Girls who lift aren't sexy!

Options

Replies

• greenpointmoni
    Options
    Why does EVERYTHING have to come down to whether a woman is "sexy" or not? -_- Oh right, patriarchy.

This!!! THE BEST POINT MADE IN THE THREAD.
    I second and third this!
  • Jubee31
    Jubee31 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i wrote this earlier but suppose this doesnt count as usual ppl cant accept an appology when one has given it for their mistake of choice of words..

i apploligise to anyone that i have offended this was not my intent, all i was doing was saying what i think about women with muscle ok you guys may think its hot, i did not say this woman was not hot. most of you have been offensive also but atleast i can hold my hands up and say i did put words in my comment that offended ppl but again that was not intended.so i am sorry to those i offended!

im so sorry for saying it in my way that i couldnt think of another way to explain my comment i said in my appology comment i did not mean to say it how it was said but i hold up my hands to that was a mistake i wasnt trying to be rude or offensive which i also said in my comment that you took so offensive this was just another excuse to start an argument. so many ppl on here which are very rude and dont care what they say to offend someone when im the opposite i dont like to offend and i care if i have done.
    otherwise i wouldnt have applogised once and now this post twice

but i guess this wont count anyway

this is MFP a lot of people act like whinny little kids, don't worry about it. They still think they're in junior high.

:drinker:
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Some tasteful nudity (nothing "naughty" shows) but some photos may not be safe for work.

http://www.gotceleb.com/christmas-abbott-inked-magazine-2012-2012-10-25.html

I don't know any 16 year old boys that look like this.

Like I said before... take any woman, no matter how "soft" and snap pictures of her while changing a tire, especially at pit stop speeds, and see how "feminine" she looks.

That tattoo on her calf is amazing - been thinking of a tree/mountain-based one for my next one.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    ok there is only so far a girl can go with lifting before she starts to look like she has a mans body......... girls that lift are sexy just not when they get too much muscle and no fat to cover it, i like a bit of fat i dont mind being skinny fat just not fat like i am now and so i look toned but not too toned, i dont disagree with women wanting muscle but my opinion is i dot think it looks good. women are meant to have boobs not a man like chest like you see in pics posted.. sorry if i have offended anyone but this again is my opinion x

Genetics doesn't bless everyone one with big boobs, okay? Clearly, her goals are more important to her than making sure her chest is aesthetically pleasing to people like you. In my opinion, she looks amazing.

Exactly. There can be one picture of a fit girl with muscles and a small chest and people think she looks too boyish yet there can be a picture of a girl with the exact same frame with naturaly or fake big boobs and everyone is like Ohh she has curves! Not everyone has big boobs. Luckily, I at least have a butt but not all are that lucky!

And I always find it interesting that it can never be just be about a girl who has worked hard as hell it always has to involve what she looks like too.
  • SRH7
    Options
    this is MFP a lot of people act like whinny little kids, don't worry about it. They still think they're in junior high.

Lot of tension on here today - we all need to step away and go and lift some big weights. Best stress relief ever.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    8456263939_dc4e36b314.jpg

This is what she'd look like with a higher body fat percentage. :laugh:

This is an incredibly rude, and offensive comment... it's okay for over weight people to weight train in the gym, that's how we lose weight, and build muscle simultaneously... SHAME ON YOU for you posting a picture like this as a joke, everyone no matter size has the right to weight train, and go to the gym, and feel proud of themselves no matter their size... an over weight person shouldn't have to worry about heading to the gym because some jerk is going to post a picture of them on an internet forum as a joke... seriously you are awful, shame on you.

And really it doesn't matter what she looks like, I am so disgusted at the way it's acceptiable to objectify women thin, over weight, muscular or otherwise.

Edited for mistake. I thought someone else posted.
  • SRH7
    Options

This is an incredibly rude, and offensive comment... it's okay for over weight people to weight train in the gym, that's how we lose weight, and build muscle simultaneously... SHAME ON YOU for you posting a picture like this as a joke, everyone no matter size has the right to weight train, and go to the gym, and feel proud of themselves no matter their size... an over weight person shouldn't have to worry about heading to the gym because some jerk is going to post a picture of them on an internet forum as a joke... seriously you are awful, shame on you.

And really it doesn't matter what she looks like, I am so disgusted at the way it's acceptiable to objectify women thin, over weight, muscular or otherwise.

I TOTALLY AGREE. You should be ashamed of yourself for that catty post. People like you are what makes people like her and myself give up.

um, she posted the picture of HERSELF.

Have you seen the definition in her legs? Better legs than women half her size! Another pic that inspires me to pick up big weights then put them down again.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    ok mans point of view men like boobs *kitten*,thighs and legs

You're a man?
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Never mind.

Nz_deeva, you rock!
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    My brother's girlfriend lifts. I wish I could be as unsexy as she is. :laugh:

http://www.facebook.com/npcangelicag

3726ebeb-cae8-4135-acf4-40a1cb65d608_zps128c695b.jpg

Yeeowza! Is there a sports model contract in her future?
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    To me Christmas Abbot looks just like a guy. Not a woman. No breasts, no curves, no hips.... Just my opinion, but I would never never never want to look like that. I don't want to be ripped, or cut, or have that anatomical-chart-of-muscles look. Probably couldn't if I tried.
  • GBOGH_5
    GBOGH_5 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'd like to mention that I don't have very much of a chest and I freaking love it. I don't have any issues running like some of my more endowed friends do...a light sports bra does me just fine. I can go out in public with no bra on. I don't have my stuff bouncing around everywhere. Plus, when I'm old, I won't have near as much sag.

My theory is, if a man doesn't like what I've got...he can keep on walking.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

I TOTALLY AGREE. You should be ashamed of yourself for that catty post. People like you are what makes people like her and myself give up.

Yup, and I think I have a new hero now...she flippin rocks!
  • cynthiatwayne
    Options
    Whether or not YOU think she's sexy I think we can all admire the hard work and dedication she put in to look like that.

Obviously the only opinion that really matters is her own.

Seroiusly THIS!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    To me Christmas Abbot looks just like a guy. Not a woman. No breasts, no curves, no hips.... Just my opinion, but I would never never never want to look like that. I don't want to be ripped, or cut, or have that anatomical-chart-of-muscles look. Probably couldn't if I tried.

AGAIN with calling this WOMAN a guy.... She is a LADY!! Fack!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I did NOT call her a guy. Just that she LOOKS like a guy. I know she's a woman and in her job that sort of body is a plus. I said I ( Me, not you) would not want to look like that.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    i wrote this earlier but suppose this doesnt count as usual ppl cant accept an appology when one has given it for their mistake of choice of words..

i apploligise to anyone that i have offended this was not my intent, all i was doing was saying what i think about women with muscle ok you guys may think its hot, i did not say this woman was not hot. most of you have been offensive also but atleast i can hold my hands up and say i did put words in my comment that offended ppl but again that was not intended.so i am sorry to those i offended!

im so sorry for saying it in my way that i couldnt think of another way to explain my comment i said in my appology comment i did not mean to say it how it was said but i hold up my hands to that was a mistake i wasnt trying to be rude or offensive which i also said in my comment that you took so offensive this was just another excuse to start an argument. so many ppl on here which are very rude and dont care what they say to offend someone when im the opposite i dont like to offend and i care if i have done.
    otherwise i wouldnt have applogised once and now this post twice

but i guess this wont count anyway

IMO it does count. I appreciate the fact that you reconsidered what you said and apologised for it not coming out the way you meant it to.

The reason for the backlash is because from what I've seen here, pretty much every single time someone posts a picture of a very athletic looking woman, someone always comes in and says that she's too muscular/manly, or some other negative comment that's not necessary because we all already know that different people have different preferences in terms of what they want themselves, or their female sexual partners, to look like. I don't recall ever seeing a thread like this that doesn't end in the same discussion, which is sad really. It gets tiresome for those of us who just want to celebrate someone's hard work and determination. Many of us admire those that aspire towards goals that go against conventional norms/ideals, e.g. women who get strong and muscular in spite of many people saying they don't think that's "feminine" or whatever.

Don't take the backlash personally, because a lot of it isn't directed at you personally, but at the situation and attitudes that result in this happening again and again and again. I'm glad you rethought what you originally said :flowerforyou: I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates that, just no-one else has said it, or maybe they missed your post. (most likely the latter).
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options

Yup, and I think I have a new hero now...she flippin rocks!

^^^^ Agreed!
  • IndianCat3
    IndianCat3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    She is HOT and i admire her dedication and her job perfection :)
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    bump