Girls who lift aren't sexy!

Options

Replies

• chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I wanna have one of those sexy hard bodies! Lifting is the only way to get it!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have anything to apolgzie for, if the girl in the picture posted it, then good for her, she can be proud of herself... my thing is self-deprication and body shaming is not okay...no matter who's doing it, even if you're doing to yourself... I would give her a high five too.

I don't think a misunderstanding is anything to apologize for. The whole point of my post was to say that we shouldn't look at people that way, and applaud their strength, not poke fun, or self depricate.

Yeah I didn't know the OP was the one who posted a picture, but none the less she posted it on a public forum, which looked like a body shaming post with no explanation ... so yeah it bothered me. I don't spend all day lurking forums and profiles to know. I just commented on something I saw that bothered me.

You attacked someone for making a self-deprecating joke and you don't think you have anything to apologize for? You should have just kept your mouth shut and slunk away with your tail between your legs at the very least. Coming here and posting this indignant reply just makes you look ten times as foolish as you did before.
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    For what its worth, I don't like soft girls, with soft stomachs, featureless sausage arms and sausage legs, with glasses and hair tied back, and call themselves "curvy" or that they "like their curves" when clearly, in fact, they are just obese or heading that way. Its not womanly, women have never really been as big or obese as they are now and to call themselves womanly is an insult to the human race...

...would be a pretty mean and nasty thing for me to say. So stop doing it the other way around.

Love this. If someone who prefers to be a more athletic and voices their distase in softer bodies they're rude. If someone who is a less athletic build voices their distaste the other way it's totally fine. Rude is rude. I prefer fit bodies personally I aspire to have one one day. Women like this are inspirations to me! <3
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Maybe it's because I'm married (and have been for a decade). Or maybe it's because I'm a mom to three small kids. Or maybe it's because I'm in my 30's.

But....I don't give a rat's hairy behind what anyone other than myself thinks of my body. I lift heavy and I do it because I WANT TO! I do it because I LOVE feeling strong, bad *kitten*, capable and HEALTHY!

Who sets the standard for what a female body is 'supposed' to look like??? I find it amusing when the people who claim that female heavy lifters with very small breasts look manly. BUT....the minute they see that same female lifter with implants....NOW she looks feminine. As it was stated before, not all women were blessed with large breasts....hight body fat or not. And I think it's a sad sad day when so many women feels it's necessary to go through a major surgery just to appeal to some standard of "femininity"

As for the butt and thighs.....you find me a girl that squats and dead lifts more than her body weight and I'll show you a smokin hot *kitten* and set of thighs. Guaranteed!

Best response on this thread.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Taunto is right, girls who lift are super sexy, I found another girl lifting. all i have to say is DAMN!!!

becca.jpg

all the ladies should lit to be like this girl.

I'd so much rather be her than be you <3

ETA:

STRONGEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD BECCA SWANSON:

becca%20002.JPG

http://yyize.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/scale1000/images/Becca Swanson/becca 002.JPG
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Wonder what she is compensating for?

I mean when a guy lifts heavy and has muscle he is compensating for something right? So what is a woman compenstaing for?
    Don't we love stereotypes
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Okay, I had to stroll past all the body shaming here to say

I AM A STRAIGHT, MARRIED MOTHER OF 2 AND I THINK THIS CHICK IS SMOKIN' HOT AND SEXY AS HELL!!! I would stop and stare at her, my husband would too and I wouldn't slap him for it LOL!! :laugh: Whether or not she has "boobs" has nothing at all to do with being sexy. Having boobs does NOT make one a woman. Look at the way this woman carries herself! Look at her facial expressions! And ZOMG look at her BOODDAYYY!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Good for her!!!! And for all the women who aren't afraid to look how they want to look! I'll take "muscly" over fat and flabby any day!! That is total bad-assery right there and what I'm striving for. HIgh fives to all the lifting chicks!!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Maybe it's because I'm married (and have been for a decade). Or maybe it's because I'm a mom to three small kids. Or maybe it's because I'm in my 30's.

But....I don't give a rat's hairy behind what anyone other than myself thinks of my body. I lift heavy and I do it because I WANT TO! I do it because I LOVE feeling strong, bad *kitten*, capable and HEALTHY!

Who sets the standard for what a female body is 'supposed' to look like??? I find it amusing when the people who claim that female heavy lifters with very small breasts look manly. BUT....the minute they see that same female lifter with implants....NOW she looks feminine. As it was stated before, not all women were blessed with large breasts....hight body fat or not. And I think it's a sad sad day when so many women feels it's necessary to go through a major surgery just to appeal to some standard of "femininity"

As for the butt and thighs.....you find me a girl that squats and dead lifts more than her body weight and I'll show you a smokin hot *kitten* and set of thighs. Guaranteed!

totally agree!!! And I bolded the bit that I agree with the most. And LOL @ "I don't give a rat's hairy behind" I'm so going to steal that expression!!!
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Super sexy indeed :)

Edit: My men friends tell me all the time that abs on a women is not as attractive as a flat stomach. Pff I beg to differ, wont stop me from trying.
  • Debby0904
    Debby0904 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Okay, I had to stroll past all the body shaming here to say

I AM A STRAIGHT, MARRIED MOTHER OF 2 AND I THINK THIS CHICK IS SMOKIN' HOT AND SEXY AS HELL!!! I would stop and stare at her, my husband would too and I wouldn't slap him for it LOL!! :laugh: Whether or not she has "boobs" has nothing at all to do with being sexy. Having boobs does NOT make one a woman. Look at the way this woman carries herself! Look at her facial expressions! And ZOMG look at her BOODDAYYY!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Good for her!!!! And for all the women who aren't afraid to look how they want to look! I'll take "muscly" over fat and flabby any day!! That is total bad-assery right there and what I'm striving for. HIgh fives to all the lifting chicks!!

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I'd also like to add that weight lifting, NOT endless hours of cardio ,has gotten me to where I am today. It wasn't until I started lifting that I saw serious changes in my body! It's not just about a number on the scale for me anymore. It's how I feel, how I look in the mirror and how my clothes fit! YES cardio is still good for heart health but don't diss the strength training! That's another part of being healthy!
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    8456263939_dc4e36b314.jpg

This is what she'd look like with a higher body fat percentage. :laugh:

This is an incredibly rude, and offensive comment... it's okay for over weight people to weight train in the gym, that's how we lose weight, and build muscle simultaneously... SHAME ON YOU for you posting a picture like this as a joke, everyone no matter size has the right to weight train, and go to the gym, and feel proud of themselves no matter their size... an over weight person shouldn't have to worry about heading to the gym because some jerk is going to post a picture of them on an internet forum as a joke... seriously you are awful, shame on you.

And really it doesn't matter what she looks like, I am so disgusted at the way it's acceptiable to objectify women thin, over weight, muscular or otherwise.

I don't think the post was self depricating. I think NZ knows she's babe-tastic!
  • SeaJenni
    SeaJenni Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Beyond aesthetics, the fourth photo shows something few other weight training photos do - building muscle makes you STRONG and capable of doing awesome things. When weighing up the pros and cons, people seem to forget this :flowerforyou:

I LOVE the fourth picture! Very inspirational.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I usually can find something attractive about any woman, but she doesn't look beautiful or healthy at all. But I'm pretty sure (or at least I hope) she's not doing the heavy lifting and tanning and getting tattoos for the purpose of looking good.

tumblr_m7ev5zZTA41r8gvi9o2_1280.gif

Right?

Le sigh. Because this looks totally way more healthy and beautiful:

43555e5ee952d27cae58b687658cc7f7.jpg

:grumble:

Right-- because if don't have hulking muscles with veins popping out your only other option is to be emaciated. THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND!!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    ok mans point of view men like boobs *kitten*,thighs and legs

And she has all of those things. Some just might be smaller than others.

I've had small boobs my whole life, whether I was overweight, underweight, fit, unfit. I've never had a guy complain about them. It's only been other women who had negative things to say about the size of my chest. :ohwell:

Lorina, I'd trade in my DDs to have your body any day and twice on Sunday, honey!

And taunto...that woman is f*cking ridiculously hot. Thx for posting. :smokin:

Also, to whomever posted "YUCK"...you're a f*ckwit. I don't condone throwing insults at insults, but you deserve it.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    Wonder what she is compensating for?

I mean when a guy lifts heavy and has muscle he is compensating for something right? So what is a woman compenstaing for?
    Don't we love stereotypes

<3

Good point.

All stereotypes suck.

I don't think men are compensating for something because they lift. I think they lift because lifting is awesome.

but maybe that's because I lift, too.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Right?

Le sigh. Because this looks totally way more healthy and beautiful:

43555e5ee952d27cae58b687658cc7f7.jpg

:grumble:

Right-- because if don't have hulking muscles with veins popping out your only other option is to be emaciated. THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND!!

I think what was meant by this was:
    That main stream media portrays the very thin model types as being ideal and "beautiful" but in fact there is more than one ideal of beauty. This is slowly shifting away from super thin to healthier body images. And that I think is a good thing, hopefully one day will come that a healthy teenage girl will no longer consider herself obese when she does not look like so and so on a magazine cover.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    8456263939_dc4e36b314.jpg

This is what she'd look like with a higher body fat percentage. :laugh:

This is an incredibly rude, and offensive comment... it's okay for over weight people to weight train in the gym, that's how we lose weight, and build muscle simultaneously... SHAME ON YOU for you posting a picture like this as a joke, everyone no matter size has the right to weight train, and go to the gym, and feel proud of themselves no matter their size... an over weight person shouldn't have to worry about heading to the gym because some jerk is going to post a picture of them on an internet forum as a joke... seriously you are awful, shame on you.

And really it doesn't matter what she looks like, I am so disgusted at the way it's acceptiable to objectify women thin, over weight, muscular or otherwise.

I don't think the post was self depricating. I think NZ knows she's babe-tastic!

How is posting a picture of yourself lifting offensive? WTF?!? NZ, you are a ROCK STAR.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

*sigh*

:flowerforyou:
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Oh god...

I think I just turned into a lesbian. :drinker:

That is one sexy woman!