• GBOGH_5
    GBOGH_5 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Damn. I think I just became a lesbian.
  • Butterflyblue_
    Butterflyblue_ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    8435293834_da2233f618.jpg

I showed this photo to my husband saying it was the body I am aiming for, he looked at me with a shocked face and said "you're going to tan?"

:wink:

Does anyone know who this is? (I may have just swooned a little)

Seriously!!! I hope I can get to this point
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I lift weights. I don't aspire to be as lean as ripped as Christmas Abbot. And I won't be, no matter how much I lift, because that doesn't happen accidentally or overnight.

I just don't get why anyone has to say "yuck" or that it's "manly" or "not what men want." That's not just a matter of opinion, it's rude. It's as rude and pointless as people who see me walking my Pekingese and say, "Get a REAL dog." He's just as much a dog as a German Shepherd. And a lean, muscular woman is just as much a woman with softer curves.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    ok there is only so far a girl can go with lifting before she starts to look like she has a mans body girl that lift are sexy just not when they get too much muscle and no fat to cover it, i like a bit of fat i dont mind being skinny fat just not fat like i am now and so i look tined but not too toned, i dont disagree with women wanting muscle but my opinion is i dot think it looks good. women are meant to have boobs not a man like chest like you see in pics posted.. sorry if i have offended anyone but this again is my opinion x

A man's body? Not only is that incredibly insulting to any woman who lifts heavy and aspires to look like her, but just because *you* think a woman should be soft and squishy does not mean that a ripped, amazing woman like her has a "man's" body. She is a woman, she is feminine, and there's nothing about her that is manly.

Opinions are opinions. Just that. When someone asks a wide variety of people a question you're going to get all kinds of them. She is not trying to offend anyone, she is just stating her opinion of which she is entitled. I think hard bodies are sexy and that girl looks fantastic (not like a man at all) but I take no offense to what she has said as she was asked what she personally thought! Not sure why people get so worked up about others answers.

Then you don't mind me saying you remind me of a whale?

No need to get insulted or worked up about my answer.

Should point out, you don't but that is the logic you are using.

Not really.. If I asked you for your opinion and thats what you had to say then for sure... But when you create a post and ask for people's opinions on something other's shouldn't get worked up about their answers. She wasn't attacking a specific individual. She just stated that she wasn't a fan of that body type and that she wasn't trying to offend anyone :P

But if you read her statement she was in a way. I can understand someone having an opinion and stating that she doesn't find that attractive in her eyes because she believes woman should have a certain look but she said that woman are meant to have boobs and that she looks like a man. Thats not an opinion thats just Bashing someone because they work hard.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I lift weights. I don't aspire to be as lean as ripped as Christmas Abbot. And I won't be, no matter how much I lift, because that doesn't happen accidentally or overnight.

I just don't get why anyone has to say "yuck" or that it's "manly" or "not what men want." That's not just a matter of opinion, it's rude. It's as rude and pointless as people who see me walking my Pekingese and say, "Get a REAL dog." He's just as much a dog as a German Shepherd. And a lean, muscular woman is just as much a woman with softer curves.

:heart:
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options

you have some pretty awesome abs there yourself!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Why does EVERYTHING have to come down to whether a woman is "sexy" or not? -_- Oh right, patriarchy.

^^^^ THIS!!!

exactly!! Maybe her goals are not related to whether men find her sexy or not, but whether she can lift enough to do the work that she wants to do. (FTR I think she looks great). There is way more to life and people than sexual attraction.

(aimed generally, not at the person who posted the above)

re body shaming - a preference is one thing, coming to a thread like this (as some have done) and stating that xyz is not what you prefer is another, and being able to state it without putting others down is a third thing. I have a preference for men to have body hair. Would I go into a thread someone made about a man whose physique they admire and say "I don't think he's sexy because he doesn't have any body hair" or worse, "he looks like a woman because he doesn't have any body hair"? (which isn't my opinion BTW, but I have seen that opinion expressed on this forum and consider it body shaming. A man without body hair is still a man and no more or less manly than any other.).............. having an opinion for one particular body type or characteristic does not give you the right to insult those who have a different type of body (don't even get me started on "real women have curves" and the like.... you can celebrate curvy women without putting down non-curvy women....)

re masculine and feminine - it wasn't until I studied anthropology at university that I realised that so much of what I'd grown up thinking were universal truths, were nothing but cultural norms with no biological reality. A lot of people in the west may consider long hair, make-up, dresses, lack of visible muscles, not displaying physical strength, being softly spoken and so on, to be synonymous with "feminine" - yet this is just culture, not biology. You see the woman in my avatar? Most modern western people would probably say she's not very feminine. However, she would have had her own set of cultural norms which may have included a definition of "feminine" or "female-like" (she's a reconstruction of an actual individual who lived tens of thousands of years ago) and it's highly unlikely that her definition of feminine would have matched the modern western cultural definition. It's more likely that "feminine" by her standards included being strong enough to defend her kids from attack. Some palaeoanthropologists believe that neanderthal women hunted alongside the men, if that's the case then "feminine" may have included the ability to take down a large animal, close range, with a spear. Whatever her cultural definition of feminine was, it was no more or less valid than anyone else's, and there are a myriad different cultures in the world today, never mind the number of cultures that have ever existed, each with their own norms.

Cultural norms are problematic when they constrain people to be a particular way that isn't right for them, or when they lead to some people berating others because they don't fit those norms. Unfortunately most cultures are guilty of this to a lesser or greater extent, and people really need to learn just how much their opinions are the product of their culture, and not universal truths. When you understand that, it's easy to break from from cultural norms that constrain you, and stop constraining others by them, and stop berating people who don't fit them. Going back to muscular women - there is nothing unfeminine about muscular women. If muscle wasn't feminine, women wouldn't have muscles.

WHAT IS THIS??? LOGIC? SOUND ARGUMENT???

Thank you. Your post was freaking great.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i'm drooling too! i love how she rocks a sleeve. i'm thinking about branching my tats out...but i'm scurred. plus to have a body like that... ;)
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I guess I just don't understand why people get so offended that someone doesn't like the same thing they like :huh:
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

yea really :love: love the tatt
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hot damn!!! I think I just switched teams! Sizzling!!
  • GBOGH_5
    Options

Thanks...but I have no boobs or *kitten*, so according to some people in this thread I may as well just give up on ever finding someone who thinks I'm attractive :tongue:
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Love her! And I say my pictures can speak for themselves lifting has made me much sexier! ;)
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options

Thanks...but I have no boobs or *kitten*, so according to some people in this thread I may as well just give up on ever finding someone who thinks I'm attractive :tongue:

Screw them you look awesome!! And you can build a booty! Heavy squats girl!! ;)
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Why does EVERYTHING have to come down to whether a woman is "sexy" or not? -_- Oh right, patriarchy.

^^^^ THIS!!!

exactly!! Maybe her goals are not related to whether men find her sexy or not, but whether she can lift enough to do the work that she wants to do. (FTR I think she looks great). There is way more to life and people than sexual attraction.

(aimed generally, not at the person who posted the above)

re body shaming - a preference is one thing, coming to a thread like this (as some have done) and stating that xyz is not what you prefer is another, and being able to state it without putting others down is a third thing. I have a preference for men to have body hair. Would I go into a thread someone made about a man whose physique they admire and say "I don't think he's sexy because he doesn't have any body hair" or worse, "he looks like a woman because he doesn't have any body hair"? (which isn't my opinion BTW, but I have seen that opinion expressed on this forum and consider it body shaming. A man without body hair is still a man and no more or less manly than any other.).............. having an opinion for one particular body type or characteristic does not give you the right to insult those who have a different type of body (don't even get me started on "real women have curves" and the like.... you can celebrate curvy women without putting down non-curvy women....)

re masculine and feminine - it wasn't until I studied anthropology at university that I realised that so much of what I'd grown up thinking were universal truths, were nothing but cultural norms with no biological reality. A lot of people in the west may consider long hair, make-up, dresses, lack of visible muscles, not displaying physical strength, being softly spoken and so on, to be synonymous with "feminine" - yet this is just culture, not biology. You see the woman in my avatar? Most modern western people would probably say she's not very feminine. However, she would have had her own set of cultural norms which may have included a definition of "feminine" or "female-like" (she's a reconstruction of an actual individual who lived tens of thousands of years ago) and it's highly unlikely that her definition of feminine would have matched the modern western cultural definition. It's more likely that "feminine" by her standards included being strong enough to defend her kids from attack. Some palaeoanthropologists believe that neanderthal women hunted alongside the men, if that's the case then "feminine" may have included the ability to take down a large animal, close range, with a spear. Whatever her cultural definition of feminine was, it was no more or less valid than anyone else's, and there are a myriad different cultures in the world today, never mind the number of cultures that have ever existed, each with their own norms.

Cultural norms are problematic when they constrain people to be a particular way that isn't right for them, or when they lead to some people berating others because they don't fit those norms. Unfortunately most cultures are guilty of this to a lesser or greater extent, and people really need to learn just how much their opinions are the product of their culture, and not universal truths. When you understand that, it's easy to break from from cultural norms that constrain you, and stop constraining others by them, and stop berating people who don't fit them. Going back to muscular women - there is nothing unfeminine about muscular women. If muscle wasn't feminine, women wouldn't have muscles.

THANK YOU! :heart:
  • GBOGH_5
    Options

Screw them you look awesome!! And you can build a booty! Heavy squats girl!! ;)

You got it going on yourself!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    FYI: Curvy girls can lift heavy and stay soft and sexy.

My dream body is similar to Mad Men's Joan. I woul djust need to get back my original boob size but If I lost some belly fat, I have the structure for this bod. I have no goal of having really low BF and lots of muscle def.

She trains with her husband, lifts and does bodyweight exercises!

0308_christina_hendricks_00-435x580.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    So how come OP can say that girls that lift are sexy (which basically says girls that don't are not sexy) yet no one else can have an opinion and say its not sexy :huh:

I may be out of line speaking for Taunto, but I *seriously* doubt that's what he was saying.

Obviously I don't think he was, and on the same token I "seriously" don't think that people who say the don't like it are saying that there is something wrong for her for looking that way.

Taunto didn't say anything at all about girls that don't lift, he was just celebrating a girl who does, so I don't think your comparison makes sense.

At any rate, there were people who respectfully stated their opinion that this look isn't for them, and that's fine. That's not what people are reacting to. I'm not trying to achieve this look either, but there's no need to be insulting.

How does the comparison not make sense? It's the same thing. He said its sexy. Some said its not. Yes I agree people being ugly about her great fitness level is wrong. But each and every one's opinion is valid, which was my point. And at any rate me and Taunto are cool, he knows I wasn't bashing him :drinker:

Maybe I misunderstood you. It seemed like you were saying that a person calling one body type sexy is the same as saying that other body types are not. ie; Women who lift are sexy = women who don't lift are not. To me that's just not the case.

Now if the OP had said "Women who lift are sexy, women who don't look like potatoes" then that would be the same thing, IMO

Well that was my point: When people are saying that they don't like it for themselves people are reading more into it, and acting like they are saying something negative. This is as asinine as anyone thinking since OP said Because she lifts she is sexy i.e. girls that don't lift are not. (damn sarcasm doesn't go over too well through the net without my condescending tone and half *kitten* smirk :grumble:)

Yeah I *totally* didn't read your post as sarcastic at all. To me it wasn't "reading more" into some of those posts to see them as negative (not the ones that just said "not for me" but the ones that said "yuck" etc). Oh well :drinker:
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I definitely admire and appreciate the hard work and dedication it takes to have and maintain a body like that, but it doesn't do anything for me. I don't find it sexy at all. That doesn't mean I don't find women who work out hard sexy, but I'm not into the 16 year old boy on the wresting team look. Not being judgemental, just my opinion on what I like in a woman. Give me some curves.