21 day Challenge - JOIN IN

Options
Hi all,

I was at a meeting today - and fitness was part of the discussion.

The comment was made that it takes 21 days to make a habit a reality.

I am starting a 21 day challenge for myself and would be really happy if you were interested in joining in.

I have been dealing with a back issue recently (chiropractor twice a week for the past 5...) and my motivation to walk or do any type of exercise disappeared when the pain was at its' worst!

I'm healing now - and need to challenge myself to make it a daily part of my day.

You can pick your type of exercise - Let's just ensure that it is a calorie burn that is from physical exercise (swimming, walking, running, physical sport ... even Wii Fit, etc)

05 MARCH 2013 - is my DAY ONE - and I did a treadmill (TM) walk at 3.5 / with incline - for 30 min and 3 / with incline for 5 min.

ADD - YOUR START DATE FOR YOUR 21 DAY CHALLENGE AND YOUR EXERCISE CHOICE FOR THE DAY.

Try to check in daily and report your success of completing exercise and what you chose to do. Your choice may inspire others in the challenge!

Hope to see many participants! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Thegle
    Thegle Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi tazmac2

I'll join your challenge, I'll start today as well. Tonight was technical training at tae kwon do, but I also power walked to every meeting I went to today. For the next 21 days, in addition to attending my TKD twice a week, I'm going to walk non-stop for at least 20 minutes, inside or out at least once a day, more if I can get it in, this means weekends too!! I just got some new orthotics today, so I'll be starting to use them gradually over the next week or so. I hope they help.

See you tomorrow!
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Hi tazmac2

I'll join your challenge, I'll start today as well. Tonight was technical training at tae kwon do, but I also power walked to every meeting I went to today. For the next 21 days, in addition to attending my TKD twice a week, I'm going to walk non-stop for at least 20 minutes, inside or out at least once a day, more if I can get it in, this means weekends too!! I just got some new orthotics today, so I'll be starting to use them gradually over the next week or so. I hope they help.

See you tomorrow!

So glad you have joined - I hope to see more people - but heck - we can challenge each other - I'm up for that!

Will look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Trish
  • Trishajac
    Options
    DAY 2 of my 21 day Challenge

36 min - TM walk - 18 min @ 3.5 and 18 min at 3.5 with incline!

:flowerforyou: Here's to two in a row!

Trish
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Just came across this and I'm in.

DAY 1 - I went to the gym and did 20 on the elliptical, 40 on the treadmill and then weight machines for 20 minutes.

DAY 2 - I have a Aqua Power class and am going to do the Jillian Michael 30 DS.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Just came across this and I'm in.

DAY 1 - I went to the gym and did 20 on the elliptical, 40 on the treadmill and then weight machines for 20 minutes.

DAY 2 - I have a Aqua Power class and am going to do the Jillian Michael 30 DS.

Glad to see you! It is going to be a GREAT 21 days!! :happy:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Anyone looking at this - Join when you can .... and your Day 1 can be when you join!

The main thing is to take up the challenge! WELCOME !!

:flowerforyou:
  • JJAllwood
    JJAllwood Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well! Thank you for starting this.
    Day 1 - 70 minutes yoga
  • Trishajac
    Options
    I'm in as well! Thank you for starting this.
    Day 1 - 70 minutes yoga

Welcome Aboard!!!

We'll hear from you tomorrow!
  • Thegle
    Options
    Day 2 - Two brisk 20 minutes walks and blowing up my my exercise ball (one small shot of air at a time - what a workout :)
  • Tann19
    Tann19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    me, me, me

I'm on day 12 of my own 90 day challenge.
    1/2 mile jog- 5:25 mins
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Day 2 - Two brisk 20 minutes walks and blowing up my my exercise ball (one small shot of air at a time - what a workout :)

Great moving!!

I CANNOT blow up balloons.... so I would still have a flat exercise ball!! Good for you!

t.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    me, me, me

I'm on day 12 of my own 90 day challenge.
    1/2 mile jog- 5:25 mins

Welcome this challenge! I could see mine going more than 21 days - as I was in the habit of regular exercise before..... so I'm impressed that you are on a 90 day challenge! Good to see you here!

Trish
  • Trishajac
    Options
    DAY 3 on my 21 day challenge

31 min TM = 25 min @ 3.5 with incline and 6 min @ 3.5 without incline!

Happy to have completed Day 3!
  • annmaryjenkins
    Options
    will join you.. I have a few workouts on my youtube channel ..zumba and other workouts.. feel free to use them and I am excited about this challenge..ana jenkins or fitlatinflave
  • Thegle
    Options

I'm glad I finished day 3 today too, what a workout for you!! Keep going!

For me it was about 50 minutes of running, kick practices and sparring techniques tonight. My heels are just burning right now so time for some ice I think. I also work my new orthotics again today for about 2 hours at work so my legs really ache. Tomorrow I think I'm going to have to take it easy. But
  • Trishajac
    Options
    will join you.. I have a few workouts on my youtube channel ..zumba and other workouts.. feel free to use them and I am excited about this challenge..ana jenkins or fitlatinflave

Welcome Ana
  • Trishajac
    Options

I'm glad I finished day 3 today too, what a workout for you!! Keep going!

For me it was about 50 minutes of running, kick practices and sparring techniques tonight. My heels are just burning right now so time for some ice I think. I also work my new orthotics again today for about 2 hours at work so my legs really ache. Tomorrow I think I'm going to have to take it easy. But

Good for you - something light for tomorrow sounds like a plan for you! You are doing awesome.

Trish
  • Trishajac
    Options
    DAY 4 for me - today I did a walk outside..... "BLEEP" cold... holy....... 32 min total with some incline!!

T. :flowerforyou:
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Day 3 --- went shopping with my daughter at the mall (nothing I normally do). Spent 60 minutes there walking around.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Day 3 --- went shopping with my daughter at the mall (nothing I normally do). Spent 60 minutes there walking around.

Good for you out & about moving!!