Girls who lift aren't sexy!

Options

Replies

• a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    bump for the days I don't feel like going to the gym.

She's my new hero.

I wanted to be a crewchief when I was growing up, lolz.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm like 15 pages late, but I'd like to invite the original body shamer in this tread to learn about punctuation and capitalization.
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. I wish I had a job on the pit crew, by the way!! /jelly

Also, Deeva: YOU. ARE. AMAZING. My new hero!
  • aweigh2go
    aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    This thread is not complete without a picture of her squat butt:

christmas-page2.jpg

Deeva - YOU"RE AMAZING.

Just plain jaw dropping, wolf whistling, stunning!!

And inspiring.

And incredible.

And, and . . . well you know . . .
  • I don't think I have anything to apolgzie for, if the girl in the picture posted it, then good for her, she can be proud of herself... my thing is self-deprication and body shaming is not okay...no matter who's doing it, even if you're doing to yourself... I would give her a high five too.

I don't think a misunderstanding is anything to apologize for. The whole point of my post was to say that we shouldn't look at people that way, and applaud their strength, not poke fun, or self depricate.

Yeah I didn't know the OP was the one who posted a picture, but none the less she posted it on a public forum, which looked like a body shaming post with no explanation ... so yeah it bothered me. I don't spend all day lurking forums and profiles to know. I just commented on something I saw that bothered me.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Beyond aesthetics, the fourth photo shows something few other weight training photos do - building muscle makes you STRONG and capable of doing awesome things. When weighing up the pros and cons, people seem to forget this :flowerforyou:

Yes! Yes! A 100 times yes!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have anything to apolgzie for, if the girl in the picture posted it, then good for her, she can be proud of herself... my thing is self-deprication and body shaming is not okay...no matter who's doing it, even if you're doing to yourself... I would give her a high five too.

I don't think a misunderstanding is anything to apologize for. The whole point of my post was to say that we shouldn't look at people that way, and applaud their strength, not poke fun, or self depricate.

Yeah I didn't know the OP was the one who posted a picture, but none the less she posted it on a public forum, which looked like a body shaming post with no explanation ... so yeah it bothered me. I don't spend all day lurking forums and profiles to know. I just commented on something I saw that bothered me.

Big of you!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I usually can find something attractive about any woman, but she doesn't look beautiful or healthy at all. But I'm pretty sure (or at least I hope) she's not doing the heavy lifting and tanning and getting tattoos for the purpose of looking good.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I usually can find something attractive about any woman, but she doesn't look beautiful or healthy at all. But I'm pretty sure (or at least I hope) she's not doing the heavy lifting and tanning and getting tattoos for the purpose of looking good.

tumblr_m7ev5zZTA41r8gvi9o2_1280.gif
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have anything to apolgzie for, if the girl in the picture posted it, then good for her, she can be proud of herself... my thing is self-deprication and body shaming is not okay...no matter who's doing it, even if you're doing to yourself... I would give her a high five too.

She was not shamming herself. It was a joke. Some of us don't take ourselves so seriously. I think your missing the point.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    bump for the days I don't feel like going to the gym.

She's my new hero.

I wanted to be a crewchief when I was growing up, lolz.

Yeah me too! She is amazing, I don't think I could ever get a body like that but I am going to certainly try!!
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    8456263939_dc4e36b314.jpg

This is what she'd look like with a higher body fat percentage. :laugh:

That is sexy too, look at the determination in those eyes!

I want to agree that I find this very sexy too.
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options

tumblr_m7ev5zZTA41r8gvi9o2_1280.gif

Right?

Le sigh. Because this looks totally way more healthy and beautiful:

43555e5ee952d27cae58b687658cc7f7.jpg

:grumble:
  • Kurls4Daze
    Kurls4Daze Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS POST SHE IS SO HOT I LOVE STRONG PEOPLE IN GENERAL MALE OR FEMALE I THINK ITS AMAZING TO BE SO STRONG FIGHTING OLD AGE MY KNEE IS KILLING ME AT AGE 28 SPORTS DOC SAID I NEED TO STRENGHTEN MY QUADS IM SURE THIS WONDERFUL WOMAN DOES NOT HAVE THAT PROBLEM!!!
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Maybe it's because I'm married (and have been for a decade). Or maybe it's because I'm a mom to three small kids. Or maybe it's because I'm in my 30's.

But....I don't give a rat's hairy behind what anyone other than myself thinks of my body. I lift heavy and I do it because I WANT TO! I do it because I LOVE feeling strong, bad *kitten*, capable and HEALTHY!

Who sets the standard for what a female body is 'supposed' to look like??? I find it amusing when the people who claim that female heavy lifters with very small breasts look manly. BUT....the minute they see that same female lifter with implants....NOW she looks feminine. As it was stated before, not all women were blessed with large breasts....hight body fat or not. And I think it's a sad sad day when so many women feels it's necessary to go through a major surgery just to appeal to some standard of "femininity"

As for the butt and thighs.....you find me a girl that squats and dead lifts more than her body weight and I'll show you a smokin hot *kitten* and set of thighs. Guaranteed!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Maybe it's because I'm married (and have been for a decade). Or maybe it's because I'm a mom to three small kids. Or maybe it's because I'm in my 30's.

But....I don't give a rat's hairy behind what anyone other than myself thinks of my body. I lift heavy and I do it because I WANT TO! I do it because I LOVE feeling strong, bad *kitten*, capable and HEALTHY!

Who sets the standard for what a female body is 'supposed' to look like??? I find it amusing when the people who claim that female heavy lifters with very small breasts look manly. BUT....the minute they see that same female lifter with implants....NOW she looks feminine. As it was stated before, not all women were blessed with large breasts....hight body fat or not. And I think it's a sad sad day when so many women feels it's necessary to go through a major surgery just to appeal to some standard of "femininity"

As for the butt and thighs.....you find me a girl that squats and dead lifts more than her body weight and I'll show you a smokin hot *kitten* and set of thighs. Guaranteed!

LMAO, or she get's shamed for having implants! That blew up on here not too long ago, remember?
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

LMAO, or she get's shamed for having implants! That blew up on here not too long ago, remember?

I know. We women can't win. And...the saddest part?? We are doing it to each other! It's not the men that are making us feel inferior or un-feminine....it's US!!! Sad.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

I pretty much agree with ALL of this.
  • kingkoopaluv
    kingkoopaluv Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    meowza!