Girls who lift aren't sexy!

Options

Replies

• michaelalouise3915
    michaelalouise3915 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Women look best when smothered in parabola. We all have individual tastes, but I really don't understand how you can think that someone who is ridiculously fit isn't hot? Even if you eliminate the physical aspect (but really, why would we?), it tells you something awesome about their personality...namely that they are driven, hard-working, and goal-oriented. It's not possible to get to that point without being so.

Because everybody has different types, and some people do not find muscle attractive.(I'm not one of them, but it's great everyone has different tastes!)
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    She really is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0KD--JcBEY

I officially have a new girl crush!

That's a great video. She is fantastic. And CUTE!

I :heart: Christmas Abbott!!! She is my inspiration for wanting to get into CrossFit. I love what her gun tattoo stands for (commemorate what she saw while in Iraq)!! She is my FIRST girl crush!!! When I look at her I don't just see her physical attributes. I see determination and an unwillingness to quit. That's what makes her hot IMO!!!!!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    8497929474_4d842e6cab.jpg

Here she is trying (and succedding!) to look hot.

Is this look 'soft' enough for the nay-sayers?

I am just getting caught up, and this pic? OMG! Girl Crush! WOW!!!!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    So how come OP can say that girls that lift are sexy (which basically says girls that don't are not sexy) yet no one else can have an opinion and say its not sexy :huh:
    TBH I dont find her sexy but one: I am a female and two: everyone findes different things sexy.
    However I do think it is impressive...

See, this is an awesome way to compliment while expressing your likes (or lack of)

You might have missed this post of mine.

Or my previous posts where I have said that for men, we like all kinds of bodies, shapes and sizes.

Or my post where I said that its not the disagreement but rather how female body shaming started in the replies

I honestly don't think you were saying anything negative about women who don't lift, I was just trying to point out your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's that doesn't find it attractive.

With that being said I wouldn't feel comfortable giving my opinion either way because I already have one and don't need anyone to rip me a new one :laugh:

My apologies, I thought you were.

And I don't know about others but I will always defend anyone to have their opinion. Just have the decency to acknowledge other peoples opinions/preference too. Nobody should be ripped a new one for their opinions :D
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    omg tats and muscles - I'm in love
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I'd be afraid to see what's under the hood
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    HOOOOOT!!!
  • nekosimba
    nekosimba Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    ok there is only so far a girl can go with lifting before she starts to look like she has a mans body......... girls that lift are sexy just not when they get too much muscle and no fat to cover it, i like a bit of fat i dont mind being skinny fat just not fat like i am now and so i look toned but not too toned, i dont disagree with women wanting muscle but my opinion is i dot think it looks good. women are meant to have boobs not a man like chest like you see in pics posted.. sorry if i have offended anyone but this again is my opinion x

WOW, usually the body shaming waits until the second page. Way to be a ground breaker. Oh, and being it's only your opinion. you should have kept it to yourself.

Actually I agree with her. I personally don't find that attractive or appealing at all. I'm a girl that loves my curves and I don't want to lose those. I find that girls who lift heavy don't have those soft curves.

But, I can and do appreciate all the hard work that goes into having a body like that. It's just not for me.

Did you not see the photo I posted on page 3?!

Sorry, I didn't.

Like I said before, I appreciate girls who lift heavy...that's just not for me. I'm a dancer and would rather shake my fat *kitten* around than lift. LOL

So what you are saying is "I don't want to lift" not "I don't want the body that lifting will give me"

I apologize for being ignorant.

I've read more of these posts and have realized I have discriminated against a body type...just as I have been my whole life for being overweight.

I may not want to look like her specifically, but I do want to be healthy. I'm in a relationship where my fiance loves me for who I am...even my fat rolls.

You all have my respect for busting your *kitten* to become who you want to be and look like.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    She's Ahmazeballs!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    This...

VojQW3B.jpg

... reminds me of those Beyonce photos from the Superbowl (which I thought looked awesome).

When people are doing something strenuous, they're going to have muscles and veins and tendons bulging and popping that don't normally show to that degree. They're not going to be making "pretty" faces. And that goes for any kind of strenuous activity. Do people not realize that???

I double dog dare anyone, no matter how soft and curvy, to do what she's doing and look delicate and dainty.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    I'd be afraid to see what's under the hood

She'd probably be afraid to see you full stop :wink:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    So how come OP can say that girls that lift are sexy (which basically says girls that don't are not sexy) yet no one else can have an opinion and say its not sexy :huh:

I may be out of line speaking for Taunto, but I *seriously* doubt that's what he was saying.

Obviously I don't think he was, and on the same token I "seriously" don't think that people who say the don't like it are saying that there is something wrong for her for looking that way.

Taunto didn't say anything at all about girls that don't lift, he was just celebrating a girl who does, so I don't think your comparison makes sense.

At any rate, there were people who respectfully stated their opinion that this look isn't for them, and that's fine. That's not what people are reacting to. I'm not trying to achieve this look either, but there's no need to be insulting.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Good god she's hot!!! I don't think she looks like a man at ALL! but hell Yeah I'd do her...

fine....

:love:

and yeah, I lift...and I sure as **** wouldn't mind looking like that....
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Obviously I don't think he was, and on the same token I "seriously" don't think that people who say the don't like it are saying that there is something wrong for her for looking that way.

I 100% disagree with that statement, all you have to do is read a few of these threads to know that there are people who bash this body type at every chance they get.

Me-- I look at this a freaking goal picture. Do women have a great percentage of body fat then men- sure. Do women generally have a smaller muscular build- yep. But good golly people- the female human body was built with muscles, there is no reason why this shouldn't be acceptable. Our bodies were not designed to be stuck in a chair all day, or even perform just normal daily tasks. The human body is such that it is capable of movement, agile, complex movement that requires muscles. And as someone mentioned above- lifting heavy provides a good base!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

I may be out of line speaking for Taunto, but I *seriously* doubt that's what he was saying.

Taunto didn't say anything at all about girls that don't lift, he was just celebrating a girl who does, so I don't think your comparison makes sense.

At any rate, there were people who respectfully stated their opinion that this look isn't for them, and that's fine. That's not what people are reacting to. I'm not trying to achieve this look either, but there's no need to be insulting.

How does the comparison not make sense? It's the same thing. He said its sexy. Some said its not. Yes I agree people being ugly about her great fitness level is wrong. But each and every one's opinion is valid, which was my point. And at any rate me and Taunto are cool, he knows I wasn't bashing him :drinker:
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I don't like her thigh tat, but dayum! That's a strong and pretty lady!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

My apologies, I thought you were.

And I don't know about others but I will always defend anyone to have their opinion. Just have the decency to acknowledge other peoples opinions/preference too. Nobody should be ripped a new one for their opinions :D
    [/quote]

No prob. And I totally agree with you.

and p.s I think she's hot too. :love:
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Hot damn! Muscles, guns, and tattoos...she is my official girl crush for the day.