Things people do on the treadmill that bug you..

Options

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    One time I was on a treadmill and some lady was in front of me. Without any warning she popped a squat and took a dump right there on the treadmill.

I think she was still going about 2km/ hour at the time.

I was angry, disgusted, and somewhat impressed.
  • karamini
    karamini Posts: 21
    Options
    I don't think many people really care about what others are doing the treadmill, but its hard not to notice!
    That being said, people who are extremely heavy on their feet (so loud that even my music on full blast can't mask the sound) or those who run so close to the front of the treadmill that their legs smash into it as if they are trying to run through the machine always catch my attention. I just don't get it.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm glad I can use the treadmill in my house and no one can judge me. I have SEVERE rheumatoid arthritis. I have balance problems...so yes, I do tend to hold onto the handles...better than falling and at times, I go damn slow if my joints are hurting...better than not moving at all.

I can't believe how petty some people can be. Mind your own business! Do your workout and don't worry about what other people are doing.:angry:

Even when it is against recommended use of the machine and can cause injury?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I don't think many people really care about what others are doing the treadmill, but its hard not to notice!

And we have a winner.
  • fstfrd00
    fstfrd00 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    When people are paying more attention to what you are doing, than what they are doing themselves.

^^^ This
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    One guy does this every time I see him on it. While listening to his music, he will raise his arms above his head while running and pretending he is on the drums. this does not bother me, it's just funny looking.
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Blah, this thread is so negative! Horrible thread to read first thing in the morning.
  • BeautifulCRYS
    Options
    I dislike when people don't clean the treadmill handles.

39245878.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    When people are paying more attention to what you are doing, than what they are doing themselves.

This. I'm self conscious enough in my 3rd week at the gym without knowing the runner on the next treadmill is judging me for holding the handles.

Yup! Worry about your own damn selves people
  • TheWinman
    Options
    walking backwards... i always hope they will fall

Why does that bother you, it's pretty impressive, especially the ones going at least 4-5 MPH?
  • __Aid__
    __Aid__ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    One guy at my old Gym used to wave his arms in the air like he was being attacked by a swarp of bee's

didn't bother me, quite funny really :laugh:
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I only have a tredmill at home, and my bf hates it when I tape somthing to it to hold my ipod in lol
  • Lilyyy7
    Lilyyy7 Posts: 41
    Options
    I love running on the treadmill.

I hate when.... there are millions of open treadmills, and some tool comes and starts running next to me. Umm, why?

I also hate when people run and stare at my treadmill at the same time. I am confident with my running skills, so I will out run most. But stop staring at my machine!

I also hate when there aren't any available treadmills, and I see people talking at 0.5 miles per hour. I realize they are paying the gym membership, but really? Come on.
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options
    I know this is a bike thing not a treadmill one - and I know gyms can be boring - but doing a crossword whilst cycling (slowly I might add)???

Haha this is me! I do crosswords on my iPod while cycling! I like to think I'm cycling fast though :P
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I hate it when someone just stands there and watches me, laughs or makes me get off to help them with something.

Of course, my treadmill is in my basement, and it's usually my 3 year old watching me lol
  • TheWinman
    Options
    I love running on the treadmill.

I hate when.... there are millions of open treadmills, and some tool comes and starts running next to me. Umm, why?

I also hate when people run and stare at my treadmill at the same time. I am confident with my running skills, so I will out run most. But stop staring at my machine!

I also hate when there aren't any available treadmills, and I see people talking at 0.5 miles per hour. I realize they are paying the gym membership, but really? Come on.

You're very attractive, that is why they chose the treadmill next to you. :)
  • gangsterfurious
    Options
    When there is a whole row of empty treadmills and they get on rightnext to me. I know people want others to help pace them but I can't run very long without having to stop and walk because of problems with my back and hip.
  • bmiller211
    bmiller211 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    the other day I had just started my 5k when a guy got on the treadmill directly in front of me evewn though there were at least a couple of dozen empty ones and started going backwards and punching ...this went on for 10 minutes...I didn';t know where to look!!!
  • Rohbean
    Rohbean Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This must be an introvert/extrovert thing.

The extroverts are outside of themselves paying attention to what others are doing, while the introverts are inside their own heads and minding their own business.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I dunno as I'm a relatively new treadmill person. But...

I hold onto the top of the machine sometimes to get my arms above my heart. My hands swell when I'm pushing it, so holding the machine up high helps with the tingling fat hands.

I hope no one judges me when I'm on the treadmill... Last night, I tried jogging and had to pause every so often to fix creeping shorts. lmao :tongue: