Two ingredient pancakes (TO DIE FOR!)

Options
1202122232426»

Replies

• cchamil1985
    cchamil1985 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't know if any of you follow blogilates on youtube or anything, but the recipe for the two ingredient pancakes has become an absolute favorite of mine and thought I should share.

Two eggs, one banana.
    They are great. Just mash the banana, then add the two eggs and make sure they are well combined (I usually whisk mine together for a few minutes) and then cook them on your skillet like you would with a regular pancake.
    You can eat the entire batch for only 248 calories! They are absolutely delicious, and I even add some cinnamon to mine for extra flavor, but they're also good without!

This was the original post.

I have been making these since I learned about them. To those who are having problems with the outside burning and the inside being gooey:
    Do you see that knob on the front of the stove? Turn it down... you don't have to cook everything over HI all the time. You want your temp. between MED LOW and MED on most stove-tops for cooking these.

You must use a heat catalyst of some sort when cooking batter in a hot pan like this, other wise all you will get is a patchy pattern of dark brown to black scoring on the pancake, use a low calorie spray on the pan before pouring the batter, otherwise you will never get them to brown right.

When the batter thickens it is ready to flip, I recommend using a thin spatula and spray it with non-stick spray, the best thing for this job would be a pan that you could set over the one you are cooking with and invert the pancake onto it. (That green thing on TV comes to mind).

This recipe works because of the unique carbohydrate structure of bananas. They seem to be designed to be integrated into recipes with.
  • foreverroses123
    foreverroses123 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I will try this for lunch today . It sounds really tasty!
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    bump
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I don't know if any of you follow blogilates on youtube or anything, but the recipe for the two ingredient pancakes has become an absolute favorite of mine and thought I should share.

Two eggs, one banana.
    They are great. Just mash the banana, then add the two eggs and make sure they are well combined (I usually whisk mine together for a few minutes) and then cook them on your skillet like you would with a regular pancake.
    You can eat the entire batch for only 248 calories! They are absolutely delicious, and I even add some cinnamon to mine for extra flavor, but they're also good without!

this sounds scrumptious! might try this for lunch today..
  • vickyplum
    vickyplum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    sounds delish I'll have to try these

thank you xxx
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    keeper
  • dzuli823
    dzuli823 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I even tried these, but the tons of great reviews sold me. My one yr old's behavior epitomized my description best... he took one bite and spit it out. Then... as they sat on his tray, he picked up another and ate it. He ate another after that, then wanted to be done w breakfast entirely.

They are definitely not pancakes. Crepes are the better description. They're not repulsive...you can stand a bite or two, after you get used to the flavor, but really just not tasty. I made them with baking pwdr, flax, cinn and vanilla. I'm a good cook, so I do know what I'm doing as far as how to cook them. It's a banana egg crepe..sort of. The person who said next time they'd just have scrambled eggs next to some mashed banana, was right on.
  • MrsFairycake
    MrsFairycake Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    These sound fabulous!
  • dhickey5350
    dhickey5350 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I made them for myself and my son and we both enjoyed them. I sprinkled a little bit of cinnamon and a dash of vanilla extract also. You can't really compare them to pancakes because they are nothing alike. They are mushy but what do you expect from eggs and banana?. THe one thing I also really liked is that I only used about a teaspoon of syrup - you didnt really need much at all. When I would eat pancakes, I would drench them in syrup! This recipe is such a health alternative to pancakes!
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    I tried these and added cinnamon. they were so surprisingly good! Next time, I will wait until my bananas are a little more ripe, lol :)
  • chicad83
    chicad83 Posts: 15
    Options
    bump