Older guys...

Options
1235»

Replies

• Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Age shouldn't be too big of an issue.. could be later... What you should worry about is the work thing.... It could go so wrong, unless one of you is transferred to a different floor, or something like that... people start rumors, judging, etc. I would never date someone I work with again... Learned my lesson.
  • av8artist
    av8artist Posts: 46
    Options
    This thread has been quite entertaining to read. Thanks! :bigsmile:

I'm here all week. Try the veal. :)

<doing a wave>
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Age makes no difference

That's what I kept telling the judge, now I have to register with the police every time I move to a new house. :noway:

No you didn't lol
  • av8artist
    av8artist Posts: 46
    Options
    Let me try that again.I would be very unhappy if someone my age was dating my daughter! Whenever I meet her new boyfriends, I always pull them aside and warn them I would have no problem going back to prison for 10 years if the do something to hurt her.
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Let me try that again.I would be very unhappy if someone my age was dating my daughter! Whenever I meet her new boyfriends, I always pull them aside and warn them I would have no problem going back to prison for 10 years if the do something to hurt her.

Thats love daddy!
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    im just sayin.

the 30-40 crowd is looks way better these days then the 20-25 crowd..

i mean hot damn those older guys are yummy.. Well the ones i know.
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    So there's this guy at work that I'm really into. My roommate recently met him at a work function, and commented that she thinks it's reciprocal. I have no idea - I can never tell when a guy is flirting with me. I would normally just ask him if he wants to hang out, except in this case he is about fifteen years older than me, and I've no idea what's appropriate in this situation. Is that too big a gap? Will he just think I'm a stupid child? We were hanging out tonight at a function, and after a couple drinks he got a little touchy...but does that mean he likes me? I'm hopeless!

I'm 28 and he is 42. So guys, what would you think if a 28 year old hit on you?

I'd say just go for it. I mean even if he does have a problem with the age difference, i"m sure he'd be flattered. And what's the worst he can tell you? No? And if you don't then you'll never know. Just go for it!
  • FallingInLoveWithMe
    FallingInLoveWithMe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i luv old guys

theyre never serious tho

just have fun
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    My husband is 12 years older than me and it works great for us. I think the gap is only a big deal if its someone with little life experience. And I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem with a 28 y/o hitting on him, what man would ....lol! Good luck!
  • Show_Stopper
    Show_Stopper Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Heres the deal age matters if you want different things in life ( you want kids still he doesn't ect) However with that being said It can work my boyfriend is 42 and I'm 27 so I know where you are with this
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

So guys, what would you think if a 28 year old hit on you?

Not gonna lie, I'd be flattered.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Hit it!
  • MissObstinatiox
    MissObstinatiox Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Age does not matter at all in my opinion.
    I personally Love Older guys.I would Love a sugar Daddy with or without Sugar ;0)
  • fiveferrels
    fiveferrels Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    <
    44 - hit away
  • tallgirlshelley
    tallgirlshelley Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Age doesnt matter. That being said, I only date younger guys. :tongue:

Me too! They're delicious.
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    <
    44 - hit away

Nope, this one's mine! ;)
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I am 40, wife is 31. In our case age is of no importance because I act like I am 18! Age, like any other discriminator can make a difference. Would I flatly reject someone because of a reasonable age difference (you decide what is reasonable)? No I most certainly would not. My wife was 18 when we met (a long story for another thread) and it worked. Now, if my future daughter who was 18 brought home as 27 year old man, I would kill him immediately and ground her for life lmao!
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I am 40, wife is 31. In our case age is of no importance because I act like I am 18! Age, like any other discriminator can make a difference. Would I flatly reject someone because of a reasonable age difference (you decide what is reasonable)? No I most certainly would not. My wife was 18 when we met (a long story for another thread) and it worked. Now, if my future daughter who was 18 brought home as 27 year old man, I would kill him immediately and ground her for life lmao!

Hahaha, yeah I guess what's holding me back is how it would fit in with my life...hard to imagine bringing him home to meet my folks. Or even hanging out with my friends...or me with his friends! But we do have a lot in common.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I'll disagree with most that age is only a number. For hanging out and having fun together, sure. It's all good. However, when you start to seriously consider a future together goals, finances, kids and such will vary greatly among ages. Sometimes that can be the end of it.
  • Guines9
    Guines9 Posts: 137
    Options
    You are probably more mentally mature than he is.