What is the biggest unexpected surprise after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    There are way too many great things that have happened since I lost 60 lbs, but the most unexpected is that at 58 I don't hurt anymore. I was 250~260 for about 12 years and it was taking it's toll. Now I get out of bed and nothing hurts. I can walk forever, run 6 miles or cycle 50 miles and nothing hurts. I feel like I'm 30 again. Simply amazing.

yep, hubby used to say I had stock in advil...feet, back ...everything ached...no more!!! Oh and I spring up from bed again not like a 90 year old!!!
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    It's great to hear so many of these replies. It inspires my, because a lot of them are what I want to happen. Especially increased sex drive (it is so low right now, even though my husband has never known a skinny me), wanting to be in pictures (if things stay the same, my kids will have very few pics of me when I'm gone), more energy to keep up with my active family, and most of all happy & self confident about myself.
    I am not looking forward to feeling cold easier (I'm rarely cold) or the possible saggy skin. Also, paying for new clothes, getting new clothes yes, just not forking over the money. Thrift stores here I come.
  • olores
    Options
    I got my "V" back!

LOL!!! bump
  • THEErikaR
    THEErikaR Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm cold...All the time...But it's a small price to pay.

THIS!!
    "cold" skinny ppl used to get on my nerves! I'm far from skinny, but I'm def alot cooler now! lol
  • olores
    Options
    bump
  • ToFatToBeSick
    Options
    Bump
  • olores
    Options
    I find myself constantly rubbing my sides of my waist and hips as the rolls of fat are no longer there and it feels good....able to slide in to a booth at a restaurant and have room....plenty of room in front of me.....no anxiety of squeezing through those metal spinner things... LOL) ...body counters.....I rememebr when one summer on the broadwalk, my hubby and I stopped to eat at an outside restaurant....I sat down in one of those plasitc resin chairs and felt the legs about to split.....I jumped up and told him I didn't want to eat there and he never knew why......but no longer any panic with those flimsy looking chairs.....able to cross legs.......walk confidently.......love going to the gym and trying new things.........proudly speak up my weight loss journey which is an open book and no longer a shameful secret......the ability to spring up in the morning and not have to move slowly due to the body aches and pain..........no longer own stock in advil................look for parking spaces that are distant and not need to ride around 4X until one opens up.............welcome the steps as activity!.............still have difficulty in shopping bigger sizes even though I'm 6 sizes down!...........feeling shoulder bones....amazing............seeing my son look at me and smiling, loves my accomplishments.............. the feeling of not being the largest in the room is overwhelming..........and no more snoring!!!!
  • cunnart
    Options
    I never became "attractive". I thought I would. I've still never been flirted with, hit on, or had a drink bought for me the way all my other friends who've lost weight said they had once they lost weight.

I always thought being slimmer would mean I was automatically going to be good-looking. it was a pretty big eye-opener when that didn't happen.

so i got all depressed about it and gained the weight back
    Shame you feel this way you look very pretty in your pictures.
  • Mindochka
    Mindochka Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think the one (besides health) that I enjoy the most is being able to cross my legs easily again!

Agreed lots of great benefits but this one above is a pleasant surprise that I have noticed a lot lately. :)
  • 4ever420
    4ever420 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    - I sweat way less than I used to. Didn't realize how easily sweaty I become just from minor physical activity until I lost weight and now I mainly just sweat from working out :)

- I'll glance at my arm or leg and temporarily be concerned about a bump then realize it's a bone!

- I feel so much more free to enjoy life and not worry so much about fitting in booths, breaking lawn chairs etc.

- feeling slightly obsessed with fear of gaining my weight back, especially since people are really noticing the changes. I'm terrified of falling off the wagon and people seeing me gain weight and thinking "she's gaining all that weight back, what a shame".

- Lots more attention from people in general. Sometimes makes me feel awkward so it'll take some getting used to. Also might be my imagination but men seem to smile, say hi, open doors etc. for me more often.
  • mrpage789
    Options
    How it has motivated many people around me to lose weight.
    Trying to find money for new clothes
    How much better I feel overall
  • HealthyNowForever
    HealthyNowForever Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am more active now. I do my workouts, but when I am done, I do not sit on the couch and watch tv. I am much more active throughout the day. I walk places, hike, play football with the kids. I am just very different from the person I used to be.
  • lpherman01
    lpherman01 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I never became "attractive". I thought I would. I've still never been flirted with, hit on, or had a drink bought for me the way all my other friends who've lost weight said they had once they lost weight.

I always thought being slimmer would mean I was automatically going to be good-looking. it was a pretty big eye-opener when that didn't happen.

Don't sell yourself short. Lose the weight and find a new look. Go to a salon and get a complete makeover. Let someone else find the beauty that is in you, and maybe you will start seeing it for yourself. Once you do, others will notice.
  • mili5726
    mili5726 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lonasue32
    Lonasue32 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    To CUNNART: I think you are beautiful, not sure where you got that you weren't attractive. I hope someday you can see yourself through different eyes.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Well I lit my sleeve on fire because I was still trying to wear a sweater that was from 100lbs ago while I was grilling... It was rather surprising. Does that count?
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    only thing that surprised me once is that I didn't get sweaty and all tired after cleaning the house floor :P
    I was never really 'fat', at my heaviest I was 141lbs (I'm 5'3'') so no big changes here...
  • chobbler
    chobbler Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would think the improvement with all the weight loss is better sex. i could be wrong. but that is one of my motivations lol.

This!

My stamina has gone through the roof.
  • Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options

Just because the guys arent hitting on you, or flirting, doesn't mean your not attractive! If your not happy and comfortable with yourself, you could be putting out the wrong signals. The next time you go out, get the " I look good and i know it " attitude and see what happens.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!