sugar is toxic

Options

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Obligatory Def Leppard gif.
    deflepard_zps2706b6fd.gif

this is all confusing. thanks evrybody i guess for the sweet talk.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Obligatory Def Leppard gif.
    deflepard_zps2706b6fd.gif

This is a rather masochistic request if sugar is, in fact, toxic.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Stop listening to the Kombucha mushroom people! All they do is sit around all day!
  • Onperch
    Onperch Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Sugar is toxic to the human body. It is a hepatotoxin. Do a search on YouTube for: Sugar: The Bitter Truth.

It'll take you to a video of Dr. Robert Lustig from the University of California. Lustig has authored over 85 research articles
    and 45 book chapters.

The fiber in fruit makes the difference in how sugar from it is processed. Fructose is a bad deal.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Sugar is toxic to the human body. It is a hepatotoxin. Do a search on YouTube for: Sugar: The Bitter Truth.

It'll take you to a video of Dr. Robert Lustig from the University of California. Lustig has authored over 85 research articles
    and 45 book chapters.

The fiber in fruit makes the difference in how sugar from it is processed. Fructose is a bad deal.
    lol,
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

and 45 book chapters.

But in the end, it all goes away!
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Raspberry ketones.

/end thread
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Basically, it's impossible to go around nitpicking everything and saying, "I can't eat this, that..." Just make sure you aren't OD-ing on the stuff. It does inhibit your ability to fight off sicknesses etc... It all has a chain reaction in the body, but what doesn't? Do your research if you're that concerned but take what you hear from the media with a grain of salt.
  • spirit2nd
    spirit2nd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    look up a book called "Sugar Blues"....it is toxic in many ways. It took 3 weeks to get it out of my system. For one thing it is a major depressant. And yet I've heard so many people say they'd rather be depressed than give up sugar....that's addiction.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    LOLOLOLOLOL such a joke

people worry about the smallest little things
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    It took 3 weeks to get it out of my system.

Get what out of your system? Sugar?

That doesn't even make any sense at all. It's in fact physically impossible. If you actually magically removed all the sugar from your body, you would literally drop dead. If you tried to remove it slowly, your body would just take the things you eat and your own body tissues and literally convert them to sugar.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    If sugar is bad, I don't want to be good.
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    07-26-04.gif

Love!
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    No sugar? Eff that. Because cupcakes.
  • jonnythan
    Options

This is why I love MFP.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

And brownies and cookies and ice cream!
  • k_winder
    k_winder Posts: 65 Member
    Options

That doesn't even make any sense at all. It's in fact physically impossible. If you actually magically removed all the sugar from your body, you would literally drop dead. If you tried to remove it slowly, your body would just take the things you eat and your own body tissues and literally convert them to sugar.

Agreed; that makes NO sense. Your body takes any carbohydrates you consume and converts it to glucose in order to further convert it to pyruvate (which provides energy in the presence of oxygen). This pyruvate can even be converted back into glucose (along with some of the proteins and amino acids you ingest) to aid in keeping you from experiencing hypoglycemia.

You did NOT rid your body of glucose. If you did, you'd be dead.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Agreed; that makes NO sense. Your body takes any carbohydrates you consume and converts it to glucose in order to further convert it to pyruvate (which provides energy in the presence of oxygen). This pyruvate can even be converted back into glucose (along with some of the proteins and amino acids you ingest) to aid in keeping you from experiencing hypoglycemia.

People often fail to understand the function of sugar. The reality is, without the presence of it, your muscles could not function.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Indeed. The body keeps actual free blood sugar within pretty strict limits: about 80 to 110 mg/dL. If you actually get much below 80, you'll experience all sorts of unpleasant symptoms like lightheadedness and you'll pass out.