Women who eat more than 1800 calories a day !!!!

Options

Replies

• Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Have my calories set to 1500, but with all the exercise I do I'm usually between 2000-3000 calories a day

I'm 22 5' 2'' 128 lbs.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    i eat 2000 plus a day minus exercise calories i seem to be maintaining, hopefully i get to see some more muscle definition soon!!! it so nice not to starve myself.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    This makes me feel bad. I can hardly manage to eat over 1,500 calories a day. How do you guys do it? I feel like I would constantly have to eat to get at least 2,000 cals.
  • wigglypeaches
    wigglypeaches Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I tend toward high fat/high protein foods, and I don't avoid all sugars. I'm working toward replacing a number of my choices with more natural, whole grain and fruit/vegetable options, but I don't skimp on my fat intake and I nibble throughout the day.
  • alexisu96
    alexisu96 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This makes me feel bad. I can hardly manage to eat over 1,500 calories a day. How do you guys do it? I feel like I would constantly have to eat to get at least 2,000 cals.

2000 is not alot to eat. I don't how muc less can be filling!! I eat @2000 and more if I cheat. I also eat healthy. Brkfast: coffee, juice (little diluted with water) muesli with mix. Brings me to just under 400. Lunch was garden greens with tuna, feta, veggies, olives with a lowfat johurt dressing. Small roll. Total 600. Snack 2 oranges 150. All this before 2pm. Left a good 800 fpr a nice dinner, latte and snack.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Yeay, I was looking for this thread a little while ago. bookmarked now.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I eat between 1800-2000/day and lose. I eat a paleo/primal high fat, low carb, moderate protein diet. It's not a problem for me to eat that much food most of the time, because a lot of what I eat is calorie dense stuff. I don't eat processed foods so I cook dinner from scratch pretty much every night. Anyone is welcome to befriend me and check out my diaries if they're looking for ideas or want to swap recipes, etc.

As for the scale--I've found that my scale is pretty stupid and not a good way for me to measure on a regular basis. As you can see from my ticker, the number on the thing does indeed go down, however I find that the scale will show nothing for a few weeks, then at some point it will show a 6lb loss, or something similarly mysterious. Measurements work best for me, same goes for the fit of my clothing and how I look in the mirror.

In terms of exercise, I strength train with good old barbells and dumbbells, swing kettlebells, and walk for transportation.
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Bump - I have to read this!
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    What are the deciding factors to up your calories? I am still trying to figure out the ideal daily calories for me.
  • paprikas
    paprikas Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I eat at least 2000 cals per day, lift heavy and am loving this! Weight is moving downwards very slowly but I am building muscle and feeling great! Starving is no fun!
  • inkysmurf
    Options
    bump
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Typically eat 2,000 cals per day, low carb, high protein. Little to no added sugar, low glycemic fruit (blueberries, apples), clean and whole foods. Lift 5x/week, cardio 4x/week. Weight stays between 148-151lbs at 5'9", however I am back into size 4 pants. :smile:
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    bump to save for later.

I think I've finally found the right amount of calories for me. I'm eating 1900/day but I'm not fanatical about it - I try to stay under 2000. I exercise about 400-500cals/day, but I don't eat back my exercise calories. I still have a lot of weight to lose and this is working for me right now. I'm consistently losing weight and not feleing hungry, so it's working.
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Will be reading more here later. Thx everyone!
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I just recently bumped up to over 1800. I try to average somewhere between 1900-2000 a day. If i burn more calories than usual during some of my workouts, i may eat a little more than that.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I eat 1800 calories! bump for later
  • maz2469
    maz2469 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1900-2000 per day and have been maintaining since 11/1/2012. I'm 42 years old. 5'6" and vary between 130-133 pounds. I do a combination of heavy lifting with barbells and dumbbells (3 days per week), HIIT workouts (2 days per week), and running (training for a half marathon in April).

The scale is not my friend (as it can vary a bit each day depending on my workout and sodium level), but I have maintained my size 2 pants and sometimes fit into a size 0. I get compliments on my arms and people call me "fit" and I have a lot of energy.

When I first started MFP I used 1200 calories as a baseline, but always would eat back most of my exercise calories. My choices now are also much healthier than when I started.

I wish I had always followed my current plan, but it took me a bit to figure out what worked best for me.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1900-2000 per day and have been maintaining since 11/1/2012. I'm 42 years old. 5'6" and vary between 130-133 pounds. I do a combination of heavy lifting with barbells and dumbbells (3 days per week), HIIT workouts (2 days per week).

Ah ha! Thank you - that is my goal... So if I eat and exercise like the healthy person I want to be - I guess I'll be eating around 1900-2000.
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I started at 295 lb. a month ago, and on the advice of my dietician, should be eating around 1950-2050 calories to achieve a 1-2 lb weight loss per week (with at least 30 mins of exercise most days). So far this is working great, I've lost from 1 to 3 lbs/week so far. I know that the daily calories will go down as I begin to lose more.