Why are men intimidated by Succecssful Women ?

Options
crawford4398
crawford4398 Posts: 441 Member
Why do Strong, Successful, Talented, Women intimidate Most Men.

Just an Observation i had found to be so true in my own life.

Why is this ??? Any thoughts???

Replies

• Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    i am not. My boss is a woman. IDK why that stuff bothers guys.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Because you're just so amazing. Duh!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Probably they Are just Jealous, is That what Your Girlfriends Tell You?

Succecss is Hard to See Without Jealousy!!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    quality men are not.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people need to feel a sense of one-up-manship to be secure, so they choose a partner who is weaker than they are, or less attractive, or less successful. It takes a fairly secure & generous person to be able to handle the success and strength of another. In some cases a less successful or weaker man will be attracted to the strength of a woman. Takes all kinds. Many possible reasons. The strong women sometimes seek weaker men also.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,571 Member
    Options
    Why do Strong, Successful, Talented, Women intimidate Most Men.

Just an Observation i had found to be so true in my own life.

Why is this ??? Any thoughts???
    Not me. I'm married to a very bright, talented and successful woman. That's why I get to be a stay at home dad and only work part time.:wink:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Bigbill810
    Bigbill810 Posts: 117
    Options
    Men with complexes are the ones who have that problem. I've worked for women supervisors before, never affected me.

It only bothers me (man or woman) when they can't handle their job. Once a supervisor has lost my respect, I become what they call "a sandpaper employee". they can't write me up for not doing a good job, but they hate meeting with me because I don't give them any breaks at that point :P
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,571 Member
    Options
    quality men are not.
    Yep.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Men aren't intimidated by successful women...but little boys are. :laugh:
  • crawford4398
    Options
    Bahahahaha, Well i didnt mean your Boss, i meant your Girl, or Possible girl.

Men get all indifferent once they find out a few things about me which include Income, Talents, Goals i have Checked off as complete.

I hate when this happens,
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Not all men are intimidated by successful women. My husband married one. :wink:
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    In my experience most men aren't. It's just the petty men (and women!) who are intimidated by the success of others
  • NVREST
    NVREST Posts: 94
    Options
    Perhaps to be afraid of not being "enough" or "afraid" of not meeting some "expectations"..
  • crawford4398
    Options
    Because you're just so amazing. Duh!

Bahahahah Yeah Thats it !!
  • gungho66
    gungho66 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Successful woman turn me on and if they make more money and need a personal assistant /manslave thats cool too lol
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I'm not, really. I'd rather talk to a girl who is successful, intelligent, and smart instead someone who you can't carry any conversation on with because they have no social skills.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Bahahahaha, Well i didnt mean your Boss, i meant your Girl, or Possible girl.

Men get all indifferent once they find out a few things about me which include Income, Talents, Goals i have Checked off as complete.

I hate when this happens,

Maybe it's just you.
  • morticiamom
    morticiamom Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Why do people ask questions that stereotype the attitudes and behaviors of an entire group because of a few experiences they've had?
  • vlmay1955
    vlmay1955 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Well many men want to be "the boss". I was fortunate enough to find a man who is actually very attracted to strong women (he greatly admires Margaret Thatcher, Condeleeza Rice, etc.), we have been married almost 30 years. He says I challenge him to be a better person. He is SECURE enough to not be THREATENED by a strong, successful woman. Instead he is PROUD that I chose him for my husband.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Why do people ask questions that stereotype the attitudes and behaviors of an entire group because of a few experiences they've had?

^This...x1000