Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no

she's rarely wrong.

:flowerforyou:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    eat in a deficit and work out ...you will lose weight..

Fad diets only lead to temp weight loss followed by gain back..
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Im not understanding what you're excited about. Drinking lemon juice, cayenne, maple syrup and water for 10 days is not exciting and frankly, its disgusting (I've tried the concoction!) Oh and that smooth move tea? Yeah.

tumblr_lfkpxv1iyc1qafrh6.gif
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Temporary changes won't get ya permanent results.

I'll stick with my 1950 calories of awesome, regular food all day long, and continue to lose the fat and watch my metabolism soar. Every time I see a post about this Master Cleanse (seriously? want a good cleanse, schedule a colonoscopy! :tongue: ) I think it sounds like a diet of pure torture.

I think what you are referring to is the medical procedure called vacumoscopy. Where they attach an industrial size vacuum cleaner to your a#$ and turn it on high for thirty minutes...

works every time...
  • roxangman
    Options
    I did a 7 days cleanse lost 10 pounds
  • ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options

I'll stick with my 1950 calories of awesome, regular food all day long, and continue to lose the fat and watch my metabolism soar. Every time I see a post about this Master Cleanse (seriously? want a good cleanse, schedule a colonoscopy! :tongue: ) I think it sounds like a diet of pure torture.

I think what you are referring to is the medical procedure called vacumoscopy. Where they attach an industrial size vacuum cleaner to your a#$ and turn it on high for thirty minutes...

works every time...

I think they may be referring to this nasty stuff they give you to drink before the colonoscopy. It has you on the toilet for the entire night before. Had one a few years ago, was not fun.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I tried the Master Cleanse. Did it for 8 days. I put on a massive amount of weight after I finished this "cleanse". Almost 11 lbs. Right after I finished doing it, I'd lost about 6 pounds but at a huge cost. All I could ever think of was solid food (I was even dreaming about it at night, my tongue went bald, I blew a whole months grocery money on the Grade B maple syrup which is expensive as hell, I had severe hand pain because of the constant lemon juicing (I didn't have a juicer), I was close to blacking out all the time and I was peeing every half an hour.
    Don't do it. Waste of money and waste of time and ultimately no effect. This was 3 yrs back. My first and only cleanse. Since then, I haven't done any cleanses of any sort because I believe my body can cleanse itself just fine.
    Also, you do know about the salt water flush that you're supposed to everyday right? That is most horrible thing I have ever done to my body!
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options

I'll stick with my 1950 calories of awesome, regular food all day long, and continue to lose the fat and watch my metabolism soar. Every time I see a post about this Master Cleanse (seriously? want a good cleanse, schedule a colonoscomy! :tongue: ) I think it sounds like a diet of pure torture.

works every time...

This on both accounts. hahaha

I am not going to say don't do it. I think you may just need to experience this for yourself. I am done with all the fads. Have lost it fast, Cabbage Soup Diet, Atkins, 10day cleanse. I even took some crazy drops after my last baby. WOW - Lost the weight like crazy and lost my hair too.

Just don't be afraid to discontinue the cleanse if you aren't feeling well. I had headaches and crazy sleep patterns when I tried it. Gave up after the fifth day. I will say, my bowels never felt better. But you can get that in much better ways. LOL - act like you are getting a colonoscomy the following day - I guarantee you wont feel more empty after drinking a bottle a laxative than any other time.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
  • PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am just trying to get toxins out of my body, I am not looking for much change or for a permanent change.

I don't plan on doing this for a long period of time. 10 days is not long. No, my doctor has been very helpful through out my life and I think that it's a good idea to listen to his recommendations.

I appreciate everyone's concern but, I don't appreciate how some of you are coming across. I am a very friendly person willing to listen and hear people out but, I am just looking for support and motivation. Sorry if this comes across as rude.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I did this cleanse once. I puked cayenne pepper lemonade all over my car and myself on the way to work on day 4 or 5. It was epic.
  • BondBomb
    Options
    I am just trying to get toxins out of my body, I am not looking for much change or for a permanent change.

I don't plan on doing this for a long period of time. 10 days is not long. No, my doctor has been very helpful through out my life and I think that it's a good idea to listen to his recommendations.

I appreciate everyone's concern but, I don't appreciate how some of you are coming across. I am a very friendly person willing to listen and hear people out but, I am just looking for support and motivation. Sorry if this comes across as rude.
    One thing you will find on MFP is that the people that have been here the longest tend to be successful. And no successful person will support you doing something unnecessary and potentially damaging. I am sure you will find one or two that will lie to you and tell you this is a great idea. There are no toxins in your body that this cleanse will rid you of.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

what toxins do you think you are getting rid of this way?
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    The only thing you got out of your body lately is your beautiful baby.

You don't need to cleanse. You need to be alert at 3am in the morning if needed. I'd be angry, hungry and grumpy like that. Please rethink it. There are some awesome people who already posted up in here, listen to them. There is another way. .. really, I promise.
  • CarrieBeck29
    CarrieBeck29 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people say cleanses are worthless, not worth your time, and/or just a fad, but it worked for me. I had been eating awfully for as long as I can remember, so when I decided to go on a diet, I didn't want to just jump into it. I figured a cleanse was my best bet to kick start a diet. And I was right! I took an all natural, vegetable based pill 4x a day for 10 days while eating healthy foods! I lost 9 lbs, 3.5 inches, and felt so light and rejuvenated! I'm so glad I did it regardless of what people say. Best of luck!
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity...why is taking a vegetable based pill better than just eating vegetables?
  • BondBomb
    Options
    I know a lot of people say cleanses are worthless, not worth your time, and/or just a fad, but it worked for me. I had been eating awfully for as long as I can remember, so when I decided to go on a diet, I didn't want to just jump into it. I figured a cleanse was my best bet to kick start a diet. And I was right! I took an all natural, vegetable based pill 4x a day for 10 days while eating healthy foods! I lost 9 lbs, 3.5 inches, and felt so light and rejuvenated! I'm so glad I did it regardless of what people say. Best of luck!
    If eating healthy foods is a cleanse then I have been cleansing my whole life. Holy **** no one told me!
  • CarrieBeck29
    CarrieBeck29 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    ^^Cool (:
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I know the OP is going to do this regardless, but to anyone who is lurking and thinking about doing this: Please don't. The people who do this put all the weight back on and more. They are the ones who are still overweight and complaining about how they've "tried everything". Go with patience, moderate diet, and exercise instead. It works, I promise. And you don't even have to send me any money.
  • PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I didn't say anything about pills..........
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    this_thread_again_zps21638c57.jpg