AM I CRAZY?!? Starting "Total Cleanse" Today! (CDN)

Options

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    LOL funny... some thinks they are doctors here... LOL

What did your doctor prescribe you for your dirty insides, and what was the diagnostic title for this dirtiness?
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Do some research on Steve Jobs and read about the effects this sort of nonsense had on his body
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Of course you're actually hungry; your body needs food! I'm sure your mind is already made up but I would ask you to please not do this to yourself. Please just move more and don't think of food as the enemy. Please just eat at a reasonable calorie deficit, and incorporate strength training into your exercise routine. Please...seriously...I've seen so many people doing this stuff that isn't kind to their bodies nor is it sustainable...I'm just reduced to begging now. Please.

Your body doesn't need FOOD, it needs macro and micro nutrients and it needs energy from calories...

ANYway, I'm on day two of my very own liquid diet (of maintenance calories, as I've been in weight maintenance for three years after losing 50lbs!) I'm doing it to give my digestive system a break as I ate a ton of crappy food last week and I was feelings very unwell from all the rich food choices...

For three days I'm having a large fruit smoothie for breakfast, a large protein shake for lunch and a large portion of vegetable soup for dinner, with probiotic yogurts, green teas, coffees & other shakes as snacks...(such as a spirulina shake with banana, peanut butter, manuka honey and vanilla yogurt)...I'm finding it very easy, just because I was so sick of eating and eating and eating last week, I was craving that empty feeling!

Not hungry in the slightest as I'm making sure to hit all my macro requirements as well as my calorie requirements. If low on fat, I add a little flaxseed oil or olive oil to my soup...low on protein, add an extra scoop of protein powder etc...I'm also taking lots of supplements like cod liver oil, multivitamins and fiber supplements.

I needed to do this to kickstart my healthy habits again!

Only do a cleanse if you intend on eating a healthy diet when you are finished, otherwise you'll end up right back where you started and you'll have wasted your time.

Yeah. Okay. I just can't anymore. Good luck on your journey.

deskflip_zps24f0588f.gif
    You're wonderful. That is all.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't need FOOD, it needs macro and micro nutrients and it needs energy from calories...

that's what food is.

that's as far as I got with your post....

Just because something is a liquid does not mean it's not food. Pure water is not food. Milk is a food. Liquid meal replacements are food.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

I actually AM a doctor and these "cleanses" are rubbish.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Oh, this is an unfortunate situation. You've already committed to this program. If you'd have sought impartial and unbiased feedback first you may have saved some money.

If you can cancel, please do so. This will not clean you nor help you lose weight.

I am not trying to be unsupportive but a simple caloric deficit over time will enable you to painlessly reach your goals (it's true!)

There isn't a single success story out of the thousands here https://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/15-success-stories that is based on juices, cleanses, etc.

I'm genuinely sorry.

^^^^^ this. (and he phrased it politely too)

to cleanse your body, drink water (your liver and kidneys will keep your blood clean), and eat plenty of fibre (your intestines naturally clean themselves out if you drink water and eat fibre).

to lose weight, eat less than you burn off. to learn how much less than you burn off is for you, see the "in place of a road map" thread.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Did you know that there is system cleanser that your doc can prescribe (with a good reason to want it) and you can eat while doing it!? Plus, you are sure it's safer!
    DrSpaceman.jpg
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    The human body is self cleansing. From your liver to your kidneys to your digestive system to your vagina...fuel it properly and it will cleanse itself.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Are you crazy? yes.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

PWNED.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    1.Talk to your doc im not scientist

2.to the supposedly doc: that like the Vet world, you cant be all in favor of something
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    If you want a good "Cleanse" check out the Beachbody Ultimate Reset. I know many people that have done this and I plan on doing this in a few months. It gives you everything that you need to eat clean. You actually eat food, not just shakes.

Are you a beachbody coach?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

kobedunking_zpsf3680498.jpg
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    The human body is self cleansing. From your liver to your kidneys to your digestive system to your vagina...fuel it properly and it will cleanse itself.

lol, translation: stop the douches.
    I am trying, I swear.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    How long is the cleanse? It sounds like it's just a day? A day or two isn't going to hurt you, but you'll be hungry and not feel very well. Any longer than that isn't really good for you. Like many have said, cleanses are rubbish. Eat less, eat healthier, and you'll lose weight. Bodies detox themselves. It's called going to the bathroom.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Stop the cleanse. They are not worth the risk and the headache.

I live in the same area as you described and have never heard of this thing.... even if I did hear of it, consuming juice all day everyday for however long is not a good idea.

You don't need to cleanse your body (well, you do have to shower regularly if you want people to be around you). The inside of your body cleanses itself. Companies make money trying to tell us we need to cleanse all these toxins and crap out of our bodies when our organs do it themselves.

Eat fresh, clean, unprocessed foods, drink lots of water and you will be fine. A diet full of fruits, veggies, lean proteins will do much more than drinking a concoction of juice will do.
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    If you want a good "Cleanse" check out the Beachbody Ultimate Reset. I know many people that have done this and I plan on doing this in a few months. It gives you everything that you need to eat clean. You actually eat food, not just shakes.

Are you a beachbody coach?

oh, but if course they are!

that qualifies them to give sound advice on many topics...

...that are beach body related.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

Just a reminder. Dr. Oz is a real doctor and he'll sell you all the raspberry ketones you want.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

lol, translation: stop the douches.
    I am trying, I swear.

I try to stay away from douches but they always manage to find me and try to hold conversations.