What's your phobia - mine is coat hangers

Options

Replies

• TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    my phobias: anything besides my man that brushes against my body in a lake, spiders, roaches and parasites.

things I hate: biting into a wooden popsicle stick, hairs in anything, leeches and that awful feeling when you know you're going to 'land' wrong during a fall.
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Bridges ! :( ****e i got shivers going up my spine ahhh i need to cross 2 daily

Right there with you...I HATE driving over bridges. I don't mean like the little over pass that goes over the Truckee River here in town. I'm talking stuff like the Bay Bridge in SF...the I-95 Bridge in Philly...the bay bridge going to Annapolis...I have to be as close to the middle of the bridge as possible so I can't see over the sides & I white knuckle the steering wheel or the oh *kitten* bar (if I'm not driving) for the entire span.

I'm right there with you guys. Include bridges that move for the ships... They just creep me out just sit there and think what is actually stopping it from opening while I'm in the middle of it.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Birds.
  • Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am deeply reassured by all these phobias.

For many years I have been the laughing stock of my family because of my phobias. I have your general phobia's spiders, heights, flyings etc. I can handles those most of the time. Don't like them but I perservere and can overcome if I need to.

But two phobia's ( after this many years I am wondering if they are sensory issues???) I can't get over the feeling of cotton balls ( or wet wool sweaters BLECH) and the sound of any styrofoam squeeking or rubbing will literally make my gag reflex start working overtime. I have a iron stomach but those to things will reduce me too a gagging ball on the floor. It's pathetic.

So anytime I order anything/ buy anything that is packaged I have to find someone else to unpack it for me and I have to leave the room or maybe apartment depending how much there is or else I will puke everytime I get something new. :( It' spretty embarassing.

I am just glad to know I am not the only one. And happy that restaruants are starting to buy biodegrable take out packages...sigh.
  • Bookchick887
    Bookchick887 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You know how there are monsters under your bed? I had fish under my bed i still can't hang my feet over the bed or the fish will get me
    Fish and undersea stuff. Underwater scenes etc. Forget watching Nemo.

Opening pop n fresh dough cans. I won't buy them.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    tumblr_me2wfqoAAi1rrkgt3o1_500.jpg

Do I even dare ask what this is?

This is a lotus flower seed pod photo shopped into a wound. Its been doing the rounds for donkeys years for us internerds!

Yep! I knew the wound underneath was real, but the rest was bogus :tongue:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Stairs. I can barely get down two of them, which makes leaving my house hard.
    I'm so glad I'm not alone. Haha. People are always looking at me when I hesitate before going down stairs or when I cling for dear life to the rails. Sucks because my campus is all stairs and for exercise's sake I don't use lifts.

Also, stairs with open risers? Nope. Nope nope nope nope. I can get through daily life on normal stairs, but these?

stairtread022-650.jpg

Give me panic attacks and bring me (literally) to my knees at times.

Try open stairs combined with heights just to go down a water slide with your daughter.
    Talk about mind over matter...
    Don't look down!!:noway:

happened to me this past summer at the water park, had to keep thinking, for my son, for my son, for my son lol, longest stair climb ever...and ridiculously steep

Right?!?
    One time I got all the way to the top, put my little raft thing in the water and before I could get my butt on it, the darn thing went down the slide without me.:mad:
    I had to walk all the way back down, get another raft and climb all the way back to the top.
    For my daughter.
    She better know how much I love her- lol!!:love:
  • dzuli823
    dzuli823 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Rubber bands! None were allowed in my classrooms, and none are in my home. I see them and for whatever reason, I think someone's going to lose an eye.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Heights and speed (reeeaally fast speed)
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Heights and blood.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I am scared of deep water, but will not hesitate to go cliff diving (have done it several times). I've yet to conquer the fear, but I do face it.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Dams and the "lead" (even though I know it is grafite) in pencils. I watched my friend stab through her hear with a sharp pencil on accident and heard the crunch. She stilll has a blue mark there. It reminds me of the sound it made. Eeeeek! I am scared of dams because I think the turbines will somehow suck me under from anywhere near it, like even on land. I just force myself past it but it really freaks me out.
  • lumpsypod
    Options
    OMG, biting into popsicles and starting to peel a orange.
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    MOTHS.

The fluffy *kitten* are out ta get me.

haha same here!
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    You know how there are monsters under your bed? I had fish under my bed i still can't hang my feet over the bed or the fish will get me
    Fish and undersea stuff. Underwater scenes etc. Forget watching Nemo.

Opening pop n fresh dough cans. I won't buy them.

I used to think there were lobsters!
  • heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Options
    Lost in the woods
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    The bathroom fan...... I can not stand it to be on if I am in there. My ex would turn it on when I was in the shower because I was "ruining the bathroom"... there's a reason he's my ex.

and a wash cloth on my face (over my nose and mouth). I was around them, carefully......
  • OBXbound4me
    OBXbound4me Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Clowns - Have you seen the movie IT, or clowns in eating establishments working while you try to eat? Nuff said.

Heights, due to the possibility of a fall and sudden stop.

Flying, see #2 and the world trade center attacks.

Crowds or close tight spaces.

Blue ducks...
  • LindsayLL30
    LindsayLL30 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    spiders, any shape or size!
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Bridges and snakes. And big, hairy spiders.