What's your phobia - mine is coat hangers

Options

Replies

• obeserat
    obeserat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Driving really makes me nervous. I had a friend that had a phobia of stickers and another that hada fruit phobia
  • ciardasully
    ciardasully Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The Ooompa Loompas freak me out on Willy Wonka. My husband thinks it's hilarious.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Besides Spiders..

I can't stand the sound of people chewing next to me. It literally makes me cringe..
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Turtlenecks....or anything that fits around my neck tightly. Some t-shirts I can't wear because of it. If it's even a little tight I start freaking out thinking I could be strangled to death.

And I hate the sound of a CD skipping. It makes me cringe!
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Bridges ! :( ****e i got shivers going up my spine ahhh i need to cross 2 daily

Right there with you...I HATE driving over bridges. I don't mean like the little over pass that goes over the Truckee River here in town. I'm talking stuff like the Bay Bridge in SF...the I-95 Bridge in Philly...the bay bridge going to Annapolis...I have to be as close to the middle of the bridge as possible so I can't see over the sides & I white knuckle the steering wheel or the oh *kitten* bar (if I'm not driving) for the entire span.

I HATE ALL BRIGES! Even when I have to drive over an overpass on the freeway I get nervous, and if traffic is backed up and I get stuck on top of an overpass or bridge, even if it's only 100 feet across...I FREAK OUT! I serously dislike bridges!

I think you would all hate this one, just a few hours south pf me (and on my route to the south of France resorts): http://www.leviaducdemillau.com/en_index.php#/accueil/
  • vmdave
    vmdave Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Crowds, I grew up in NYC , and now work in Philly. It is hard but so long as I kind find a way out I am usually ok. I get in my zone an make a be line to where ever I have to go.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Turtle necks, and driving with a coat on.
    EFF that, I feel like I'm suffocating in a straight jacket either way.
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Besides Spiders..

I can't stand the sound of people chewing next to me. It literally makes me cringe..

me too! I hate it most when I am at the gym and people are chewing gum near me so loudly that I can even hear it when my music is on...so gross!!
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I only freak out on 1 bridge - Oakland Bay Bridge and Golden Gate bridge do not bother my but i cannot stand the San Mateo bridge (south of the Bay Bridge). It has low sides and the east side sits really close to the water. I'm always afraid someone will hit my car and it will go over the edge and I will be trapped in my car. I always roll my window down on that bridge!!!

Don't know if it helps but the water is quite shallow all along the east end of the San Mateo Bridge - essentially all except the highrise portion over the channel. At low tide, it's just 1-2 feet deep along most of the bridge- either side.
  • vmdave
    vmdave Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Turtlenecks....or anything that fits around my neck tightly. Some t-shirts I can't wear because of it. If it's even a little tight I start freaking out thinking I could be strangled to death.

And I hate the sound of a CD skipping. It makes me cringe!

Oh I have that one too. Not turtle necks but like a tight dress shirt collar or even the correct size I am supposed to wear and I freak out. I have to go a size bigger.
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Turtle necks, and driving with a coat on.
    EFF that, I feel like I'm suffocating in a straight jacket either way.

Im with you!! I absolutely hate wearing a jacket!! and I am always getting yelled at because i refuse..Id rather just wear a zip up hoodie and call it a day..oh and its always a light weight one cause I cant stand anything too heavy!! Thats why I love the spring and the fall..no need for a coat!!
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Surinam toads. I didn't even want to type those two words together.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Jellyfish. I get shivers and start to get nauseous when I even see a picture of one.

However, my phobia actually came from something... when I was 11 I was snorkeling and swam into a school of jellyfish. Yeah. A freaking school of them.

You can imagine how that went.
  • Macgeek74
    Macgeek74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Mine is marriage. Scares the crap out of me so i never married. Btw, nothing related to me, just I guess I tried to shake a *kitten* tree too many times wishing an angel would fall out.

*kitten* can be angels! ... for the right price....$$$

Isnt that the truth. lol
  • Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

Woah .. never seen one of thoes before .. I absolutely love frogs and toads ... but this one did make me feel a bit sick! creepy
  • gurlygirlrcr80
    gurlygirlrcr80 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Bridges ! :( ****e i got shivers going up my spine ahhh i need to cross 2 daily

Right there with you...I HATE driving over bridges. I don't mean like the little over pass that goes over the Truckee River here in town. I'm talking stuff like the Bay Bridge in SF...the I-95 Bridge in Philly...the bay bridge going to Annapolis...I have to be as close to the middle of the bridge as possible so I can't see over the sides & I white knuckle the steering wheel or the oh *kitten* bar (if I'm not driving) for the entire span.

I HATE ALL BRIGES! Even when I have to drive over an overpass on the freeway I get nervous, and if traffic is backed up and I get stuck on top of an overpass or bridge, even if it's only 100 feet across...I FREAK OUT! I serously dislike bridges!

Bridges SUCK!!!! omg! I hate driving across a bridge and then people start hitting the brakes..don't even get me started...i start getting anxiety when i think about it....I had a nightmare that my truck lost control on a snowy bridge and i flipped over the side and was upside down in the water and I died!!!! i even know what bridge it was in my dream so i won't go over bridges in the snow. But just bridges over water...i'll go over an overpass over a highway with no problem.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Also -

Rat kings.

Don't google it. Just trust me. Scariest thing EVER. And disgusting.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options

Woah .. never seen one of thoes before .. I absolutely love frogs and toads ... but this one did make me feel a bit sick! creepy

Google is definitely not your friend sometimes, right?
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Some really strange phobias in this thread! Makes me feel better about my life. Haha.

I dont really have anything too crazy. The only thing that comes to mind is that I seem to have the fear of other people falling. I can hike up mountains and tiny narrow footpaths with ease, but watching others go in front or behind me freaks me the hell out. Watching a friend sit on a balcony rail is about the worst I can imagine. I usually have to go to another room.

You watched Cliffhanger didn't you?
  • Macgeek74
    Macgeek74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options

Whats strange is in her username, she has frog in it. Toads are uglier than frogs I guess.