What is the biggest unexpected surprise after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• BobSassafrass
    BobSassafrass Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My sex drive went through the roof! I never realized how much my body image and self-esteem affected my libido. But now that I know I look hot, I wanna GET hot, noddamsayin? *Elbow, nudge, wink, wink*

THIS!
  • kelfer80
    kelfer80 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My self confidence is BACK!!! It's really nice to see the old me...it's been a while! And yes the sex is pretty fantastic too!! ;)
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Besides the better sex drive I love it that people don't recognize me and are pleasantly surprised after they do a double take.
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    In regards to everyone talking about their sex drives and such. Now that i have lost over 100 pounds I have noticed that i don't produce nearly as much semen....Anyone else have this same issue? From reading around online is seems like it could be a hormone imbalance.....Yes, I know, it will be brought up to my Doctor at my next appointment.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options

- feeling slightly obsessed with fear of gaining my weight back, especially since people are really noticing the changes. I'm terrified of falling off the wagon and people seeing me gain weight and thinking "she's gaining all that weight back, what a shame".

^This!

I get this angst too... thank goodness for all the positives to balance it off!
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I stopped snoring this week. Wife is happy about that.
  • egresik
    egresik Posts: 9
    Options
    you made my evening with that last sentence:D
  • Mermaidyo
    Mermaidyo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    since no guys have said it. apparently every 30-40lbs you lose youre little soldier is said to gain an inch.

now, im not sure cause i dont have two yardsticks to properly measure but.....

bahahahaah <3 this.

So far mine has been my shoe size!! :)
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    Wait until you have to get rid of the clothes that you thought you'd never fit back into because they are too large.
    This!!! Too cool!!
  • eljeol
    eljeol Posts: 1
    Options
    My seat belt actually comes across my chest as opposed to my neck. That was a big moment for me. I don't know why, but it was lol
  • jezama77
    jezama77 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! I have noticed so many of the same things as everyone else. I have been around or at goal for several years, so I have forgotten many of these. Great reminder! I love especially the ones that are a little silly like the armpits and feeling the collar bones. I was obsessed with my hip bones for awhile. I still find myself fascinated that I have them sometimes! :)
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    My seat belt actually comes across my chest as opposed to my neck. That was a big moment for me. I don't know why, but it was lol

That's just happened for me, and it feels huge for me too! CONGRATS!
  • smerdonc
    smerdonc Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I am now intensely amazed daily by my mental and emotional strength. I have mind bullets now. And my backbone is undeniably fraking HERE.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I keep having to raise my office desk chair higher and higher as the desk gets higher and higher. Oh... that's my "seat" padding getting thinner and thinner causing me to sit lower.

And, it's getting harder to see over the steering wheel.
  • alikat2986
    alikat2986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My confidence is much higher, however people give a lot of "back-handed" compliments "Wow you have gotten thin, you'd better not lose any more!" and "You don't need to be doing that you were fine before".
    Also, friends that don't exercise, don't want to hang out with me and don't want anything to do with fitness. Sad but true.
    It's not stopping me though!!
  • AlexT29
    AlexT29 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Last time I lost weight, I was 17 and lost 40+ lbs. The girls in school still called me fat, and I started to get a lot of unwanted attention from creepy old men. Not all the responses will be positive, but it's accompanied with feeling better and looking better. I also got a boost of confidence so I was ok with giving snarky responses to those people. :wink:
  • dani127x
    dani127x Posts: 17
    Options
    My feet got smaller! Went from a 9/9.5 to an 8.

THANK YOU! I thought it was just me!!!
  • mazmataz
    mazmataz Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Last time I lost weight, I was 17 and lost 40+ lbs. The girls in school still called me fat, and I started to get a lot of unwanted attention from creepy old men. Not all the responses will be positive, but it's accompanied with feeling better and looking better. I also got a boost of confidence so I was ok with giving snarky responses to those people. :wink:

Offtopic slightly but I really love your profile pic/quote. It really struck a chord with me :)
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Well.... to be able to fit into clothes and have them fit. Have people I have known through the years not recognize me. Make my wife worry about how I look and treat me better...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!