THE MOST DISGUSTING DIET FOOD THUS FAR..WHAT'S YOURS???

Options

Replies

• CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    It is VERY similiar to sour cream tasting, but you have to add the right ingredients to make it tasty :)
    People will probably think I'm crazy, but, Greek yogurt. To me it tastes like sour cream. All the other yogurts I like. Just this one for some reason. Maybe it's the brand.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    celery tastes like a**
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Ive been really wanting to try the cauliflower pizza crust! Don't ruin it for me! Hahah.
  • janerfitnesspal145
    Options
    More of a health food than a diet food, but Bakd Bars. Apparently if you heat the cinnamon bun flavour in the microwave, it'll taste just like the real thing! Funny, as I don't remember cinnamon buns tasting like @ss.

And Mio water flavours have a gross chemical aftertaste.

Read this to my husband 'cause the "tasting like @ss made me laugh. FYI - he said the only Mio that didn't leave an aftertaste is the Fruit Punch.
  • Jennaissance
    Options
    I'd always rather eat less regular food than more diet food but I got lured into trying those Laughing Cow Mini Babybel light cheese rounds by how few calories they had when I'd see them in friends' diaries.

It's like eating a lightly-cheese-flavored combination of petroluem jelly mixed with rubber!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!

The worst part was that I bought the Costco-sized package and had to eat for at least a month (I cannot throw away food).
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Anything labeled as diet food...

Yep ^^ I like everything I eat. lol. Real food :)
  • XXbrendaXX
    Options
    Kale chips. Heard everyone raving about them so thought I would make them. Awful! Worse than the taste even was the smell...my house stunk for three days! Omg...I can smell it now... :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • angelaanhela
    angelaanhela Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing is disgusting!!! However the Sesame Ginger Salad Dressing is actually pretty good.
  • Jennaissance
    Options
    I'd always rather eat less regular food than more diet food but I got lured into trying those Laughing Cow Mini Babybel light cheese rounds by how few calories they had when I'd see them in friends' diaries.

It's like eating a lightly-cheese-flavored combination of petroluem jelly mixed with rubber!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!

The worst part was that I bought the Costco-sized package and had to eat for at least a month (I cannot throw away food).

Even my DOG would not eat them!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Shi-take noodles, better'n peanut butter and...

the worst..... fat free or low fat mayo - OMG vomit in a jar!!
  • honeyandmilk
    honeyandmilk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Chocolate pudding made out of avocados ........................disgusting!!!:huh:

WTF

I think it's really good, actually. I make it with avocado, full fat coconut milk, cocoa powder and melted semi-sweet chocolate. You just put everything into a food processor until smooth and then chill. ****ing brilliant.
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Chick peas humus gross
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    i don't buy a lot of the frankenfood so to speak, but i thought the atkins protein bar and nugo protein bars were some of the worst things i've had. Also, Dannon light & fit greek yogurt--literally dripping with the taste of artificial sweetener. Most of the time I can handle it, but nope, not with that. Also, cottage cheese 'cheesecake'..
  • sechadyl
    sechadyl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash, shiitake noodles, cauliflower pizza crust, and any kind of cake in a mug

All of these except the noodles, taste pretty good when you're low carbing. Spaghetti squash "hashbrowns" are really good.
  • yesmikan
    yesmikan Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Yes. Shirataki noodles. But then they seem to eat just about anything in Japan. There is this one octopus dish that they eat raw. When they pour some kind of flavored vinegar on it---it kind of dances at you--I thought it was alive. Forget what it is called. It's very low in calories though. :laugh:
    It's a squid on top of rice (called ikadon). You pour soy sauce on it. The viral YouTube video was filmed in the city near where I live (Hakodate) ; there's an entire building that serves that kind of food (stuff on top of rice) but it's not all gross like the squid. The dancing squid dish is just a novelty for tourists. I've been to a shop where they serve it, but.......... *turns green* not for me, thanks.

Also, shirataki noodles taste great in sukiyaki, which I believe is what they were originally intended for anyway. The trick is to let them soak up the soy, sake, and sugar.
  • eb12112
    Options
    I don't think I've laughed this hard in years,..............still have tears rolling down......hysterical:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

me too.......:laugh:
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I don't eat diet food.. I eat regular food

But I can't stand cottage cheese.. *blech!*
    Not a fan of PB2 really either..
    Many of the protein or meal supplement bars/shakes are nasty too. I only like 1 flavor of cliff bars and I don't eat them often. lol

and I don't like food with fake sugar in it or loads of chemicals generally speaking
  • JessicaP327
    JessicaP327 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    UGHHH I am a carbaholic... any bread that tastes like cardboard is the absolute enemy!

Oh yeah, and I really can't stand those protein bars. Some of them are completely awful.

As for foods specific to "diet" brands, I don't eat them so I really don't know about that...
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Those Vita tops are supposed to be Vitalicious but they taste like stale fungus with chocolate chips......BLECH
  • aolivez
    Options
    And this is why I never eat diet food! I don't see why anyone would eat that crap, when with a modicum of thought and planning you can fit delicious 'normal' meals into a moderate calorie diet.

Absolutely! Every time I cook from fresh ingredients at home, and each resonable portiosn (including my ultra-lux salads with nuts, dried fruits and cheese!) I inevitably come up with something slightly under 300 cals, which suits me fine, because I load up on snacks in between.