why do I seem to attract weirdos and stalkers?

Options

Replies

• ISABELCOADY55
    ISABELCOADY55 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I don't know why it happens but it does, and it shouldn't. I've had calls and texts and random people messaging me, I've had to up my security settings on everything. I received calls from some guy who'd been watching my apartment and found my number listed (that I left with no first name so that they woundn't guess gender). Asking the question "WHY???" isn't trying to get more attention, it's wondering why the f*** people think it's ok to be like this and why people shrug is off as "hey, you're pretty, it's a compliment". NO. It's creepy, intimidating and it's harassment.

THANK YOU!!

some of the comments on here have been pretty harsh and judgmental.
    I'm not trying to get this kind of attention.
    and I don't think anyone would find it "flattering" to be followed home or harassed.
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options

we can't stalk you if you only have pictures of your kids in your profile.... Thats a no-no.... :laugh: :wink: :bigsmile:

If you agree to stalk me, I'll have to add more.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Cool...now we all have your username!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    ""Hi, I'd like to point out to everyone how much attention men give me so I can get even more.""

I agree with this statement ^^

Also a lot of phaggoty men out there that worship the ground women walk on for no reason and the result is women with over inflated egos.

That was unnecessary.

Completely agree. Ugh.
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    I 100% agree. More pics plz

Your back has a 4 pack....niiiiiiiice

That's it. I'm taking a screen shot and writing a blog about this too.
  • fervc6064
    fervc6064 Posts: 77
    Options
    So, you're a model.....
  • cowgurl1
    cowgurl1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow. didnt know MFP was full of trolls. Just like everywhere else on the internet I guess.
    Chick uses a forum she feels comfortable with to ask a genuine question. Gets called an attention seeker. Great work MFP.
    Lets just victim blame. All the cool kids are doing it. right?
  • mhcoss
    mhcoss Posts: 220
    Options
    ""Hi, I'd like to point out to everyone how much attention men give me so I can get even more.""

Also a lot of phaggoty men out there that worship the ground women walk on for no reason and the result is women with over inflated egos.

That was unnecessary.

Completely agree. Ugh.

sorry you can't handle the truth
  • YourGirl_Tina
    YourGirl_Tina Posts: 962 Member
    Options

we can't stalk you if you only have pictures of your kids in your profile.... Thats a no-no.... :laugh: :wink: :bigsmile:

If you agree to stalk me, I'll have to add more.

I can neither confirm nor deny my stalking habits.... :bigsmile:
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    well first it appears like your username on here is some variation of your legal name? Am I right? If so, DON'T do things like this! I had someone stalk me because he saw my name on my school schedule in the front of my folder. You have to be careful with your identity. I would probably get off KIK and up your settingts on everything for security. especially FB. people can go to your profile if you comment on someone else's. Best to be prudent.

Also I probably would not have posted a thread about it lol. Google yourself, see how easy you are to track down and get rid of those accounts or modify them :flowerforyou:
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    its the plight of being pretty
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Hey, I agree with ya. Men are constantly creeping me, and it's almost never when I have my face on or my hair did. Drives my wife up the wall!
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lwqv6c32sW1r12diko1_500.jpg
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

That was unnecessary.

Completely agree. Ugh.

I object to your adjective. Not at all cool.
  • Elzecat
    Options
    I don't know why it happens but it does, and it shouldn't. I've had calls and texts and random people messaging me, I've had to up my security settings on everything. I received calls from some guy who'd been watching my apartment and found my number listed (that I left with no first name so that they woundn't guess gender). Asking the question "WHY???" isn't trying to get more attention, it's wondering why the f*** people think it's ok to be like this and why people shrug is off as "hey, you're pretty, it's a compliment". NO. It's creepy, intimidating and it's harassment.

There is definitely a huge difference between a random compliment like "you're very pretty, are you a model?" like the conversation she showed (if that's what she referred to?) and what you're talking about. The former is mild, if someone gets offended for that comment/question, then maybe they should stay off Kik (or whatever social media site one is on, I'm actually not familiar with Kik so I didn't know if it's a dating site or ?). The latter is illegal and should be documented/reported. Sorry that happened to you, even though a lot of people are making jokes, I know from a friend's situation that stalking is no joke :cry:
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I think it's not just the men. This place crawls with a ton of psycophants. Reality is so distorted here.
    If by "this place" you mean "planet Earth," I am so with you.

Also, I'm not sure if you meant sycophants or psychopants, but they are both ridiculously good words, in their own ways :)
  • mhcoss
    mhcoss Posts: 220
    Options
    well first it appears like your username on here is some variation of your legal name? Am I right? If so, DON'T do things like this! I had someone stalk me because he saw my name on my school schedule in the front of my folder. You have to be careful with your identity. I would probably get off KIK and up your settingts on everything for security. especially FB. people can go to your profile if you comment on someone else's. Best to be prudent.

Also I probably would not have posted a thread about it lol. Google yourself, see how easy you are to track down and get rid of those accounts or modify them :flowerforyou:

if she did that she wouldn't get as much attention though
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    well first it appears like your username on here is some variation of your legal name? Am I right? If so, DON'T do things like this! I had someone stalk me because he saw my name on my school schedule in the front of my folder. You have to be careful with your identity. I would probably get of KIK and up your settingts on everything for security. especially FB. people can go to your profile if you comment on someone else's. Best to be prudent.

SO Jonesie isn't your Christian name then? *throws the old fact sheet away and starts a new one*
  • Elzecat
    Options

That was unnecessary.

Completely agree. Ugh.

I object to your adjective. Not at all cool.

that's what I was agreeing with as well. There was NO need to go there...
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options

some of the comments on here have been pretty harsh and judgmental.
    I'm not trying to get this kind of attention.
    and I don't think anyone would find it "flattering" to be followed home or harassed.

The text conversation you put up didn't imply anyone following you home or harassing you. I think by complaining that you are being "stalked" it's actually kind of minimizing the experiences of people who are actually physically stalked, internet bullied, or sexually harassed.

Unless there's more to the story. Someone telling you you're beautiful on the internet can be annoying and inappropriate, but you really have to look at intent to call it stalking or sexual harassment.