Master Cleanse

Options
I am planning on starting the 10 day master cleanse on Friday. There are a lot of benefits from doing this diet and I am excited to get started. I am not only doing it for weight loss but, I am doing it more for detox. I have been eating badly for a week now and I feel so sick to my stomach. I believe that this will help me get rid of the toxins in my body and allow me to feel healthier and more energized. The diet consists of drinking as much as water as needed (filtered), at least 60 ounces of lemonade (with 1/10 tsp of cayenne pepper) and a laxative herbal tea to clean out your body.
I have talked to a few people who have had success on the diet and I know that it sounds like you aren't getting the nutrients that you need but, I will post the link that tells why you are getting the nutrients needed and energy to work out on the side. I will be doing 30 day shred every day (if everything goes as planned) and walking as much as possible but, until I am done with the diet, I am going to put all other exercises on hold.
I am wondering if anyone wants to be my master cleanse diet buddy? We can support each other and talk to one another through all of our ups and downs the next 10 days. I understand that a lot of people on this site are against any fasts or cleanses but, I am doing this to detox my body and to receive the best benefits possible.
Has anyone else completed this with any success? Did you work out? How did it go? How much weight did you lose?

I am starting the cleanse at 234 pounds and I am hoping to get to 230.0 pounds by the time the 10 days are up. I am also hoping to lose a total of 5 inches off of my entire body. Those are my short term 10 day goals.

Anyone who is wanting to be my mater cleanse diet with me can join me and message me daily or text me daily to keep each other accountable and talk to one another about our ups and downs (like I said earlier). Just let me know!

Replies

• wicklc
    wicklc Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    If I wasn't diabetic I would join you, good luck with it!
  • PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thanks anyway! :)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    might wanna read this before you start:
    http://healthnow.usc.edu/2008/06/debunking-detox-diets.html
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    how can I put this nicely....

tracey-jordan-nope.gif

In all seriousness, this is a TERRIBLE idea. You don't need to jump-start your weight loss (and this won't do it anyway), get rid of magical 'toxins' (which somehow are not taken care of by your functioning liver and kidneys) or give your digestion system a break (it digests, that is its sole job).. Just eat real food at a moderate deficit and exercise. Don't make this harder than it has to be.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    how can I put this nicely....

tracey-jordan-nope.gif

In all seriousness, this is a TERRIBLE idea. You don't need to jump-start your weight loss (and this won't do it anyway), get rid of magical 'toxins' (which somehow are not taken care of by your functioning liver and kidneys) or give your digestion system a break (it digests, that is its sole job).. Just eat real food at a moderate deficit and exercise. Don't make this harder than it has to be.

This.

You have a new baby. Do him/her a favour and don't do this horrible, debunked, potentially damaging "clense" which is just a fad and does nothing your body already does for itself.
  • Tdavy814
    Tdavy814 Posts: 28
    Options
    i kinda want to do this, but im scared to... I have thought about this before you said anything lol
  • MizzRica22
    Options
    About two months ago I was about 235 and it was mainly because of poor eating habit and not wanting to exercise. I started out with the master cleanse the first time i tried to lose weight and it helped some what but after it just seemed like i went back to my old ways...All in all if you do decide to do it don't do it for a long period of time it's not good for your body. I lost my first 5lbs with the cleanse but eating right and working out helped me lose the other 30 and im still going! Good Luck!
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    There are ZERO benefits to this and a lot of potential side effects, including the loss of muscle, which will slow down your metabolism and make it easier for you to gain weight when you're done.

And you're not full of "toxins." The only people who claim this are those who want to sell you something to get rid of them.

All you have to do to get back on track is clean up your eating. This ridiculous Master Cleanse is a step in the WRONG direction.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Are you nursing your three-month old baby?
  • PaigeAnderson100
    Options
    I appreciate everyone's concern but, I am going to do it either way. If I was nursing my two month old baby, I would not be doing a cleanse- no, I'm no longer breastfeeding.
    There are benefits and yes there are side effects. I am willing to do the cleanse that my doctor told me about and I am excited for it.
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Oh, please, please don't do this. If you want to feel healthy and clean, just eat lots of lean protein and lots and lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. Your body will thank you.

Lemon juice is a diuretic. You will lose fluid and become dehydrated. The cayenne won't do much for you. You'll have lots of fiery diarrhea. You'll have cramps, feel sick, and have nothing to show but a sore and burning rectum. The laxitive tea will only make this worse.

After 10 days with NO nutrition, you'll be weak, shaky, and ill. This "cleanse" has put people in the hospital with severe and life-threatening dehydration. I really don't think that these are the results you are looking for.

You may lose a few pounds of fluid and muscle tissue, and it's not worth it. Don't do it. Your liver and kidneys will thank you.

If you really want to "detox" and get rid of that sick feeling in your stomach, eat raw or steamed veggies and fruit for a couple of days. Drink lots of water. Yogi makes a Fasting Tea that's not too bad.

You have to stay healthy for your baby. Do things in a healthy way.
  • PaigeAnderson100
    Options
    I am going to do the modified version that my Doctor recommended. I am going to be eating only vegetables for those 10 days. He says that will help me along with a few chicken meals per week.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    here is the secret to fat loss...
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    That sounds safer. The lemon juice and cayenne won't do you any good, but if you're eating it won't do you any harm, either.

I'm just not wanting to see anyone put her body through some of the things I have. Cabbage soup, the nines, the so called mayo clinic diet, 500 calories a day, popcorn diet, diet coke diet, colon cleanses (which are a very bad idea, trust me), I've done them all, with some very real damage to my body. Cabbage soup and Master Cleanse both put me in the hospital. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mh32787rQ31s2hvieo1_500.gif
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    no

she's rarely wrong.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Is your doctor's name "Oz" perchance?

In any event, if your doctor recommended this, find a new doctor.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Temporary changes won't get ya permanent results.

I'll stick with my 1950 calories of awesome, regular food all day long, and continue to lose the fat and watch my metabolism soar. Every time I see a post about this Master Cleanse (seriously? want a good cleanse, schedule a colonoscopy! :tongue: ) I think it sounds like a diet of pure torture.