Girls who lift aren't sexy!

Options

Replies

• RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Taunto, why didn't you post any of my pics of me lifting in my high heels?!

We are never.... ever..... ever.... getting back together!!

I don't even know you and now I hate you. For putting that song in my head.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to wade back and find the post, but someone had a great response to all of the 'ew' and 'vein-bulging' stuff: any time you have a picture taken where you are doing something intense, rather than simply posing, you run the risk of looking unattractive. Your face looks weird. If you're lifting something, you may have bulging muscles.

I'd rather not have veiny muscles, but I'd also rather not have squishy fat blobs, and I really wish I didn't flush a speckled red when I lift heavy things. It makes me less sexy while I'm trying to do cool stuff. But doing the cool stuff anyway is SO MUCH sexier that it completely makes up for it. It's true!

And that is one of the things I love best about these pix of Abbott. She's very sexy when she poses. But she's REALLY sexy when she is doing cool stuff with her strong body and not even posing. And that is the kind of sexy that is completely achievable for anyone regardless of body type. And I'm willing to guess that most of us, guys and girls alike, who find her sexy, aren't just responding to how big her muscles or her boobs are, or whether her skin is tanned enough or too much, or stuff like that. We are seeing a woman who is strong, confident, and doing things well. And that's one of the things that's so annoying about people dissing her body, no matter how 'polite' they are. It's not even half the point! Sure, sexy is a body thing, but it's not JUST a body thing, and it's a good thing too for some of us.

Out of 18+ pages of responses, this = perfection. :flowerforyou:
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Taunto, why didn't you post any of my pics of me lifting in my high heels?!

We are never.... ever..... ever.... getting back together!!

I don't even know you and now I hate you. For putting that song in my head.
    tumblr_lf74zctzYL1qb86xno1_500.gif
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have anything to apolgzie for, if the girl in the picture posted it, then good for her, she can be proud of herself... my thing is self-deprication and body shaming is not okay...no matter who's doing it, even if you're doing to yourself... I would give her a high five too.

I don't think a misunderstanding is anything to apologize for. The whole point of my post was to say that we shouldn't look at people that way, and applaud their strength, not poke fun, or self depricate.

Yeah I didn't know the OP was the one who posted a picture, but none the less she posted it on a public forum, which looked like a body shaming post with no explanation ... so yeah it bothered me. I don't spend all day lurking forums and profiles to know. I just commented on something I saw that bothered me.

I wasn't being self depreciating in my post. I think you do probably have something to appolgise for.

You said ... And I quote ... "SHAME ON YOU for you posting a picture like this as a joke, everyone no matter size has the right to weight train, and go to the gym, and feel proud of themselves no matter their size... an over weight person shouldn't have to worry about heading to the gym because some jerk is going to post a picture of them on an internet forum as a joke... seriously you are awful, shame on you."

You called me a jerk.

You called me awful.

And in an ironic twist. Suggested that I've trawled the Internet for a picture of a fat person to make fun of.

Oh, and this thread might have some information you could find helpful in it: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/824518-fat-girl-dead-lifting

...I love you more today than yesterday... :heart:
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I would sell my left *kitten* cheek to look like her. Then I would sell the right one to make it even.

OMG Hahahahaha! :laugh:
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    8456263939_dc4e36b314.jpg

This is what she'd look like with a higher body fat percentage. :laugh:

This is an incredibly rude, and offensive comment... it's okay for over weight people to weight train in the gym, that's how we lose weight, and build muscle simultaneously... SHAME ON YOU for you posting a picture like this as a joke, everyone no matter size has the right to weight train, and go to the gym, and feel proud of themselves no matter their size... an over weight person shouldn't have to worry about heading to the gym because some jerk is going to post a picture of them on an internet forum as a joke... seriously you are awful, shame on you.

And really it doesn't matter what she looks like, I am so disgusted at the way it's acceptiable to objectify women thin, over weight, muscular or otherwise.

I TOTALLY AGREE. You should be ashamed of yourself for that catty post. People like you are what makes people like her and myself give up.
    This is HILARIOUS.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Sex appeal per se remains a subjective topic or view, indifferent to body shape or hierarchy of the perceived 'beauty' - as in reproductive value = 1 girls with muscle, 2 = girls with large 'this', small 'that', 3 = girls with... so on and so forth.

Girls with muscle? My vote is YES, however not an 'ideal' EVERYONE needs to or should strive for! :flowerforyou:

PS: Does anybody find intellect sexy?:blushing:

Yes, give smarts and voice that uses it. It's the sum of the total that makes people wonderful. Not the subtractive like in this thread. This versus that? Meh, too boring.
    Give me people doing bad *kitten* things. That's sexy. Run like a gazelle, push like a rhino, take it to your limit and you're hot.
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    3d27deef-9b0d-4dd9-b4d5-7ba1ff8a52c3.jpg

Why is it ok to body shame this girl? :)
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    If "sexy" in a woman can include a completely flat chest then yeah. Is that what men find sexy these days?

Why does she bother covering her chest with that bit of material when the men around her don't - and they have more breast tissue than her?

Holy crap give her a meal before she collapses!!!

Seriously?! Has this thread taught you nothing?!
  • michaelalouise3915
    michaelalouise3915 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    3d27deef-9b0d-4dd9-b4d5-7ba1ff8a52c3.jpg

Because people always think its ok to to slate skinny girls and question if they suffer from an ed. Double standards.
  • michaelalouise3915
    michaelalouise3915 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If "sexy" in a woman can include a completely flat chest then yeah. Is that what men find sexy these days?

Why does she bother covering her chest with that bit of material when the men around her don't - and they have more breast tissue than her?

Sigh. Sexy is subjective. Some men like fat girls, some like muscle, some like skinny, big boobs, small boobs, big bum or small. So yes, some men will think its sexy.

Your other comment is ridiculous and not worth responding to.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Something to aim for. Terrific photos!

I love knowing that I can lift weights with the boys at 5am, but still put a skirt and heels on for work and look feminine. Best of both worlds isn't it?
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I also feel that an extremely muscular athletic build is just as difficult to attain as the anorexic supermodel look (probably more difficult-- it's easier to just not eat than spend hours in the gym every day). It may be a slightly healthier ideal, but it's still an ideal. You don't think healthy teenager girls might see someone like this one day and hate themselves for not being able to look like her?

I think that's true. It's a different body type, but still out of reach for most of us. Most of the women pictured seem to have low body fat. For some it might be natural, but maybe some have to really work it at, diet-wise, in exactly the same way that slim models might have to. I remember reading about an athlete who commented that she became significantly stronger when she stopped trying to stay at fitness model size and ate a bit more. She had been told that she was too big and was starving herself, and when she lost the weight people wanted to photograph her and her body was promoted as "healthy". That story always comes to mind when I see women lifters with low fat, even though some might naturally have that body composition. I suspect some of them have to diet down to keep within their competitive weight categories too. You do see some bulkier women in the top weight categories, when they don't have to keep their weight down.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Me too! My opinion is, I wasn't blessed with bazookas, so I may as well have defined muscles, as I'm never gonna be the soft curvy type anyway. When overweight I just sag everywhere. I don't get that comfy upholstered look.
    I have never had any comment that my muscles are off-putting or unsexy.
  • dokme
    dokme Posts: 31
    Options
    Damn she is HOTT!!!!!
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    If I can ever lift as much as her, I'll die happy. Personally I wouldn't want to be that lean, it'd be damn near impossible for me to maintain and wouldn't look as good on me, but damn, that shows a lot of dedication and WORK.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Not sure how that happened but my reply got tangled up in the quote :blushing:
    Just saying you don't have to have boobies to be or feel sexy
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Sigh. Sexy is subjective. Some men like fat girls, some like muscle, some like skinny, big boobs, small boobs, big bum or small. So yes, some men will think its sexy.

Find me ONE man that thinks a completely FLAT chest like that woman has is sexy.

I challenge you!

ONE proviso -- he HAS to be heterosexual.

Not gonna happen, lady!

Here. She's sexy, as are most of the women in this thread. Except when they get ugly with their words. Don't go full ugly.
  • lunameow
    lunameow Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't find her body type appealing, but what I do think is completely and totally hot is her very obvious confidence. This is a woman who very clearly loves herself and doesn't give a rat's backside what anyone else might think.