What is the biggest unexpected surprise after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• TattedXMomXStace
    Options
    Orgionally i lost 100 pounds. . . even then people were still calling me fat but yet i was 145 pounds. . . .

I find that after i lost my weight as well. . creepy old guys would hit on me and the muscle heads at the gym (for some reason?) . . .

Not all my responses were positive, some were negative. . . but now gaining 30 pounds and having a child 5 years later. . . to lose that weight is a positive experience for me and shouldnt care waht others think.

It should matter how YOU feel and what YOU think about yourself. If your losing weight to please others with how you look, then thats the wrong reason to lose weight. . . . unless your a starving model like Kate Moss. lol
  • TattedXMomXStace
    Options
    Sadly to guys. . unless they like chubbier girls. . they wont notice you until you become a 2" x 4". . . New York is the land of superficial guys who will only notice your face one theres no fat around it.

Believe me. . i know.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    The biggest surprise for me was getting nicer skin and hair (it actually grows now! And is super shiny!) when I changed the way I ate. And also needing less sleep-- I figured I'd have more energy but not that I would need less sleep. I haven't really noticed people treating me different though-- I'll get the whole "OMG you're getting skinny!" spiel but other than that I haven't noticed a change.
  • hope2b3
    hope2b3 Posts: 2
    Options
    Love this thread, great motiation
  • yayarena
    yayarena Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Pasukaru2
    Pasukaru2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Well I haven't lost all the weight I'm suppose to so far, but I've still had some surprises

- My wedding ring is now a bit to loose on my finger :noway:
    - Some people I barely know comment on my weight loss, On another hand, people I expected to notice didn't :laugh:
    - My clothes got way to big for me, way faster than I expected
    - Some food I thought I could NOT live without now almost disgust me :drinker:
    - Don't know if it's that my attitude changed, or because of my weight, but people tend to talk to me more than they used to :smile:

So far, so good :happy:
  • Haiir0
    Haiir0 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    That there was more tool under the shed that I thought I had!

30 pounds equals an inch right? Check out my ticker! How you doing?
  • pamelalk
    pamelalk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i am no longer boiling hot all summer long, just hated summer during my heavier days, the heat would actually make me feel sick and i would hide in the house in the air conditioning, now i am fine..love not feeling sick all summer..on the sad side i lost a couple friends. one was always smaller than me but gained weight while i lost, and the other was always heavier than me, both were continually saying rude comments, but still i miss them
  • zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Being able to buy clothes that aren't either (1) black, (2) dark, (3) stretchy. Who knew I looked good in yellow? Surprise! :happy:
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    COLD! I'm so cold. All the time. Before I lost the first 30lbs (not reflected in my ticker) I was HOT all the time. Now I can't warm up. >.< I hate it.
  • andreagreen1974
    andreagreen1974 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sex is different, I'm cold all the time, sitting on the toilet hurts my bum, sitting on hard chairs hurts my bum, I have collar bones and hip bones, I lost 3 cup sizes off my breasts and people talk to me and are interested in what I have to say, but what is most shocking to me is that I'm more self consious at 190 pounds than I was at 299. I hope that changes as I get lower and lower.
  • BeyondThePixels
    BeyondThePixels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've always loved fashion, mixing and matching sweaters and would always wear dresses on those days where putting on pants and a blouse was too much effort. At a size 22 not many would notice, but now I get the reaction "wow, now you dress up", I'm like??? :| My style hasn't change.

Guys actually notice me. :o:)

I feel like I get away without wearing make up, t-shirt and jeans. :)

I have always ordered the SAME THING when I go to restaurants... now people are like "why do you order that, that's not enough food" or "you're not eating enough"... hmm. I feel like I'm under a microscope sometimes. Or... "I'm going to order what she orders because it's healthy." Don't assume, I'm only human, sometimes I want to "splurge" or I make sure to workout a little more.
  • andreagreen1974
    andreagreen1974 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    OH! And I actually crave healthy food instead of fast food/take out food. WTF?!??!?! :)
  • SAGR2
    SAGR2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This morning doing an exercise CD with the children at nursery, the guy on the disc said touch your toes and I just did without difficulty. I haven't been able to do that for ages and I hadn't tried since beginning to lose weight. I was quite surprised.
  • sheshe32
    sheshe32 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Funny I found this...but anyway.... I turned my head around just a little while ago. I got a big fright! I saw this huge lump...however after the initial shock, realised it was my shoulder bone LOL That was a definite unexpected surprise!! Other than that? Hmm not a lot at this stage unfortunately other than more energy and less effort to move etc...
  • nannybubbles
    Options
    The amount of saggy skin (though it shouldn't had been much of a surprise after loosing 170lbs), finding large (as in S/M/L/XL) clothes on clearance racks is more difficult than the 3XL I use to wear, I'm colder all the time, I have carry to-go boxes out of restaurants now, my wedding ring keeps sliding off my finger even with two of those plastic thingies on it and probably some other things I can't think of right now.

And I don't mind any of it.

I hate my bingo wings but I have come to the conclusion that the skin was all there before just full of vile fat.... so which is better?and like you, I don't mind any of it... inconsequential price to pay for all the good things.

Just want to add that your effort and achievement is really worth flagging up... 170lbs down and 1lb left to go to target deserves a frickin medal MANY MANY CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
  • nannybubbles
    Options
    That there was more tool under the shed that I thought I had!

30 pounds equals an inch right? Check out my ticker! How you doing?
    Can't stop laughing... I love it!
  • Sunny____
    Sunny____ Posts: 214
    Options
    I was 30 and just had a baby. I was married to a jealous ahole who belittled me for years. I lost the baby weight and for the first time in years, I went out with a girlfirend to a bar. Guys checked me out like I was a teenager. I had felt so old, fat and ugly for so long thanks to my husband and to having a baby and stopping the care of me to care for him. I felt just flat out OLD and unsexy. But back to the "girl's night out at the bar". So many young guys checked me out, I about fell on the floor. I thought, "what? I am hot?" I couldn't believe it. Fast forward years. My son is five. I had gained weight back (35 lbs) and again felt old and fat). I was a school teacher and I remember eating cheetos one day and I looked down at my body in jeans and saw a "mom pooch". I was like, "when did THAT happen? So I started walking daily. I did the 5:2 diet but a variated version. The fasting days were only green veggies and two eggs and two oranges. I lost all that weight and then started lifting. I went to a size 0 - 2. I had the attention of ANY guy in any room that I wanted. I couldn't believe it. I was 36 yrs old and "owned a room". Women even stared at me in stores. I am back up in weight again. What it would feel like to "own it again". Currently I look like Stiffler's mom. From American Pie (infamous MILF). I thought that when I saw American Reunion. And then a few weeks later a guy said I look like a "younger version of Stiffler's mom. This is NOT a good thing. I don't want to llook like that. I just want one more chance to "own it" again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!