Curvy Does Not Mean Plus Sized!

Replies

• stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    And the sad part about this post is that it's going to get upwards of 100+ B*tchy responses while people with actual questions and concerns on the boards get ignored. Off to go help someone ....

You're right! I'll just let people bash all the body types they want because someone elsewhere is urgently waiting for me to tell them if their tea counts as water or not! Gotta go guys!!

Did you read her post? This girl isn't going to get anything from your response. She's trying to get attention and you're giving it to her. Want to DO something? Make your own post about celebrating body diversity. Be a positive force. Don't feed this troll.

...You're back? I thought you were off helping people.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    And the sad part about this post is that it's going to get upwards of 100+ B*tchy responses while people with the same questions and concerns being expressed over and over again on the boards get ignored. Off to go help someone who doesn't know how to use the search function....

There. Fixed that for you.

Have your responses worked? Has the OP changed her mind yet? I don't agree with her, but I don't see the point in engaging this. I think you're all intelligent people who can do some good. But not here. Make up a post celebrating bodily diversity.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Words are defined by the way they're used. Get over yourself.
  • By your own logic, OP, you can be SKINNY and curvy, /or/ PLUS-SIZED and curvy. Having lost a couple of stone, my body shame was curvy at either end of the spectrum.
  • linxus
    linxus Posts: 87
    I agree. I hate when girls say Curvy when they are just, fat. If your stomach is curvy, then you ain't curvy, you're fat.

Kay so I'm just fat. My hips/butt are big just as my bust. Same way when I was at a healthy weight. But OK, I'm not curvy at all- just fat with no body type whatsoever.
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Thank goodness you didn't post your rant anywhere that "plus-sized" people could read it! That could be interpreted as insensitive.

that's what I was thinking too.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    And the sad part about this post is that it's going to get upwards of 100+ B*tchy responses while people with the same questions and concerns being expressed over and over again on the boards get ignored. Off to go help someone who doesn't know how to use the search function....

Have your responses worked? Has the OP changed her mind yet? I don't agree with her, but I don't see the point in engaging this. I think you're all intelligent people who can do some good. But not here. Make up a post celebrating bodily diversity.

Why are you trying to tell other people what to do or how to act? That's about the same is telling people what adjectives to use to describe themselves.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    I agree. I hate when girls say Curvy when they are just, fat. If your stomach is curvy, then you ain't curvy, you're fat.

I never call myself curvy. If someone asks me my body type I just write "Queen of the Walruses". I hope this pleases you.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Was this really worth it's own post?

no.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    *popcorn*
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    I agree with OP. do you know how hard it is to find a fitted shirt or jacket that does not stretch obscenely in the top or hang like a sack on the belly? As if all the designers think that you must be large to have breasts. So most styles are very unflattering to curvy women by making them look bigger.
  • f09510a4-2801-47bc-a160-6557c8de0507_zps9f7fdc4a.jpg

Am I curvy or fat, OP?

I'm a size 18.

Also, ignore the dirty mirror.

Don't bash because you're insecure with yourself.

^^^^Love this!!!!
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member

Dunno. Not a mindreader. Makes me think of an Emily ****inson quote. Saying nothing sometimes says the most. The OP is not a troll. This is a common complaint. And it's also a commonly accepted one. Yeah, some responses may be a bit snarky, but often times people aren't even aware of how shaming and wrong their ideas are. It's shocking how common it its.

Also, gurl, this isn't tumblr. Ain't nobody got time for that!
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    an Emily ****inson quote

:laugh: Oh, MFP!
  • spaingirl2011

Dunno. Not a mindreader. Makes me think of an Emily ****inson quote. Saying nothing sometimes says the most. The OP is not a troll. This is a common complaint. And it's also a commonly accepted one. Yeah, some responses may be a bit snarky, but often times people aren't even aware of how shaming and wrong their ideas are. It's shocking how common it its.

Also, gurl, this isn't tumblr. Ain't nobody got time for that!

I mean, I was shocked at the OP, too ...

In any case, wishing you all the best on your endeavors. I've just seen so much negativity on the boards, that it was getting to me.

Take care! :flowerforyou:
  • *popcorn*

^^^ I'll join you!!! Bahaha. Pass the salt and butter though, need to feed my curves. :laugh:
  • spaingirl2011

Why are you trying to tell other people what to do or how to act? That's about the same is telling people what adjectives to use to describe themselves.

Apologies if it came out sounding like that. It wasn't how I intended it to.

Best wishes to you and for your endeavors here! :flowerforyou:
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    You could just stop reading crap magazines. That entire line of 'advice' column is about making you feel like you like crap so you buy stuff to stop feeling like crap.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Dear poster - You may be pretty on the outside but you lack all beauty on the inside. Most of these fat women you hate so much are so much more beautiful than you will ever be. It is probably time to stop working on your outside and focus on becoming someone worth the blessings she has been given.
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Was this really worth it's own post? Okay, you're curvy and those fat girls should be called fat because your body type is better and how dare they...:yawn:

get over it.

curvy is subjective, you can be fat and curvy, you can be skinny and curvy, you can be plus sized and curvy. it doesn't matter.
    why people get so bothered about what words other people use to describe themselves is something I'll never understand.

More or less this.
    Also, I've seen a bewildering array of women with no rounded lines on their entire body talk about how "curvy" they think they are.

I'm plus sized and this bugs me from the opposite direction. "Curvy" isn't a body type you can dress for universally- One of the reasons models are super thin and clothing is cut for thin women is because the thinner you get generally the less obvious the differences between body types are and the thicker you get the more variance in measurements you get- a pear shaped size 16 jeans and an apple shaped size 16 are going to look completely different and fitting both into the exact same dress will have unpredictable results. If you are a big girl and a pear shaped, you'd do better looking at the pear shaped advice, and if you're naturally very thin and apple shaped, you're going to have more in common with naturally thick apple shaped gals clothingwise than you will with naturally thin hourglass ladies.

Just write a magazine article about the basic body types- Apple, Pear, Hourglass, and inverted triangle and let the rest take care of itself. There is no universal fat girl manual that's going to magically make all fat girls look good.
This discussion has been closed.