Calling all HAPPILY married people for 20+ years...

Options

Replies

• squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Have been with my hubby for 31 years this coming September :heart: and will have been married for 25 years this October :heart: Lots of ups and downs along the way, but blessed with 4 beautiful children (our 1st grandchild due in 3 weeks :bigsmile: ) Hard work but well worth it! :love:
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have been married for 21 years this May. My husband is my very best friend! We have a beautiful son. We share everything, including losing weight. I have lost 135 pounds and he has lost 122 pounds!
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Going on 24 years, and cannot imagine life w/o him. He makes me laugh. He supports me in all that I do. He drives me crazy. He even ticks me off. But I love him, respect him, and would not want it any other way. I'm so lucky.
  • ellabelle0310
    ellabelle0310 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    12 years come October with my best friend. Married him when I was 17, and everybody said we wouldn't make it through a year..I can't imagine what life would be like without him. We have hit a great groove in the past couple years, really enjoying each others company and our time as a family. I'm looking forward to the next 12 years and beyond.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    What a great thread OP! My husband and I celebrated our 23rd anniversary last December. Can't believe how fast the time has gone by. My first husband passed away after 5.5 years of marriage. We would have been married 33 years. I think about him often, especially when I see our daughter and her daughter. But when I met my current husband, I literally could see sparks flying. There have been sparks flying ever since! Some of those sparks gave us a son. haha
  • terrib1980
    terrib1980 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Been married 3.5 years (together 6.5). Still fairly newly married, but we are in it to win it! Even though there are ups and downs sometimes, we ALWAYS have eachothers backs. We've come so far and been through so much already in these first few years together. I can't wait to see how the rest of our lives play out together :happy:
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    It will be 50 years this coming August and he's still my favourite guy.
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Married a year and a half, together for 9.
  • grammiejul
    grammiejul Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've been happily married for 32 years. He's my everything!
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Happily married for 18 years this year to my best friend :)
  • chefmomster2
    chefmomster2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    31 1/2 years here. We met on a blind date during the only three months (pre-marriage) when we lived in the same state!

To this day he brings me breakfast in bed on Sunday morning and coffee each of the other days of the week. He does our laundry and the grocery shopping and even cooks our supper a couple of times a week.

Of corse I also do everything I can for him too. Marriage won't work with 50/50. When it comes to such an important relationship only 100/100 will do.

The secret to our success? Committment. It is never, "Can we work this out?". It is ALWAYS "How do we make this work?". Failure is NOT an option!

Disclaimer: I don't say no one should ever end a marriage. I admire the courage of those who leave due to abuse, alcohol/drug abuse, adultery, and other tragic circumstances. I am opposed to ending a marriage as a cop-out. People can and do love one another for a lifetime. I'm one of them.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Together for 23 years and married for over 13 years.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been married for 40 years. He is kind, loyal and loving and is my best friend. He has been a great husband and provider, and father, in addition to now being a wonderful grandpa, whose grandchildren adore him. He is a retired scientist and is the smartest man I know, but he is also a faith-filled man and I respect him more for that than all of his worldly accomplishments (and they are many). I cannot imagine my life without him. :heart:
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I didn't get it right the first time but I definitely did the 2nd time!!!! Been together for 25 years and married for 23 this coming June. Hasn't always been easy but there has never been any question of where we wanted to be!
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    And I just want to say this is awesome reading these posts! How inspiring you all are!!!!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    We will be hitting our 20th wedding anniversay in June. Started dating in high school, survived a teen pregnancy (our daughter's an RN now, with no student loans and she just bought a house... so NaNaNa to all the naysayers who thought we should have given her up!), married young (20 & 21) and still madly in love with each other 24 years later! It takes work, lots of compromise and most importantly you each have to care about the others happiness over your own. It really just gets better with time. :heart:
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    We"ve been married for 25 years this coming June. By putting God in the center of our marriage, we can get through anything. We have 3 amazing children , two in college and one graduated college and is married. We are now having the time of our lives!!!!!
  • kzcortes
    kzcortes Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Nice to think it's still possible. Been with my girl for only 4 months - so I can't really say anything - but I do believe in long term relationships.
  • mathteacher2010
    mathteacher2010 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    What a great forum idea! I married my best friend in 1975 and we are always amazed at how much we have accomplished in 38 years! Right now, we are having a great time doing MFP together, which show how little it takes to entertain us! LOL We are looking forward to 38 more years of great times! :flowerforyou:

We were married in '75 too! Wouldn't trade him for anything! :love:
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Again, thank you so much! Very encouraging and positive.