Am I being unrealistic?

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    It's called ABUSE! Or can't you tell? It's emotional abuse and there are shelters that you can just pack up your **** and move to. Look them up in your area and yes they can come and pick you up!

This ^^

They will get you out of there and they can help you.
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    remember people, we are only getting 1 side of the story

for all we know shes a neat freak...

Yay, Him shaving his pubic hairs and leaving them all over the bathroom makes me a neat freak. . .
    Him tipping over a full can of soda and leaving it in the carpet to rot... Yep, Im a neat freak for sure.
    I consider myself normal.
    then you must know his behaviour is abnormal if you consider yourself normal. Ergo, get out. Life is short, live it. You have had numerous posts to back you up that his behaviour is inappropriate, is this going to be enough I ask myself for you to do something about it? What have you learnt from this post? What are you taking with you? My heart goes out to you as I hate to gush I'm with a wonderful man and have been almost 4 years. I wouldn't settle for anything else. Why should I? Same goes for you :flowerforyou:
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Maybe it all just boils down to 2 truths:
    1) He is using her as a maid.
    2) She is using him for a college education.
  • fpuckett2383
    fpuckett2383 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Of course this is just a public forum and I don't know your personal situation but I will tell you that I volunteer at a domestic violence shelter and am currently in school to be a social worker and you're situation sounds very dangerous. There are many abusive red flags and I am afraid of where your relationship may take you down the road. His behavior is manipulating and I would be worried about your future. I also want to say I don't mean any of this with judgement, just want to give you some personal knowledge that I have. Here is some more information http://www.nnedv.org/resources/stats/gethelp/redflagsofabuse.html
  • photojunk
    photojunk Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I think your using each other its clear you are not attracted to him anymore and resent him so could only be with him for his help while your at college. my suspicions are that once you finish college you will leave him. maybe he knows this and is pushing you away now before you take all his money too.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    :sick: I'm not even sure what to say...
    when I got to 'yellow toothbrush' 'showers once a week' 'skid marks in jeans' and the whole smoking thing I thought I was gonna hurl.
  • kmm0726
    kmm0726 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I dated someone with very simillar habits and tendancies all through high school and college. I felt trapped because when I broke up with him in high school he gained over 60 lbs and became severley depressed. I felt responsible. I spent two years going to college, working two jobs and supporting him. I shut out any of the feelings I had just telling myself it would get better and that I owed this to him. But when I finally walked away it was so freeing. I realized that even if I had to struggle on my own, it was better than being drug down and stuck to someone who had no motivation to do anything or go anywhere in life. I think you know yourself that it is time to move on. Plenty of people are able to work and go to school and it will be scary but you can make it through. You will feel so much better about yourself, your acheivments and your life if you can look back and say you did it yourself, instead of relying on this man to carry you. He clearly does not care about his health and well being and he never will until he is forced to. He is taking advantage of you and abusing you, emotionally. You sound broken, and you should never let a man break you. You have the power to change this situation alone, and the fact that you even posted this means you already know the answer to your own question. Best of luck to you!
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    If he treats his ex the way you say he does, what made you think he'd treat you any better?? Get away from him and look after yourself
  • ZombieBubbles
    ZombieBubbles Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Good goddess you poor girl. Can none of your friends help you? He has basically isolated you. That's typical beginnings of an abusive relationship. Must be something you can dobto get out of this.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Maybe it all just boils down to 2 truths:
    1) He is using her as a maid.
    2) She is using him for a college education.

12 pages later...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    you are all still at it? LOL its a troll thread people!
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    He doesn't floss??????? :noway:
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    S_U_M_M_E_R Posts: 220
    Options
    His ex didn't get fired for him sending naked pics to her co-workers. The state police can confiscate his computer and he would be in jail. And the rest of your story is bologna too. Why would he dry shave for example? This whole thing is just silly. Thanks for wasting 5 minutes of my life which I will never get back.
  • xxtaliaxx
    xxtaliaxx Posts: 123
    Options
    Reading your post made me so depressed. If I were you I would get out as soon as possible. You don't deserve that. He's bringing you down in his own misery and you don't need a man to neglect you like that. A relationship needs two people, not one. I understand that you don't have a job and whatnot. There is no one you know who can help? Friends? The hell what he says about you can't talk to your friends. He's afraid you'll leave him. Which might be his wake up call to see what a great woman he has. Talk to your friends. See if they can help you out.
  • yvnursechick
    yvnursechick Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    st leave walk away and don't go back... If he threats you get a restrsing order. From a formally abused women who has been thier....