What do you put on your baked potato?

Options

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Sometimes just a little butter....sometimes whatever is in the fridge! Chili is great or leftovers taco meat ans a little cheese.
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    For a main course, put one serving of taco seasoned beef on it. Add a salad; you have a meal.
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    There's nothing unhealthy about any of the ingredients you listed
    I used to put like 1/4c sour cream and like 5 or 6 pieces of bacon and 2 pieces of ham...and I only have a calorie limit of 1350 but I try to stay around 1200.And I plan on having a nice dinner tonight with my fiance, so I really need to be careful with what I'm eating today.

So just put less toppings. 2 tbsp of sour cream = 60 calories, a few bacon bits is next to nothing. A small to medium potato is 200 cals or less.

^^^ This
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Life is short. Load that potato!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    - Butter, sour cream, salt, and pepper
    - Broccoli and cheese

Sometimes I add bacon or green onion if I am being fancy.

I eat them when I want them. I just watch my portions of toppings and it fits within my calories just fine.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of baked potatos(the sweet potato kind!) greek yogurt...laughing cow cheese...also pb2 is yummy on my sweet potato!
  • makenoexcuses
    makenoexcuses Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Low fat ranch, cheese, with a dash of salt and pepper.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Depends on the potato.

White potatoes? Hate them alone, and will eat them either as wedges covered in bacon in cheese or alongside a bacon omelette as a hash brown, fried in the bacon grease.

Kumara (purple sweet potato) I always make into wedges, because it taste freaking awesome. So I have that with sour cream or 99% Yoghurt (similar consistency) and salsa or pizza paste.

Orange sweet potatoes... Nothing beats a pad or two of butter on them with cinnamon.
  • linda1195
    Options
    Sometimes I put a Laughing Cow cheese wedge on mine-35 extra calories is all!
  • PaulineKK
    Options
    Rub your potato with olive oil and then grind some sea salt over the skin. Bake it in the oven. When it comes out, it is very buttery tasting. If you want to dress it, try some plain greek yogurt, some chives or experiment with some other herbs and spices.
  • lindseym18
    Options
    Sour cream, cheese, and bacon bits. Ooh some chives too! Love those!
  • barbaraellengarcia
    Options
    I like to put chili on top.
  • filthyfit12
    Options
    I use greek yogurt in place of sour cream.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    butter and sour cream of course

i do the little red potatoes tho- not a big honkin brown one
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I try to mix it up.

Sometimes I just put a little butter, salt, and pepper. Other times I put some greek yogurt and a little cheese. May favorite is putting on LOTS of steamed veggies (carrots, cucumber, squash, etc) and some cheese. YUMMO!
  • jenevans29
    jenevans29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I mix a Laughing Cow Light Garlic and Herb cheese wedge! Creamy and tangy, replaces butter/sour cream nicely and only 35 calories and 1.5 grams of fat per wedge!
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys. Now I'm craving!!
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Usually on eat half of the big russet potato (boyfriend gets other half)...

Fage plain fat-free yogurt
    Salsa
    Black pepper

If I'm eating the potato as a main part of my meal, I like to put some diced chicken, steamed veggies and cheese, or a cup of chili poured over it with a little plain yogurt and cheese.
  • EWhitaker526
    EWhitaker526 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I use I Can't Believe it's Not Butter spray (0 calories) and dip my potatoes in A1 steak sauce!
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Fat free sour cream and salsa