Lose 5 Pounds A Month- May 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• concrete_angel
    Options
    I promise I would weigh in on Fridays. Been a little busy the last couple of Fridays to log in here and post. But since this is the last Friday and today is my birthday. I promise that I would. Sooooo here is the low down on my numbers for the month.

SW May 8th: 309 lbs
    GW May 28th: 305 lbs

CW May 28th 303...

So I think I did good for the month..
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    So Friday check in.

May 1 162.2
    May 7 160.4
    May 14 159.6
    May 21 156.6
    May 28 155.6

One more pound gone. Its a good week. I think it wasn't quite as stellar because of several things. Stress about turning 50. New intense strength training exercise program (water in the muscles) and the one cocktail I had yesterday to celebrate. Don't get me wrong I am thrilled with the pound its just that I was down to this weight on Tuesday so I was hoping for more. Its all good. 6 6 pounds for the month is awesome and the month isn't even really over yet.

congrats to those who have lost and good luck to those who haven't. Just stick to it it will come off. and think about how healthy you are getting. Have a great Holiday weekend.
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    plateau has been broken! :D I've officially lost 4.5 lbs! YES! :D
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to You!:drinker: :flowerforyou:

Thank you! My students made a big Happy Birthday sign for my desk and got me a huge cake. I feel very special today. My guy didn't say anything this morning before I left for work (I am use to this, just the way he is, so I was not mad, lol) but then he called and said our 4 year old told him on her way to school not to forget to tell me happy birthday today :laugh: OMG do I love that child!
    I ate so much crap today! My co-workers took me to lunch, I had cake, and my mom and family are taking me to dinner. So I might not weigh in tomorrow :devil: we shall see how I feel in the morning.

Thank you Robin! Happy Birthday to you also! Don't feel bad about being 50, you are just wiser that's all. :flowerforyou:
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    plateau has been broken! :D I've officially lost 4.5 lbs! YES! :D

Awesome! Congratulations! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • caropowell
    caropowell Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    "But since this is the last Friday and today is my birthday."

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day!
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    I am not sure why the above didn't post yesterday, I thought I had sent it last night.

I don't think I can make it to the gym today to weigh but I am going to go to the exercise room tonight after work so I can still get in a workout. This week and next week is really busy at work but after that I should be able to drop the few I gained this month. I know I didn't lose 5, in fact I might have even gained 5, oops. :embarassed:

Hope you all have a great day!
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone for weight losses, happy days and HAPPY FRIDAY! wahoo! :drinker:

I hope NO ONE has to work on Monday! Enjoy your weekends with friends family and get in a little bit o' fitness!

My weigh in is Monday but I will revise it to Tuesday for sake of the long weekend. See you all in June! :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Happy Birthday to all of you Geminis! We just celebrated my mom's birthday (yesterday) as well as my brother-in-law's (the 20th.) Lots of May birthdays!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to all you birthday people! :flowerforyou: Hope all have a GREAT holiday weekend!

My weigh in is Monday as well....will try to do so then if I'm home, as I may be camping. Otherwise I will weigh in Tuesday!

Only 1.8 lbs to go for my May goal & then I will be 18 days ahead of my personal goals! YIPPEE!!! :bigsmile:

I :heart: MFP!!!!
  • shawnae2
    shawnae2 Posts: 105
    Options
    Happy Birthday to Everyone!! Congrats to everyone with weight loss!!! And if no weight loss stick with it you ladies are AWESOME!!
    Even though this week was not a very good one I made sure I got my excercise everyday even if it wasn't much! Was really glad when I jumped on the scale this morning!!

Starting Weight November 2009- 300lbs (my breaking point where I said enough)

Challenge Starting Weight - 272.6

05072010 Weight - 268
    05142010 Weight - 269.2
    05232010 Weight - 267.3
    05282010 Weight - 266.4

Challenge Goal Weight - 267.6

Ultimate Goal Weight 165

Getting closer to the bottom number every week!!! Yay can't wait for next months challenge!!:happy:
  • shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a HRM this weekend. Which ones do you LOVE? I need suggestions because I have NO idea which one to get!
  • rjadams
    Options
    I have a polar ft 7 and I love it. it even wished me a hppy birthday yesterday by displaying a birthday cake under the time. :smile:
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    I have a polar ft 7 and I love it. it even wished me a hppy birthday yesterday by displaying a birthday cake under the time. :smile:

lol, I have that one also but I didn't see my cake because I didn't workout :laugh:
  • onyxlibra7
    onyxlibra7 Posts: 93
    Options
    I am ALL THE WAY IN babyyy!!! Yayy..I'm excited. Although I think I'll be going for the JUNE mark..=)
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hello, Well here we are nearly at the end of the month and its been a good one for me :smile: i'm down another pound.....

Starting Weight with MFP on 1/12/10........164.5

Weight on 5/1/10............................................138

Weight on 5/7/10............................................136

Weight on 5/14/10..........................................134

Weight on 5/21/10..........................................132

Weight on 5/28/10..........................................131

Goal Weight for end of May..........................133

Final Goal Weight...........................................126

WOW if I managed to lose 5 pounds in June i'd be at my final goad weight !!!!YAYYYY
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I know it's bad to weigh yourself in the evening :frown: , and even worse when it's TOM :sad: .. I never have weighed myself unless it's the morning but I was curious to see just how bad it would really be. So I nervously got on the scale and said to myself (and the dog as Shadow is literally that, a shadow..) :grumble: "You will probably regret this, remember it's just for the hell of it..".. but I supposedly lost 1.5lbs since last Friday :happy: ...here's hoping to a full 2lbs in the morning. Either way I have made my monthly goal!! Will have full monthly report in the morning, we are headed to the Ozarks either late tonight or super early in the morning as my hubby is getting laid off from his job (two days after I am no longer at my job.. :frown: sigh). See you all in the a.m. and have a wonderful weekend. Xoxox :heart: Bru
  • rjadams
    Options
    brunettewife, I can relate to the job loss. I got married last year and cam back from my honeymoon for one week of work and was then laid off. I have now been unemployed for 1 year and 3 days. it sucks. My husband is still employed but comes home everyday worried about his job ( he works for the same company that laid me off) We make do and get by and so will you. it all happens for a reason. congrats on the weight loss. I know that I weigh 3 pounds more before I go to bed than I do in the morning. so good luck with tomorrows weigh in. :smile: :happy:
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    HI PALS:
    Lost a pound so I made the goal for May. Yippeeee. I don't know what June will look like since I have guests coming, school will be out and I won't be on my regular routine that I have had the last 9 months. Summer always presents a whole new set of routines to get used to. While my friends are here visiting for 10 days we will be on a NIle cruise for 5 of those days. and you know how cruises are... I hope to fine a way to exercise and make healthy food choices at the food bars. I have worked so hard to get where I am I don't want to BLOW IT.

JUST wanted to let you know that while all of you are off celebrating Memorial day, I'll be working!!! NO holiday for me until After the 3rd and then HELLO SUMMER VACATION until AUGUST.
    :heart: :heart: love ya all Phyljen
  • rjadams
    Options
    congrats on the loss PhylJen.

So although it isn't an official weigh in I lost another pound on the scale this morning. I wouldn't say anything but this pound did something amazing. It put me in the Healthy BMI range. I am no longer overweight. Wooo hooooo!

I feel great. All I can say is that my insane workout weeks of 7000+ calories and my 16+ glasses of water a day along with healthy food choices is really paying off. Good luck everyone.