Things people do on the treadmill that bug you..

Options

Replies

• kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm glad I can use the treadmill in my house and no one can judge me. I have SEVERE rheumatoid arthritis. I have balance problems...so yes, I do tend to hold onto the handles...better than falling and at times, I go damn slow if my joints are hurting...better than not moving at all.

I can't believe how petty some people can be. Mind your own business! Do your workout and don't worry about what other people are doing.:angry:

Even when it is against recommended use of the machine and can cause injury?

I was referring to the OP complaining about people holding the handles and at least 1 other poster complaining about people going slow on the treadmill. If someone can only walk 1 mph or less safely...then good for them that they're at least moving. Seriously, you don't live someone else's life so how can you judge.
    Now, if someone is doing something that could cause injury...then yeah, maybe someone should speak to them...but that's not what most of these posts are about.
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Who cares what other people are doing
    \

I <3 U!! Exactly! As long as your doing good, who cares about them?
  • Fiesty1006
    Fiesty1006 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This must be an introvert/extrovert thing.

The extroverts are outside of themselves paying attention to what others are doing, while the introverts are inside their own heads and minding their own business.

Ditto this. I'm an introvert... I'm looking around for a change in scenery, but I'm really not paying attention to what anyone else is doing.

Actually - in general people lifting with bad technique bugs me because I worry they will hurt themselves but know its none of my business if they do...

Why don't you offer to help with their technique? Someone, like me, that's newer to lifting... and is worrying that their technique is wrong... might really appreciate it. I'd never ask someone... I'd feel like an idiot. But if someone approached me in a helpful manner, I'd love to get input.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    When they crank up the incline and hang on for dear life.

this! what a pointless work out
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    nvm
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    OP , I sometimes use the handle bar to check my heart rate......its important, as well as sometimes I feel like I need to use it to catch my balance

sorry if it offends you, maybe next time you judge folks, you may want to remeber this..........
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Okayokay, it's not about treadmills.... But I live in DC and run outside. Tourists are constantly jumping in front of me waving their arms and trying to flag me down to take their photos WHILE I AM RUNNING! I'm not walking a dog or strolling with friends I am bundled up in the middle of a ten miler with headphones on! I hate being impolite but I'm honestly shocked that people think this okay and the first few times I pulled out the headphones and heard the question I was just like....what?!? No!
  • lorig_2000
    lorig_2000 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I hate it when all the treadmills are taken up and you see people literally doing the whole workout walking slower than if they were out side having a stroll on the beach! Drives me insane!

Maybe they aren't in really good shape yet.....or they have bad knees.....at least they are moving!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    People who shake their heads and fling sweat all over the people on the treadmills next to them.

That is quite disgusting... :frown: :sick:

ETA: That has never happend to me, but I would think that would be the only thing that would bother me about the treadmill. The weight room is a whole other issue....
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    the only thing that bothers me is when a female in too tight of shorts gets on the treadmill directly infront of me. Because their shorts are too tight, they spend the entire time digging them out of their yoohoo. I don't want to spend my entire run looking at that. :explode:
  • Darcyw4
    Darcyw4 Posts: 44
    Options
    The only thing that bothers me is BO. I was next to a girl on the elliptical machine and she smelled so bad that it made me gag but it was the only open machine. Then when she left, she glared at me like i was the one who smelled! At one point, I was trying to smell my sweaty self to make sure that it wasnt me and I almost fell off the stupid thing. I dont know whats worse though - BO or too much perfume. I understand that we are going to stink a little after getting sweaty but this one smelled like a bag of rotton onions. EWWWWW
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    The thing that bugs me the most is when people can't mind their own business and keep their focus on their workout, not mine... Good grief!
  • jpartin475
    Options
    The only thing that bugs me at the gym are the people who sit on a machine, finished, texting, like no one else wants to use it. I don't care what the person next to me is doing, because it doesn't affect MY workout. I get in the zone and don't even notice what's going on around me. If people around you are bothering you, you aren't working hard enough. :-)
  • cpace4567
    cpace4567 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    lol
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Or if they simply sound like a herd of elephants on that treadmill like the guy yesterday. He wasn't heavy, he just ran heavily, lol.

:)

This is me - I come down HARD when I run. Although, I tend to walk hard too.

Not totally sure it's related, but I have awesome bone density. :)
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    When people are paying more attention to what you are doing, than what they are doing themselves.

^^THIS^^
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    The main thing that bugs me is when people on treadmills get all supercilious. I mean, you're running and going nowhere, who are you to say what other people shouldn't be doing.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    The main thing that bugs me is when people on treadmills get all supercilious. I mean, you're running and going nowhere, who are you to say what other people shouldn't be doing.

:laugh: :laugh: :heart:
  • cpace4567
    cpace4567 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The woman on the treadmill next to me on her phone making this thread.

LOL!!!
  • kelcro40
    kelcro40 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Tell me! What things bug you when they are happening on the treadmill next to you?

One thing to start: When I'm running my miles, the rest of the treadmill people hold their handlebars as if they are in a supermarkt, pushing their cart!

I hold the handles because I don't have great balance. For short periods of time I let go because eventually I hope to not need them. Not everyone is 'pushing the cart'

It pisses me off when I can feel someone continually glancing over. To see what? My numbers? Nunya bi'ness!