Easy Low-Cal Cake? OH YES! :)

Options

Replies

• tpfoodie
    tpfoodie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump (sorry for bumping, but sounds yummy!)
  • LaurenRosePR
    LaurenRosePR Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've heard about this on Facebook! I LOVE Angel Food Cake so I may have to try this!
  • neen6270
    neen6270 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have made this. Yes, it is that easy and yes it is delicious. Top with fat free cool whip if your daily calories allow.
    So yummy
  • fowlerly
    fowlerly Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    does this work? like legit... cause it is my birthday saturday..... :P

For the love of god, Erika, don't have mug cake on your birthday. Splurge on your special day! :tongue:

Also, does anyone know how many tablespoons make up the two boxes of dry cake? For OCD calorie counting reasons, of course. :smile:
    okay..its called 321 cake..it is awesome!!! However its more like 120 cals...Its already in the MFP database...just type in 321 cake and it will show the different flavors.

This. It's not 50 calories. That's urban legend. Depending on the flavor of cake you choose other than the angel food, the count is between 100-120 calories per mug of 3-2-1 cake. Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer.
  • oliviamariex
    Options
    This sounds soo good! Thanks for sharing, I hadn't come across this recipe yet before reading this! :)
  • Buzymomof_3
    Buzymomof_3 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    hmmm may have to try that. Making only a bit is easier for me than eating only a portion of what is made.

Thanks!
  • queenbear5
    queenbear5 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Mmm... cake! Thanks for sharing this recipe!
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    will be trying this later! Thanks for sharing!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    does this work? like legit... cause it is my birthday saturday..... :P

For the love of god, Erika, don't have mug cake on your birthday. Splurge on your special day! :tongue:

Also, does anyone know how many tablespoons make up the two boxes of dry cake? For OCD calorie counting reasons, of course. :smile:
    okay..its called 321 cake..it is awesome!!! However its more like 120 cals...Its already in the MFP database...just type in 321 cake and it will show the different flavors.

This. It's not 50 calories. That's urban legend. Depending on the flavor of cake you choose other than the angel food, the count is between 100-120 calories per mug of 3-2-1 cake. Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer.

Watch out or you'll get a PM from the OP just like I did just for asking what cake mixes she used. pfft! sorry I asked.
  • caperam
    caperam Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I finally remembered to pick up a box of angel food cake and a box of carrot cake and made me a little mug cake. It turned out to be the size of a small cupcake. I haven't tried too hard to figure the exact calories, maybe it's not a low as OP is saying, but it can't be that much. It's tasty and satisfying and I don't have the rest of the cake setting there calling my name. So I say it's a win.
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read later :'D Mmmmm. two awesome things I like, low cal and cake.
  • jazzii98
    jazzii98 Posts: 33
    Options
    Asdfghjkl I will make this:3
  • kcworkingdiver
    Options
    I make this for my husband who lost 70 lbs . . . he loves dessert - you take a cake mix, add 10 ounces of diet soda or diet tonic, three egg whites - mix together well and bake at 350 in a rectangle pan for 20 - 25 minutes. Serve with ff cool whip.
  • Menene
    Menene Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I going to try this. Sounds yummy.
  • Iwanttobe180lb
    Options
    is angel food cake an american thing???
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    bump
  • canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have made this several times and I completely agree it's delicious !!! I've tried yellow cake mix, white mix, chocolate and even carrot cake mix....all very yummy...i like to put fresh fruit on mine and if im feeling wacky and i have extra calories, i will put a light drizzle of chocolate sauce !!!!!!
  • canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    we have it here in Canada ;)