Girls with large frames progress pics please ?

1232425262729»

Replies

• Lynnie_Loo
    Lynnie_Loo Posts: 3 Member
    bump
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    http://www.fitnessandfreebies.com/fitness/bodyframe.html

I have heard of elbow measurement as an indicator too.
  • KristinaW506
    KristinaW506 Posts: 19 Member
    I have always been considered to have a large frame. I’m 5’7. Over the course of the last few years, mostly in the past 5 months, I’ve lost 60lbs, still about 15-20lbs away from goal but I will see as I get there since I’m at my lowest I’ve ever been as an adult right now I’m not sure what I look like any lower.

Before – 225lbs

57a2dfd2-88ef-445b-8e14-cda0dd818de1_zps91770e22.jpg

Today – 165lbs

f054c2e0-1ea4-43b3-a2e4-a009a7bd8864_zps18ea001a.jpg

* I tried resizing the pictures but it doesn’t seem to do anything!
  • cals83
    cals83 Posts: 131
    no it's not. frame size is about the size of your ribs, shoulders and pelvis, not the size of your wrist.

I agree with this. I have small wrists but still think I have a large frame.
  • I3ernadette
    I3ernadette Posts: 34 Member
    i played soccer and rowed crew in college; I'm 5'10.5", weighed 200 pounds, and had less than 20% body fat. my bra size was 42B, my wrists were 6.5". My mom's 6'2" and wears a 36DD, even though she had a higher bf% than I did. there is a massive amount of variation in the human skeleton; the argument that big boned people are all just fat is specious.

... end rant ...
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    I'm large framed, i have always had bigger thighs and a "ghetto bootie". I have hips and curves, I'm not a stick figure,k never have been and really don't want to be. I'd be happy with just being "healthy"
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Progress photos as I still have 20lbs I want to lose, but here are some.

4691731_7000.jpg
    181lbs, 37-29-46, (28% BF) - 195lbs, 40-32-48, (31% BF)

4691731_1122.jpg

My goal is 18-20% BF, and for me thats around 160-165lbs, (BMI says 155 for me is "healthy") At 180lbs my hip bones and ribs already are visable.

As for "frame" rib/underbust is 32, wrist is 6.5" for that method.
  • HealthyNowForever
    HealthyNowForever Posts: 45 Member
    I have a large frame. I just put pictures in my blog

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/HealthyNowForever
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Ok....so one of the big things i learned while losing weight...

I am NOT large framed, or big boned...or whatever. Always thought I was....wrists were over 7"...finger and thumb deal never mattered...I have long fingers...so it's worthless.

Now my wrist measures 6.25. I'm average framed for my height...5'8.5". I personally only hear of people saying they have a large frame when they are overweight. Anyone in the healthy weight range seems to be medium. Huh. :)

This is 268-201...I am now down to 194 and a jeans size smaller than the after pic. I should do a new set.

Collages.jpg

I'm so with you. When I was heavy, I swore I was "large framed" and I couldn't be "thin"...I'm 148 and 5'11 now (34 years old) and I couldn't look or feel better. My wrists are 6.5in now, but when I was above 190 they were over 7...they were fat!
  • HealthyNowForever
    HealthyNowForever Posts: 45 Member
    Here is what I found on line for figuring out body frame......

For women whose height is 5 feet 2 inches to 5 feet 5 inches, a small body frame will have a wrist measurement of less than 6 inches; a medium body size will have a wrist measurement from 6 to 6.25 inches; a large body size will have a wrist measurement of more than 6.25 inches.

For women whose height is more than 5 feet 5 inches, a small body frame will have a wrist size of less than 6.25 inches; a medium body frame will have a wrist size from 6.25 to 6.5 inches; a large body frame will have a wrist measurement of more than 6.5 inches.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    you are doing great!
  • jillybaby86
    jillybaby86 Posts: 66 Member
    I have always been considered to have a large frame. I’m 5’7. Over the course of the last few years, mostly in the past 5 months, I’ve lost 60lbs, still about 15-20lbs away from goal but I will see as I get there since I’m at my lowest I’ve ever been as an adult right now I’m not sure what I look like any lower.

Before – 225lbs

57a2dfd2-88ef-445b-8e14-cda0dd818de1_zps91770e22.jpg

Today – 165lbs

f054c2e0-1ea4-43b3-a2e4-a009a7bd8864_zps18ea001a.jpg

* I tried resizing the pictures but it doesn’t seem to do anything!

You look great!!!
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    I came across this:

Instructions
    Warp your thumb and longest finger on one hand around your other wrist. Be sure to wrap around the smallest part of the wrist.

Compare this measurement to the following test: If your thumb and finger overlap, then you are small-framed. If they touch, then you are medium-framed. If they have a gap, then you are large-framed. This is the first body frame size test.

Use body frame size test two: Measure the smallest part of your wrist, using a tape measure. You might be able to do this on your own, or you might need help.

Compare this measurement to the following chart for women: If your height is under 5 feet 2 inches, then a small body size will have a wrist measurement of less than 5.5 inches; a medium body size will have a wrist measurement from 5.5 to 5.75 inches; a large body size will have a wrist measurement of more than 5.75 inches.

For women whose height is 5 feet 2 inches to 5 feet 5 inches, a small body frame will have a wrist measurement of less than 6 inches; a medium body size will have a wrist measurement from 6 to 6.25 inches; a large body size will have a wrist measurement of more than 6.25 inches.

For women whose height is more than 5 feet 5 inches, a small body frame will have a wrist size of less than 6.25 inches; a medium body frame will have a wrist size from 6.25 to 6.5 inches; a large body frame will have a wrist measurement of more than 6.5 inches.

According to this I have a small frame. My fingers overlap all the way to the first knuckle (although I have long ET fingers). And my wrist measurement is just under 6 inches (I'm 5'10). I have a small ribcage but fairly broad shoulders.
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    According to all the wrist tests/measurements I have a large frame... although I'm not sure if that's an entirely accurate way to gauge frame size... I'm still a work in progress, but here are my progress pics. Sorry about the size of these pics...

Summer 2011 (197 lbs)
    b4_zps59e2c399-1_zps07fdbd1a.jpg

Sumer 2012 (165 lbs)
    temporary_zpsa1619697.jpg

Now (145 lbs)
    Photoon2-16-13at1257PM6_zpscd17e095.jpg
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    diw-large-frame.jpg
  • My numbers have never matched my look and my entire family used to make fun of me because my numbers and sizes said I was "fat" even though looking back 20 years, I looked great!! I cannot tell you how much seeing your pics at 183 have motivated me! I keep looking at the numbers and the fact that according to my height I am "supposed" to weight 150lbs as a max weight. that means that I would have to lose almost 120 lbs.....the numbrs are staggering so I quit before I even try!! But, you look amazing and your numbers seem achievable to me!! Thanks for helping my brain (even if for a temporary reprieve) break the stereo type of what my numbers are supposed to be vs. looking and feeling great!! Great Job! :)
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    I am definitely big boned. I was born a very large baby and just kept on getting bigger. I will never be a size 6 or weigh 120lbs, but I am perfectly fine with that! My large frame enables me to build more muscle and be super strong, which I much prefer over being "skinny" :wink:

So this was me at 323lbs (my starting weight) and a tight size 26
    Before-MothersDay2010.jpg

And this was me on Valentines day at 186lbs and a size 12 (the dress I'm in is a size 10!!)
    5d20940f-0fc7-494e-a2c7-6de7a21e57b8_zps58bf1a02.jpg

My final goal weight is about 160lbs and a size 8.
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    :laugh: BAHAHAHA!
    diw-large-frame.jpg
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    What difference does it make what frame size? Everyone body's type is different. We could have the same wrist measurement and be the same hieght. One of us could have a large behind and no chest. While the other could have no behind but a big chest. Look at yourself naked in the mirror and judge by fat that you see. If you see ribs or your eyes are sunk in or your chest is gone you've went to far. If you look flabby and saggy or dimply then keep going. We all say we are losing weight for health and although that maybe true. It's also true that we want to look better as well and we want to belong. Overweight and obese people are judged, and discrimated against everyday. Most overwieght and obese people don't even like themselves. Just be selfish. just do it for yourself and until you feel good. #$%# everyone else. What you like in your body is most important.

WARNING if you have an eating disorder judging by physical appearance can not be done.
  • jinjin8
    jinjin8 Posts: 220 Member
    I am definitely big boned. I was born a very large baby and just kept on getting bigger. I will never be a size 6 or weigh 120lbs, but I am perfectly fine with that! My large frame enables me to build more muscle and be super strong, which I much prefer over being "skinny" :wink:

So this was me at 323lbs (my starting weight) and a tight size 26
    Before-MothersDay2010.jpg

And this was me on Valentines day at 186lbs and a size 12 (the dress I'm in is a size 10!!)
    5d20940f-0fc7-494e-a2c7-6de7a21e57b8_zps58bf1a02.jpg

My final goal weight is about 160lbs and a size 8.

You look amazing! Well done :)

I love this thread (although some disagree about the whole large frame thing, I love seeing progress pics from those with similar heights and body types to me!

Im now maintenance after loosing over 100 pounds - here's my update with pics.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/978459-101-lbs-down-in-maintenance-w-pics

Keep fighting the good fight ladies :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!