumping jacks and jumprope single footed. Oh Lord I just hope to be able to do those bicycle crunches right eventually..hahaha
  • kristi223
    kristi223 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    L2D1 is complete(Day 6 in all). Honestly, I thought I might die at some points, but when it was all over, I felt sooo good! It was definitely easier today than when I tried it months ago(before doing L1 on a regular basis). I'm already a little sore so tomorrow morning might not be very pretty!! Hope everyone is having a great day!!
  • capturethemoments3
    Options
    I completed level 1 day 8 today and am feeling great. I think I am ready for level 2, but don't want to push myself too fast so I will finish off ten days on level one first. I can now do one set of the pushups with Natalie and tomorrow I am going to try and do the WHOLE workout with her :)