Strange weight loss comments...

Options

Replies

• andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    When I was my heaviest I saw some bloke that I used to know when I was a teenager and he said to me "what happened to you didn't you use to be Andrew Brown" that sentence is in my head everyday and is fuel for my fire.
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    "have your boobs got bigger?"

"no, rest of me is smaller"
  • calisunrise
    Options
    "your hips got bigger"
    "you are disgustingly skinny"
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I get tired of people asking if I have been ill.
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I had a weird one not so long ago. My friend told me I don't look diabetic any more. I didn't realise that I even looked diabetic (and what does that even mean?), but I'd lost like 10 inches from the waist.
  • mushyman_uk
    mushyman_uk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had a good few a couple of weeks ago when I met up with a group of old friends, but my absolute favourite was:

"It looks like someone's Photoshopped your head onto someone else's body" :laugh:
  • mjoslin1990
    mjoslin1990 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    ugh from my mom.... Every time I tell see her she says "oh you've lost more weight" and when I reply with a brief explanation of how I'm counting calories she ALWAYS says the same thing. "I already told you hunny you are losing that weight bc its almost been 5 years since you had Emery (my son). All moms lose the weight but it takes 5 years."

She has that crazy idea that no matter what I do i will not lose weight bc of it, but bc Its been 5yrs. (which currently he just turned 2)
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I returned to an office i hadn't worked at in a year. I was there for several days working with a colleague from my past visits there. He never mentioned anything until one moment we were in a very crowded elevator and he said, quite loudly, "Have you lost a bunch of weight or something?" I quietly said yes i had been working at it and he said. "Ah ok. I THOUGHT something was wrong!"

Personally, i didn't thing ANYTHING was wrong!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    "Wow! You look great! Are you feeling ok?" Is the weirdest comment people say to me.
  • beautyimthebeast
    Options
    Who are you ? May i help you ? Haha
  • juditanne
    juditanne Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    "you are not as round" says a friend from New York i have not seen in over a year. lol
  • cnphel0
    cnphel0 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I decided that if I ever get asked how I lost weight, I was going to say it was because "masturbating burns a lot of calories." Just because I've had people ask me that before and they got upset when I said eating better and exercising.
    [/quote]

I laughed so hard at this one I nearly fell out of my chair. I'm going to have to use this one the next time.
  • RavenBeauty87
    RavenBeauty87 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wow you have way to many responses so what's another one? haha..... First people were saying good job and all that crap and then when I really really started looking good and losing the weight (bought new clothes which makes a huge difference 'duh') They were like OMG what do you eat? First they asked for advice then they watched everything I did or ate. Now I get "You're too skinny and you need to start eating? Are you not eating at all?" I'm not too skinny! I stopped telling people I'm still trying to lose 10lbs because they give me hell about it. There are rumors that I'm on drugs or I'm anorexic. The one that hurts my feelings in a weird way is other skinny girls will make comments in front of a really big girl "OMG you are so skinny and look great. Hey doesn't she look great!" and the bigger girl just smiles and says ya but I can see that sad look in their eyes (Like I use to get when I was big) so it is tough and I get treated differently now. When I was big I was ignored, as I lost the weight people were more friendly, but when I got to my size now people think I'm snobby and they ignore me again. I'm doing this for my health and my daughter so I can play with her and live longer so frankly I don't give a damn what they say I'm going to do what I need to do. Still sucks though :(
  • unicornlady77
    Options
    Who are you ? May i help you ? Haha

:laugh:
  • Maximumresults
    Options
    I've gotten so many..I'd rather people not recognize me in order that I don't have to listen to stupid or insensitive comments....my favorite one is "you are wasting away" "don't lose anymore" ...

our culture has gotten so used to seeing obese people that when someone in good shape comes along, they consider them sick or unhealthy...chew on that mindset for a minute lol
  • lindenanne
    Options
    That mean comment was from pure JEALOUSY!!!!
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I've gotten so many..I'd rather people not recognize me in order that I don't have to listen to stupid or insensitive comments....my favorite one is "you are wasting away" "don't lose anymore" ...

our culture has gotten so used to seeing obese people that when someone in good shape comes along, they consider them sick or unhealthy...chew on that mindset for a minute lol

Totally agree with you. And I cant see how anyone would think you're wasting away. You look awesome!
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    People tell me sometimes that I need to stop losing weight or to be careful. One b**** had the nerve to say "Oh, well, you'll lose weight now but then your body will eat itself because you're starving."

Yes, my body is starving at 1600 calories. The girl who said it is obese, so it may have just been jealousy. Unless the comment is positive, I ignore it.
  • I had a patient describe her previous nurse practitioner to me and insist she had never seen me before (it had been over a year and 130 pounds to be fair) until I showed her my driver's license! It was really nice to get the opportunity to share with her in a non-judgmental way because she was about 350 pounds or my starting weight. I know what it feels like to be a recipient of well-intended advice so I love those opportunities =D
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    My college friend said, "You have so much air around you now!"
    Just a hunch, but I'm guessing your friend has a glass-is-half-empty kind of personality. Can only see the negative space.

I would be laughing so hard at this one. Love it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!