looking for breakfast ideas

Options

Replies

• SayRah
    SayRah Posts: 104
    Options
    I have honey nut cheerios and Silk soy milk in light vanilla. Often I have a midmorning snack. Usually it's yogurt or an apple.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Love me some breakfast! Its my favorite meal.

my go to quick fave is my version of a egg mcmuffin.

I double fiber wheat english muffin
    1/2 cup southwest eggbeaters
    1 slice joseph farms marbled jack cheese
    2 slices canadian bacon.

Make the eggs in the microwave and heat the meat cheese and muffin in the toaster oven.

perfect!

oh and it = 320 calories.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I love the flavour of the southwest eggbeaters.

I switch between breakfasts, depending on my shifts/time.

1/2 cup Multigrain cheerios.
    1/4 cup rolled oats
    1/2 cup almond milk
    along with a Protein shakes/smoothies

Egg white western omlette.
    1/4 cup egg whites
    1/4 cup egg beaters - Right now it's egg creations cheese and chive.
    2 oz ham
    1 slice onion
    1 piece red pepper
    1 slide of Dempsters whole grain toast

This weekend I made for my 2nd time and will repeat again cottage cheese pancakes.
    These were wonderful. I blended the cottage cheese with the milk to get rid of the lumps
  • channyb
    channyb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    my favorite breakfast is plain oatmeal mixed with frozen blueberries, microwaved until cooked, with dry curd fat free cottage cheese mixed in for protein.
  • DocNorton
    DocNorton Posts: 43
    Options
    Weekdays I have golden syrup porridge oats - 2 mins in microwave and they keep me going for a cpl of hours... Sometimes I'll chop a banana in there... Calories are about 200 + 60 respectivly

Weekends when I have more time to cook I will have 2 eggs scrambled and 2 slices of toast and throw a bit of tobasco sauce instead of salt - genius discovery by the way ! Calories are 50x2 + 100x2 (add about another 50 for butter on the toast and for cooking the eggs) = 350 Cals

Don't be tricked by orange juice - loaded with Vit C but also full of sugar !
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump Great post!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been eating one scrambled egg with 1 serving of Multigrain Cheerios and apricot. This morning I also had a banana before I went to the gym, then had my typical breakfast.
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    I eat a Fiber Plus bar + an orange or an apple + 1 piece of string cheese

(I eat at work - so I have to have easy stuff to put in my lunch bag :tongue: )
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    WOW a lot of great suggestions! I have never been a breakfast eater but I have started since I have been on MFP! Thanks everyone!
  • TizMeAim
    TizMeAim Posts: 13
    Options
    I too am not a breakfast person however I have been making myself a egg white omlette, with dry high fiber toast and some salsa and sour cream and it is yummy! I am on weight watchers and for 3 egg whites, 2 slices high fiber dry toast and 2tbsp sour cream it is only 4points! salsa and veggies are 0points chesse is fattening so I avoid it.. good luck
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I like to have a sourdough english muffin with sunflower seed butter and no sugar added jam.

weight watchers makes great quesadill and egg/muffin sandwiches which I like to eat when I need a quick breakfast.

I love cream of wheat.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    When I want a change from my Vector cereal, I like to poach 2 eggs in 1/2 cup good marinara sauce. I round out the meal with a slice or 2 of whole grain, low fat bread. It's actually not much more than my Vector with milk for calories!
  • nikkieliivey
    nikkieliivey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love to have a smoothie b/c it is quick, easy, and most importantly, portable. I only have them when I know I am going to do some vigorous exccercise that day b/c it is a bit higher in carbs but it is really healthy regardless. Also, I used to spend a ton of money at smoothie joints that claimed to be healthy but the lord only knows what they truly put in those things. I think this recipe makes and even better tasting smoothie that is cheaper...and I know exactly what is in it.

Berry & Banana Smoothie

1/2 Frozen Banana
    1 Weight Watchers Yogurt (or light yogurt of your choice), preferably vanillar flavor- recently I have been experimenting with greek yogurt for lower carb..this works well too!
    1 cup of frozen mixed berries
    1 cup of almond milk or light soy milk- you may need more or less depending on how you like the consistency of your smoothie
    1 tbs of flax seed oil ( I like the spectrum brand with ligans)

Just blend it al together. It taste soooooo delicous. It makes a lot of smoothie and is about 450 calories.

Hope you enjoy!
  • marquesj
    marquesj Posts: 47
    Options
    :happy:
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Nothing says you have to eat 'breakfast food' for breakfast. While I do usually eat cereal with fresh fruit, I also sometimes have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. :) Then again, I'm also a person that loves french toast and scrambled eggs for lunch or dinner. :)
  • RebeccaAnne219
    RebeccaAnne219 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Veggie Quiche

1 carton of Egg Beaters (I like the southwestern style)
    1 10 oz chopped frozen spinach (thawed, drained)
    Any other vegetables
    1 package shredded low fat cheese (I use Mexican)

Cook for 20-25 minutes in 350 degrees.

I either use muffin tins or cut them in slices and eat it through out the week. It's delish with Frank's Red Hot. :)
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    #1 protein smoothie

#2 Half of a wheat bagel with a little bit of chream cheese and a banana = less than 280-300 calories

#3 oatmeal ( i put a scoop of unflavored whey protein powder in it)

#4 scrambled eggs and turkey sausage links
  • Jeansattic
    Jeansattic Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi, just found your question while scanning the topics. I never have liked breakfast either, but if I am up for
    awhile, I can usually eat. ( I couldn't do that when I was working, but now am home most days)
    Anyway, I have found if I eat oatmeal (I add raisens & cinnamon) it not only is good, but sticks with me all day !!
    Good luck !
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Don't forget: Sliced apples and melted JIF peanut butter. :smooched:

I like this too and it's different: Three hard boiled egg whites, one hard boiled yolk. Fork smash them on a plate. Salt and pepper to taste and add just a drop or two of balsamic (or other) vinegar. Very tasty IMHO.