Guys would you date someone with specail needs?

Options
Papalov100
Papalov100 Posts: 1,593 Member
I wonder why guys are not wanting to date someone with special needs are they scared that they scared something wrong will happen to the person they date?
Reason why im asking is because i am special needs and i have been single all my life .

Replies

• juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I wonder the same thing about women. One of my best friends has been in a wheel chair his entire life. He is cute, funny, smart as all get out, but can't seem to find the right girl. If I weren't already married when I met him, I would have dated him, myself!
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    I would date anyone who attracted me both physically, and with their personality. Dating is hard for many people, so don't despair.

You don't have to find a lot of people to date, just the right person.

ETA: I'd take a dollar over 100 pennies anyday
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    There are some guys (and girls) who emotionally can't handle it.

BUT I will say that there are some amazing people out there and you will find an amazing guy when the time is right.

Don't give up.

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • DefluffinMyStuffin
    Options
    You just haven't found him yet! You're beautiful and exhude a sunshiney joy in your photos. :glasses: Lots of people your age have yet to find their other half. You have time. Be happy, be yourself. More often than not, love comes knockin' when you aren't lookin'. :heart:
  • tashacan
    tashacan Posts: 121
    Options
    I wonder why guys are not wanting to date someone with special needs are they scared that they scared something wrong will happen to the person they date?
    Reason why im asking is because i am special needs and i have been single all my life .

Praying that God sends the right man your way and that you have the most AMAZING Valentine's Day EVER! :flowerforyou:
  • LuckyMiss3
    Options
    My sister has severe cerebral palsy, she would be an awesome partner, sadly you get a lot of people who cant see past certain things. Also shes known as the pretty sister :)
    Seriously though when you meet the right person and i am sure they are out there, they will be so worth the wait!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    You just haven't found him yet! You're beautiful and exhude a sunshiney joy in your photos. :glasses: Lots of people your age have yet to find their other half. You have time. Be happy, be yourself. More often than not, love comes knockin' when you aren't lookin'. :heart:

This. I think a lot of guys may not be mature enough to take up the responsibility. Or maybe you are looking at the wrong guys. Stay strong. You will find a good one. I know it.
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    You are so beautiful! I agree with previous posters, it takes a strong man to look beyond the exterior! I think that when the right man comes along, you will find him and he will be worth all the waiting!!

Good Luck and Happy Valentine's day!

:heart: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options

^^^THIS x 100^^^
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Well, I don’t know about guys… but my husband has an uncle that has been in a wheelchair all his life due to a bad medical procedure when he was a child. He dated plenty, got married, had three kids, and even managed to cheat on his wife with a much younger woman, divorced his wife, married the mistress, and now has a baby girl. So… it’s possible, don’t despair. The right guy will come. Good luck.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I like to believe that there is someone for everyone. Sometimes you find them when you are NOT looking for them....

and your special needs won't even matter one bit when you find him. He will love you no matter what.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I like to believe that there is someone for everyone. Sometimes you find them when you are NOT looking for them....

and your special needs won't even matter one bit when you find him. He will love you no matter what.

Ditto ^^
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I could say that I married a woman with special needs, being that all women have special needs. :laugh:

Seriously though, I dated a woman in my early 20's who had cerebral palsy, but it was only after I got to know her through a mutual friend. I think the "problem" is that we as people are still basically primitive in what initially attracts us to a potential mate.
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    I would definitely be open to dating someone with special needs. One of the hottest guys I've ever seen was in a wheel chair. It depends on the person, personality and chemistry, like all relationships.
  • Papalov100
    Papalov100 Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    It's just hard i mean i see a lot of hot guys but im scared to tell them what my special needs is because with would not want to go out with me and that has happened a lot
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Everyone is pretty spot on....the right guy hasnt come along yet...I know it can get discouraging.....but be patient...God has big plans for you!!!!! He has the perfect man planned for you......:flowerforyou:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    My sidekick is in a wheelchair and honestly, when I look at him, I don't see a man in a chair. I see a man, and a man that I want to make so happy for as long as I can. There have been challenges, sure, but nothing insurmountable.

You seem like a wonderfully warm and caring person, just stay who you are and love will find you, and it really happens when you least expect it.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I would

one way or another we all have special needs
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    As a guy with "special needs" I know how hard it is. I had so many dates with nice compatible women over the years that never went anywhere. I also had a couple of relationships that ended because they got to thinking about the future.

Finally in my forties I met a great woman and we got married last October.

Just stay positive and don't give up.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    It's just hard i mean i see a lot of hot guys but im scared to tell them what my special needs is because with would not want to go out with me and that has happened a lot

#1 - I don't think you need to tell them. Just be yourself.
    #2 - As I stated earlier maybe you are looking at the wrong guys. The hottest guys aren't always the most compassionate/nicest/sincerest people. Decide what is going to be the most important to you and think about that when looking for someone to spend your time with.