Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday-

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!

Thursdays truth: I have been going to the gym almost daily 5or 6 out of 7. Today I am feeling like it is has been a waist of time....I feel like that because I took the scale out from under my bed and weighted myself eventhough I said I wouldn't. The scale showed weight gain so of course my mind is on a tangent. I know I am doing the right thing and I am trying to eat right and not eat after late night snacks which most days I do great. The darn scale just has me feeling bad.

I haven't had a chance to read posts the last 2 days....been doing homework so I can prep for the my girls night in at my house this weekend that I am hosting. I am super excited.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Wed wish- That crazy Jersey drivers would stop trying to hit my car. I have had at least 3 people make their way into my lane while driving. wth!

Rachael

I spent 18 years living in Atlanta. Talk about crazy driving??!! This is probably the best thing I love about leaving Atlanta and moving to Las Vegas. The traffic is a breeze!! Now if you talk to people out here they think traffic is busy. You don't know busy unless you've lived in Atlanta, L.A., Chicago or New York (N.J. is close enough). Crazy busy traffic. I think with Las Vegas it's a ton of transplants from all over the country so it's a bunch of craziness pulled together. I did have a chuckle with this one.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth: To be honest, I really don't have anything to get off my chest (that's a bit of a catch-22 because I have a LOT I would like to take off my chest, which surgery will handle one of these days) LOL!!!

The team took me out to lunch on Tuesday for Chinese. I guess if there's anything I do miss its some of my foods I use to eat like General Tsu's, Kung Pao, Sesame or Honey Chicken, all those crazy fried appetizers, and then don't get me started on Mexican. But, with that said, I'm this weight because I ate those things WAY too often. I know I can still have them BUT in moderation and much, much smaller portions. I did OK on Tuesday. One little scoop of 4 different things, 1/2 rice, one spring roll and that was it. I didn't take big portions and tracked it the best I could. HUGE accomplishment for me.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentines day everyone. I hope you are all having aa great day. My husband sent my daughte and I some beautiful flowers. She is such a little beast she keeps saying hers are prettier then mine (cause they are but thats ok). The guys get a peice of paper with bouquet listings and price but no pics or anything so there is no real way for them to know other then it saying what the flowers are. I wont be doing anything for the day except sending my husband a mushy e-mail. I am watching my neice and nephew today for a bit while their parents ironically file for seperation on today of all days but at least they have calmed down some and are trying to keep this civil for the kids sake. The whole reason I wasnt on yesterday was that they keep talking to me from both sides of it and I want to be a good sister but the residual stress from that caused a massive headache and had my neck and upper back so knotted I could barely move. It is doing somewhat better today. After a very long day I just had to tell them both that there just wasnt anything further I could say but I hoped they could calm down and just get the paperwork done and filed before it got really ugly for the sake of their kids and future happiness and then I went to bed and slept for 11 hours. I am going to try really hard to have a healthy day today and eat enough to not get the little red message saying I am eating to little. I know a short time of that wont hurt me but will just slow down my efforts in the long run. Well with that all said I guess my Thursday truth is obvious that I just take on to much that I cant control. It is a work in progress that I am trying to change. Good news is I will get a workoput in today since I always play lots oe wii when I have the kids. Well now that I have reread this (with the many spelling errors) I am going to go fire up the wii. Have a great day guys and enjoy the ones you love.
  • Helenavee42
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone and happy valentines day! It is a beautiful and refreshingly cool day here just south of Houston! Days like this I wish I was out with my puppy running around at the park. I am glad that because I work in the front office/reception (even though I do more accounting work than anything) I get a view of the sky and can prop the door open for fresh air. Sadly I will not be able to celebrate valentines day with my boyfriend because I have to babysit my bosses kid. Oh well.

Thank you all for your help on the quinoa. My neighbor had brought a ziploc bag of it over last week because she had bought a bulk package of it. (I don't know where, she is hard to understand as english is her second language) First attempt was ok. It seemed like I cooked it right. The texture threw me off and the recipe I used it for was just too lemony. I also grabbed cilantro rather than parsley at the grocery store last night. :embarassed: I think I might give it another go with quinoa but i would need to use a different recipe. However, my little sister really enjoyed it. She said it was very unique and that she might like it once a week:smile:. My mom on the other hand didn't like it because she hates cilantro, says it makes her want to gag.

Thursday truth: So glad I went to the grocery store yesterday as I had not been eating as well as I should have been. Now I have no excuse not to. I will be making my own salad dressing though because everything is so high in sodium. I am thinking of just red wine vinegar with olive oil. (like at subway, that's all I get on my salads at subway well that pepper and oregano yumm:heart: ) I also need to find a yogurt that is low in sugar. I mean 16g for 8 oz??? That seems a little ridiculous to me. I am open to suggestions!

@Susan whoop! being able to hold back at a chinese place has to be one of the hardest things! Great job on that!

@Robin I hope that getting your car fixed is cheap too and quick! Electrical problems are the worst. My friends car is having issues too luckily he is able to bike to work or catch a ride from a friend. At least it's saving him gas and giving him a good work out!

@everyone able to change macros... How do you do that??? I have never been able to figure it out.

@Mowmow Yay just one jab! They take forever with me. Only because they can never get any veins to pop up enough. One nurse dug her nail into me a few times making me bleed! My mom has the same problem they have to bring a pro in for her.

It is great to be back. I am feeling really good and very motivated!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
    Helena
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Helena - I make a buttermilk ranch that is both low in sodium and low in sugar, since those are the macros I watch closest. However it is NOT low in fat if that's what you're after. It tastes just wonderful and you'll never miss the salt.

Makes 12 servings of 2Tbsp per serving. I don't add the spices into the calorie count so JUST the mayo and buttermilk comes to 125 Calories, 1 carb, and 133 Sodium

HOmemade Ranch Dressing
    1 C Mayo
    1/2 C Buttermilk
    1/2 Tsp each of Dill, parsley, garlic powder, and onion powder
    1/4 Tsp black pepper
    (and any other spice that strikes your fancy)
    To convert this into a vegetable dip, replace the buttermilk with Sour Cream and it will be much thicker when chilled.
    Buzz in a food processor until blended. Pour into a maison jar and refridge overnight.

As for your macros:
    From your main page click on goals.
    Scroll down and click on change goals
    Check the box that says "custom" and click continue
    Make your changes
    Scroll down and click on Save Changes
  • Helenavee42
    Options
    Mowmow That ranch sounds very yummy. And thank you. That was a lot easier than I thought!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    kindof a drive-by posting tonight...

Wednesday wish - for the amped-up drama at work to die down a bit... lots of patients cycling (Shrinkrapt will understand), and a brief elopement... and bang, we're all over the news....:noway: :frown:

that's life in the psych ward...

i think there is never a dull moment in the psych ward.....at least that is the way it is in psych emerg
  • Desdemina
    Desdemina Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    @Helena Go to "My Home" and there's a sub menu item that says "Goals". Click on that and you can customize your macro goals.
  • jumpy983
    Options
    Wed wish- That crazy Jersey drivers would stop trying to hit my car. I have had at least 3 people make their way into my lane while driving. wth!

Rachael

I spent 18 years living in Atlanta. Talk about crazy driving??!! This is probably the best thing I love about leaving Atlanta and moving to Las Vegas. The traffic is a breeze!! Now if you talk to people out here they think traffic is busy. You don't know busy unless you've lived in Atlanta, L.A., Chicago or New York (N.J. is close enough). Crazy busy traffic. I think with Las Vegas it's a ton of transplants from all over the country so it's a bunch of craziness pulled together. I did have a chuckle with this one.

Crazy is Florida drivers. I love them but during snowbird season it's nothing but miles and miles of Qtips driving sedans...glad snowbird season is *almost* over.:laugh: I love them, but I had a man with glaucoma drive his dog to the vet and then tell me that he didn't drive at night because he couldn't see so well and he had an hour drive home with his dog and his wife who wasn't any better at seeing than he was!! :huh:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,178 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone - just checking in GHD 14/14.

Nite.:heart:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Helena~Yogurt low in carbs is tough, but there are a couple of things you can try. The plain Greek yogurt has half the carbs/sugar as regular Greek yogurt - just add your own fruit (pick one lower in carbs like strawberries) and a sweetener like Stevia if you don't like it tart. Another option is the new Yoplait 100 calorie Greek yogurt, each container seems to have 8-10g of carbs/sugar which is better.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the positive feedback about being in inspiration, I really do need to see myself in a different light.

Truth-Today was a trying day from start to finish. We had rain last night which then decided to freeze on the roads this morning. MD drivers are no better and ice doesn't help. There were 80 accidents on the roads in Anne Arundel County alone this morning and several of those were on the roads I take to work. The main road I take was at a complete standstill so I took a different route so I could get gas in the car. Well, needless to say I did get the gas in the car but also stopped at Dunkin doughnuts- a normal 30 minute drive to work took about 2 hours today. I left home at 7:15 and reached worked at 9:15. Not a fun drive and traffic was stopped or slowed every direction I went. Normally, I don't pass a Dunkin doughnut on my way to work. Then tonight I was suppose to meet people for dinner with a social group that I belong to but could not find the place. So I gave up and went home- at least I ate a healthier dinner and now I am enjoying frozen yogurt. Tomorrow, it will be back to correct eating habits and hopefully no traffic issues. Their were so many teachers late for work today that they had to hold the kids in the auditorium until most of us reached the school. It was crazy- the school board really screwed this up today, it should have been a 2 hour delay.

Tonight, I was tired when I got home so I did not hit the gym but that's okay because tomorrow I will be climbing and will burn a lot of calories.

Have a great night, everyone.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    :grumble: Truth: Did my taxes today and I get a refund, but my car repair is going to take a chunk of it, and I'd already spent the majority of my refund on my credit card. Shooty booties.:noway: Nothing left over for me. but a lot less debt. I should look at that - that is a plus in the long run and my car will be fixed and I can push it another few years. Since I have no money for a new car I should be happy to repair it and keep it running. Actually its a classy car, a 99 Buick Park Ave with only 74K miles on it. I had to change cars when I left my husband so he couldn't find me, and I'm just getting used to this one. It needs a name, any suggestions? Its an easy rider. I use cruise control all the time. I observe the speed limits. I listen to classic rock & I sing along. I do more interstate driving than city driving. Its white, and 4 doors, front wheel drive. So any names any one?
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    So any names any one?
    Shauna
  • jumpy983
    Options
    Parker... or Kevin.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Robin My sister used one of the names from the Three Musketeers for her car when she was single because he was her knight in shining armor to protect her. Just a thought.
    GHD challenge 14/14 I was well under my calories for today. That should help on the days ahead. Good night.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Robin My sister used one of the names from the Three Musketeers for her car when she was single because he was her knight in shining armor to protect her. Just a thought.
    GHD challenge 14/14 I was well under my calories for today. That should help on the days ahead. Good night.

Athos, Aramis and Porthos? Now who was D"Artagnon? I'd go with Aramis because I loved that cologne on my dad, god rest his soul! :love:
  • dorothybeans
    Options
    ok, ready to get started on this journey in the AM....I'm motivated right now and hope it stays with me....got groceries bought and will be fixing lots of fish...glad I like that...lol Here we go!!!!!
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentines Day to Each and all. Hope yours was wonderful.

Hubby took me to Outback and it was great. I saved points so I could eat pretty much what I wanted. For breakfast I had cereal and fruit,lunch was chicken and a salad with fat free yogurt dressing and fruit and at Outback I had a small steak, baked potato w/sour cream (I took my own lite margarine is a tiny plastic cup) and a large salad. The salad cost me more points than the steak. But it was worth it. Had a little warm bread with a smidgen of butter. Had to use some of my weekly points but it was very satisfying.

My husband said I was taking the margarine too far. He said I was acting like a religious fanatic, just focusing on dieting instead. But I disagree, it was my choice and I had the right to make that choice. I didn't tell him what to eat nor did I tell anyone else what choices they should make. As many times as I have failed in making right food choices, if this is what it takes to suceed, then so be it

My Thursday truth is: I have the choice to continue overeating and ruining my health and lowering my prospects of longevity or making right decisions, choosing foods that affirms me and doesn't hurt me and that builds health. Those are my choices and only I can make them. I can make choices or excuses and right at this second I choose to make choices. Hmmmm, maybe hubby is on to something. What do you think?

GRANDMAKAYE44 &Robin: When I was going thru a trying time, I finally got a good dependable car, and a friend gave me a prayer for my car. I pasted it on the dash and I never had a incident in that car. And for me that is an accomplishment since I regularly hit curbs, walls, etc. I just need a small car, I guess. But I think naming your car rocks!! We'll have our fingers crossed that you sucessfully make it thru all the celebrations

Desdemina- Congrats on the weight loss. You are very smart to tackle this problem now. I am 66 years old with arthritis and mobility issues and working on these issues. I feel it is more difficult when you are in lots of pain, limited mobility and a creature of habit. But I know I will suceed and I believe you will also. I dream of my job often, so glad to know I'm not the only one. Sometimes I wake up and think I have done what I dreamed. Go figure!!

Robin, thanks for the kind words. Electrical problems are the worst. Hope you find the source. This cold weather has sidelined most of my water aerobics, which is my major exercise. But I did some stretched today, so that helped. I am going to the physical therapist and they are teaching me to stretch and I am in a lot less pain. I plan to keep these stretches up. What about White Knight for your car. Hope you get to feeling better

Lin - I notice you exceeded your ONEDERFUL goal. Congrats to you. Know you made many wise choices and it has paid off fo you. I am so proud of you

Rachael - Week before Last week I felt I ate properly and I gained .6 lbs. Like you, I felt disappointed, considering the effort I gave it. Last week, I veered quite a bit and lost 3.2.
    My point is the weight will come off when it wants to, not when we want to. I've been working on planning meals this week. I keep saying to myself, "Fail to plan and plan to fail" That is the single most thing that keeps me on track. As long as you keep making the right choices, the weight will come off eventually.

MyMowMow - Your sucesses are showing!! You look great and provide an inspiration everytime I see you
    Holly - You might want to just weigh at the gym. Their scales are more accurate. If you use two different scales it will drive you crazy. I weighed at the Dr's office, my home and Weight Watchers and they all showed different amounts. Enjoy your Girl's night

Susan: I agree about Atlanta drivers. When Bill & I got married, I moved in with him in Buford and I had to drive I985, to I85 to I285. It was a 90 minutes commute on a good day. By the time I got to work, I was ready for a nap, I was so exhausted. I believe that commute with its craziness contributed to my disability.
    Susan, some of us chest challenged folks would like to get what you take off, Tee hee hee!

JtConst - Love your new pic. It looks great. I have been working on not solving others problems for years and I am getting better. My hubby and I were discussing this today and I realize I have only "fixed" one of my sisters problems in the past 6 months. For me that is close to a miracle My husband says I have a big heart, but I have come to believe that I am gullible in some cases, compassionate in some, foolish & naive in many cases and looking to bolster my self esteem in some cases. I don't apply those sentiments to others, but I have come to believe those are all factors. I now realize, I must take care of myself first before I can be of service to others.

Helena, I miss living in Houston, because the weather was so mild. I still have friends there that I visit and I was going to retire there & move backbut the property taxes are so high, I decided to stay in Georgia. I did think Houston drivers were sometimes aggressive. Like you and MyMowmow, my veins are shallow. I usually have to have a phlebotomist pull my blood. I tell them, you get three trys and then you are out. And I mean that.

Kroger has a brand of yogurt called CarbMaster. It is 4 carbs and they have many flavors. My hubby eats it all the time and my great grand even likes it, though I dont give it to her unless I have no other snacks on hand. She probably needs the carbs

Laurie, you have accomplished so much. I can't even imagine losing 67 lbs. You ARE an inspiration. And your decison to not let one bad day throw you for a loop probably is one reason you have done so well. We all get down at times, but participating in a group like this can help us move forward. It is always nice for others to remind us how special we are. And it doesnt hurt
    for us to tell ourselves how special we are, from time to time

Katrena