• ohiomomof2
    ohiomomof2 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just catching up on this afternoon's posts and wanted to say:

Happy birthday, Jnkmomm!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    JMKMOMM - Accept my wishes not for a happy birthday, but a happy everyday. My family is also very neutral about celebrations, and I miss the days of my youth when a bday was special and fun. Be good to yourself :flowerforyou:

Have had a little bit of physical setback. Pinched the nerve in lower back, and it hurts something fierce. A couple of chiropractic adjustments should take care of it, but sadly, I had to spend this glorious sunny weekend inside, flat on my back in bed. Only exercise I could do was a very slow shuffle to the fittness room and a spin on the recumbent bike:tongue:

Spring is coming. Can you feel it? I am looking forward to continuing this journey, including all the goals I set for February.

Rori in the Colorado Foothills
  • tammytylerjones
    tammytylerjones Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday jmkmomm! Birthdays are to celebrate, so I am celebrating with you! It's way better than the alternative!
    xoxo
  • tyme4mein2013
    tyme4mein2013 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Resolutions for March:
    *Log on and record progress every day
    *Weigh once a week (not everyday)
    *Increase water consumption
  • Flossy1956
    Options
    Hi JMKMOMM,

Sounds like you need a boost? I last posted on Thursday last week (actually my first since I had just signed up), and can see there's been many posts since then - far too many to read, but I stopped at yours and read it through. My son is like your husband - doesn't seem to think milestone days are worthwhile getting excited about, but in my opinion they are a reason to remember and celebrate those we love. I have decided that in his case, despite his feelings, I still celebrate his birthday because I love him. I also am done waiting for him to remember me on birthdays and Mother's Day, and from here on in I'm reminding him that I want that acknowledgement. I'm not letting him off the hook.

Not sure if sharing this is helpful or not, but just thought I would offer it to you in case it is.

Take care.

Deb
  • Flossy1956
    Options
    Just a P.S. to my last post for JMKMOMM: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
  • jodios528
    jodios528 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    jmkmomm - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile::wink: :laugh: :love: :flowerforyou: :smooched: :heart: :drinker:
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Today is my 63rd birthday. My emotions are totally complaining although my body reminds me that it's true.
    Birthdays in my family aren't that great, at least for me they aren't. My husband thinks any celebrations are useless, senseless. One daughter left me a note on face book but she is going out to eat with us tonight. The other daughter hasn't acknowledged it, my siblings haven't called. I did have one friend that left a face book note. So I am getting more down in the dumps as the day goes on. My Mom would have called and reminded all of them my birthday a couple of days ago and then asked them again today if they called me.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: ♫♪Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you♫♪ Happy, happy birthday to you-ou, jmkmomm!!! If your family won't celebrate, your Vitamin F friends will. :drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart:

:flowerforyou: :drinker: ♫♪We are all coming over to throw you a party....in cyberspace♫♪:drinker: :flowerforyou:

Renny
  • travelgal59
    travelgal59 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    seems the more i go past 50 the harder the weight loss. oh well i will just keep trudging along.
  • lua620
    lua620 Posts: 31
    Options
    Happy Birthday jmkmomm!!!!!! Birthdays are to be celebrated. I will be at the cyberspace party. We better hurry we only have a little under 3 hours. I'll bring the balloons.

PS I see a lot of reference to vitimin F, what is that about?
  • Flossy1956
    Options
    Same here. After 50 (after menopause), I started gradually gaining more and more. I'm now 30 lbs. heavier. Easier to put on, but a whole lot harder to take off! I decided enough is enough, so I'm being very strict with myself, diet-wise and exercise-wise. Hang in there travelgal59.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Marcia - welcome! My daughter lives in Reston, VA

Geri - we are always here for you, no matter what

softblondechi - first of all, welcome! Secondly, as barbie would say, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER give up. You know, many times we don't lose weight, but lose inches. Keep logging in here,

Linda - you are so right, I've found it helps immensely to log in every day and post, even if it's just a short "thinking of you all" post. I wish you didn't have to go thru those surgeries, but once they're over with, they're over with. HIIT on the elliptical is High Intensity Interval Training. I go as fast as I can for 30 seconds, then the next minute I go at a normal pace, then 30 seconds of sprinting, minute of recovery and so on. I have found that many times I listen to an audiobook or something to help pass the time and before I know it, an hour is up!

Jackie - that's wonderful about your shopping, and your dress sounds just gorgeous

Pauline and Roz - your goals sound great. Welcome!

pamela - welcome. Wish I could give you some tips on jogging, but I can't. I'm really not into running. But I know that there are people on here who are, I'm sure you'll get lots of good ideas.

Cynthia - since you'll be adding in exercising, I'm sure you'll lose those 3 more pounds.

I'm sure we have a vegetarian on here, just don't know who you are. Anyway, I sent ds some jello (he says he can't get it so I thought it would be a good idea and he could make it for his gf). Anyway, she's a vegetarian and when I asked what she thought of the jello he said that they gave it away because (and this I didn't know) that there was pork fat in it. How do you know if something contains pork fat? I never in my wildest dreams would have thought of that.

Robin - we've been exercising, so we have big shoulders. We're here for you.

chux - pull up a seat! Glad to have ya on board

jodios - thanks for the listing of the DVD's. I was surprised to see that I have the Personal Training with Jackie Warner one.

Jane - what a great gift you gave by donating blood

Am going to get my hair colored Tuesday so I made these applesauce butterscotch mini muffins. The recipe just sounded interesting to me. Actually, they call for it to be a cake but I made them into mini muffins. Now I have brownies in the oven. Jessica will be here later this week so I'll have them for her then.

Did an hour of balance games on the Wii today. Tomorrow I'll do some yoga and strength train. Not sure yet if they're going to have the extremepump class. If so, I'll go. If not, I'll do a DVD at home.

kwentz - we are very glad to have ya, so come on in!!!

passing grandmalle box of tissues

jmkmomm - happy birthday! Sending you a virtual balloon

kfred - welcome!

rori - feel better fast

Renny - passing the veggie dip for the cyberparty

Still don't know if they'll have the extremepump class or not. Maybe I'll give them a call tomorrow morning.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • cooky56ny
    cooky56ny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Well, It’s hard to believe the weekend is almost over, but on the plus side I got a lot of housework done.
    Sandy, Thank you for replying about the Fitbit zip. I really appreciate your wonderful review. I do like the compactness of it, I’m wondering, does it stay clipped on tight? I have had that clip on style (in pedometers) fall off.:embarassed:
    Denise from SE New Mexico A big welcome to you! I’m sure you will love this thread :flowerforyou:
    Pauline , Cheshire, England. A Warm Welcome to you !:flowerforyou:
    Jackie, what exciting news! I bet you look Fab in your new dress! You'll be :smokin: Hot !
    Nana, I stand with Jo on this one, yes , Please get your Mamo. Survivor here, they suck but are definitely worth it.:smile:
    LindaS in San Diego, Thank you for the welcome! Big congrats to your 53 lb loss ! WTG!:drinker:
    Barbie and MacMadame . Wow you two are so inspiring! Congrats on the 70 and 99 pound losses ! Woot,Woot !:happy:
    Grandmallie, sending you good Karma to feel better soon …Mauh ! :flowerforyou:
    Partygirl2, love the walnuts in the shake idea, Thank you!:love:
    Roz from NSW, Australia, Big warm welcome to you! You will love this thread!:flowerforyou:
    Walkermom58, Congrats on the 25 pound loss! :bigsmile:
    Softblondechi, I have to agree with Marcie from Maryland, Never give up every day is a new blessing! You found a great supportive group of ladies on this group, and we all share the same journey! Small steps lead to big success! Feel free to friend me too. I also have knee problems. :smile:
    Marcie from Maryland, Good point about the processed foods!:happy:
    Pamelalk, Welcome to the group ! I am new to the group also and MFP :smile:
    Wessecg, loosing it is a concern of mine as, I have done that with pedometers, Thinking maybe I’ll end up with the wrist model, I want a new bracelet any ways! Lol :laugh:
    jb_2011 Congrats ! 66lbs wootwoot ! :drinker:
    rjadams, sending good Karma and Peace vibs to you. :heart:
    Chux50, A big welcome to you! :happy:
    kfred 711, Welcome to you ! I also joined MFP in January and am new to the group, you’ll love it ! :happy:
    jmkmomm, Happy Birthday! Celebrating you! :drinker:
    Have a great week every one! :flowerforyou:
  • travelgal59
    travelgal59 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Same here. After 50 (after menopause), I started gradually gaining more and more. I'm now 30 lbs. heavier. Easier to put on, but a whole lot harder to take off! I decided enough is enough, so I'm being very strict with myself, diet-wise and exercise-wise. Hang in there travelgal59.
    .................thank you. you hang in as well.
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    jmkmomm -- Happy Birthday to you!! May you celebrate your health and experience joy every day of the coming year. Your happiness can be your choice. (I got on my husband's case before Christmas and let him know I was tired of having to fill my own stocking each year. He did much better this go round.)

Rori -- I hope you are soon feeling better. YAY for chiropractic, I'm a big fan.

Renny -- feel like I got in a LOT of veggies today. Thanks for the ongoing reminder.

Had to go to Kohl's to pick up slacks and a jacket for DH -- I convinced him he needed a newer suit for the wedding in April. (And maybe something NOT navy blue.)

Below are my exercise goals and the results for January and February -- already behind but still working at it!

Description Mo. Goal January February

Weight sessions 16 9 8
    Total weights* 166,667 137,200 174,935 Have about 21,200 pounds to catch up on.....1 session's worth
    Cardio sessions 24 12 14
    Cardio time 16 hrs 8 hrs 8.4 hrs and clearly a lot of walking to catch up on!!

Nutrition wise, continue to eat well, yet incorporate more raw items and monitor my nemesis, that darned sodium!

* - I want to lift a total of 2 million pounds in 2013.

Made swai for dinner but wasn't much impressed - it just didn't appeal to me tonight and the texture seemed odd. Also did some stuffing and crowder peas that have been in the freezer. (Now that is one visually unappealing veggie... and my DH has yet more bags of them in there.) Also made a blueberry cobbler that was delicious. Coffee is set up for auto pilot for the morning, too.

Finished paying the early March bills and efiled the taxes this afternoon. Need to return a mail order item this week and to remember to call JoAnn's about my sewing machine to see if they can just replace the presser foot. (The ceramic block inside has cracked and really heats up. It is about 40yo, but it a nice heavy metal machine vs the newer plastic ones.)

I was amused on my drive yesterday by a roadside sign that I misread as: Winey Blonde Vineyard. (It was really Winey Blonde Boutique.)

Well, I think I'm talked out for the weekend. Restful sleep to all of you!

Gail, metro Atlanta

Gee - sorry, the goals/actual format didn't translate very well here.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Love a party and a birthday party is the best. Let's have balloons and hats and all sing together. Happy Birthday to you, jmkmomm.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Sue in TX
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the birthday greetings. I got over 100 on face book almost every one of them from my friends I have gotten through the games I have played through the years. Some people are just keepers. I usually get a call form my grand daughters. They sing me a song every time. My daughter knows I like to keep those songs so she calls when she knows I'm not home so it's on the answering machine. I recently had to get a new phone and lost 9 years of any songs or messages they left me. It was a sad day for me but I have to realize that they are just messages. I have their love and I know they are special to me and I am special to them. My daughter brought over one of those message chocolate cookies. She bought a smaller one instead of the big one but it was still a lot of calories. There are several things that it is almost impossible to leave alone. My diet knowledge says to leave it alone but my emotions say eat it. So I finished it all just to get it out of the house.
    Again, thanks for boosting me up.
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    So I finished it all just to get it out of the house.

I LOVE this quote, lol. I just did the same thing with an ounce of gourmet dark chocolate I bought on the way home from a hiking trip, of all places. I planned on it lasting a few days. It didn't make two hours.

Jackie
  • nonnicee
    nonnicee Posts: 38
    Options
    I just did a quick scan of the last 3-4 pages of this thread. My there is so much happening!! I hope everyone had a good day. A special Happy Birthday to jmkmomm. Your last post shows that the day turned around somewhat.

To the member that is having heel pain, look for a book called "Pain Free" by Pete Egoscue (an anatomical physiologist). Several years ago, I found the book and after reading about why we have pain, I tried out the series of exercises he laid out for heel pain and was plesantly surprised that my heel pain improved tremendously. I have not been troubles much since then, but if I think I am heading that way, I just do the exercises again.

It is annoying when a family member or close friend taunts us with foods or our food choices I don't understand why they do that...

Almost all of our snow is gone...schools will open 2 hours late tomorrow, but alas, I still have to be at work at 7 AM.

To the newbie that didn't get the Vit F. It stands for "friends" that you find on this thread.

Take care ladies

Mary in TN
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Jeri, maybe you and I can encourage each other to do our weight training three times a week……I don’t know why that has started to be a problem for me.

:flowerforyou: Marcia, welcome, your goals look very specific and measurable…..keep coming back to this thread for encouragement and support

:flowerforyou: Sundance, when you jump back in you really do it in style…..what a great post full of responses to so many people….you have so much going on in your life right now that you need to connect with us every day and read the posts and just say hello even if you don’t have time and energy for personal responses…you might have noticed that some of the women you love the most on this thread make only short posts…our affection for each other is not proportional to how much each of us writes each day.

:bigsmile: Jackie, finding a dress you like in a size that doesn’t make you cry is an awesome victory…..will you post a picture?

:flowerforyou: Pauline, give your partner some time to get used to your new lifestyle…….most of us don’t have a support group nearby so that’s why we have joined together here.

:flowerforyou: Roz, we are so glad that you have joined us……come back every day (or more often) and jump right into the conversation

:flowerforyou: Walkermom, training for a half marathon is an awesome goal….I walk a lot, but that is beyond me.

:flowerforyou: Denise, those are great goals

:flowerforyou: Pamelalk, you joined the community by posting. Now come back every day and read the posts and respond…….I lost weight with the help of MFP and this thread and have maintained the loss by continuing to do exactly what I did to lose the weight with just a few more calories every day……if you want to jog, start by walking and add on and speed up a little at a time.

:flowerforyou: Cynthia, welcome……I don’t have any trouble walking every day because my dogs are so encouraging but I have been balking lately at my weight training routine…..today I finally put it at the top of the list and got it done.

:flowerforyou: Kathy, congrats on being in onederland…..even though the scale isn’t the only measure of success, there is something pleasing about seeing those major changes in the numbers.

:flowerforyou: Cheryl, I love the pictures of you and the horses…….don’t stress about the exercises….the best exercise is the one you’ll do…..stay open minded and something new might look good one day.

:flowerforyou: Jb, as usual, I love your rhymes……..I tried some days without logging food and it didn’t work well for me so I returned to my familiar good habits

:flowerforyou: Robin, you can vent to us and maybe that will make it easier to not fuss with DH…..we are all cheering for a better job situation for you….stay in the moment and hang in there

:flowerforyou: Jodios, thanks for the list of strength training DVD’s

:flowerforyou: June, those are super goals

:flowerforyou: Lila, happy to see you back with us and glad you had a good trip

:flowerforyou: Jmkmomm, happy birthday…….buy yourself a great birthday present and don’t wait for your family to acknowledge the event.

:flowerforyou: Gail, I love your goal about lifting 2 million pounds in 2013 but the thought of the arithmetic to keep track is giving me a headache.

:flowerforyou: This morning I drove Jake to the ferry so he could go to the hospital in Seattle for the surgery to replace his defibrillator……he walked onto the ferry, then took a cab to the hospital….there’s a hotel facility in the hospital where he’ll stay tonight so he can report tomorrow morning at 6 AM to check in for the surgery….he’ll stay in the hospital overnight tomorrow and I’ll drive over on Tuesday to pick him up (drive to the ferry, walk onto the ferry, take a cab to the hospital then return together the same way).

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington
    1461351h0otf8hco5.gif