MFP not helping or showing support, just being rude!

Options

Replies

• bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    surround yourself with good people and you will do well as in all aspects in life. Who has time for those whom chose to belittle others and have no compassion or patience for the newbies. Take the good and leave the rest. Best health to you!:heart:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen any actual examples of rudeness given yet...but have seen several in this thread alone calling people names which seems at least a little rude to me.

Interesting, no?

ETA: And I suppose if I quoted all of the names used, *I* would probably get a strike. (A year ago, I would have done it anyhow. Guess I'm learning.)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen any actual examples of rudeness given yet...but have seen several in this thread alone calling people names which seems at least a little rude to me.

Interesting, no?

Shhhhh! We're not supposed to call them out on it. That'd be RUDE! And not supportive, either.
  • wbfd22
    wbfd22 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @quirky....I read the first link and actually laughed!!
  • dokme
    dokme Posts: 31
    Options
    I was always told growing up there is no such thing as a stupid question. And it is sad that people have to bully and make fun of people because they are not sure how to do something or just need a bit of good words to motivate you. Don't let those who are being rude ruin this for you just ignore them and keep on doing what your doing.
  • JohnMessmer
    JohnMessmer Posts: 536
    Options

Interesting, no?

You probably won't either. Those occurrences are pulled and the violators are warned/suspended/and then banned for repeat occasions. So you will not be able to see anything that shows an open and shut case of it, unless someone has taken a screenshot before the MODs get to it.
  • quirkytizzy
    Options
    @quirky....I read the first link and actually laughed!!

Yeah, some of them are pretty funny!

I just fail to see where any of the responses in any of those threads were rude - at least not until the poster lost their **** and starting screaming.
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Newbies are too sensitive and the old timers take themselves too seriously. It's an explosive cocktail, that.
  • quirkytizzy
    Options
    Anyhow.

sG6oj.gif
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    So please, from a new MFP member, please go easy on us. If we are posting something that is wrong, don't say we are stupid, don't call us names, just politely correct us so we can see the kind of success we are hoping for. Isn't that why we are all here?? To see success??

Honestly......In my time here....I have not seen this......If I am just missing it please point me in the general direction. Generally what happens is a little more like this.

1) Person a creates a thread about cleansing/1k cal diets/raspberry keytones/etc......
    2) Person b posts a dr oz gif
    3) Person c says that it is not a good idea and posts peer reviewed studies showing there is no benefit/etc.....
    4) Person a tells person c to mind their own business and not to post unless they are going to support/agree with them
    5) Persons d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k back up person c and tell person a the right thing(s) to do
    6) Person a decides that everyone is attacking them, the site it full of mean people and they are leaving........but not before they report persons c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k.

Most of the time if you ask a question and are generally looking for help/good information you will find a lot of knowledgeable people ready to help you.....Just be prepared to hear something different than you would expect/believe to be true.

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    > 1 Year Consecutive Logging
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif

:drinker:
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I was always told growing up there is no such thing as a stupid question.

I think someone lied to you.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ahh yes another MFP is rude thread..this one should get good before lt rolls over and locks up ...

I try to be helpful to everyone..but if people start saying outlandish moronic things about "starvation mode" "converting fat into muscle" "cleansing diets" "fad diets, etc..then I have to get a bit wise assish ....

and please don't start a thread with I saw it on Dr Oz....I know the guy is a genius but come on...

Oh, and a little sarcasm/wise a$% is actually amusing..or so I say...
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    So please, from a new MFP member, please go easy on us. If we are posting something that is wrong, don't say we are stupid, don't call us names, just politely correct us so we can see the kind of success we are hoping for. Isn't that why we are all here?? To see success??

Honestly......In my time here....I have not seen this......If I am just missing it please point me in the general direction. Generally what happens is a little more like this.

1) Person a creates a thread about cleansing/1k cal diets/raspberry keytones/etc......
    2) Person b posts a dr oz gif
    3) Person c says that it is not a good idea and posts peer reviewed studies showing there is no benefit/etc.....
    4) Person a tells person c to mind their own business and not to post unless they are going to support/agree with them
    5) Persons d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k back up person c and tell person a the right thing(s) to do
    6) Person a decides that everyone is attacking them, the site it full of mean people and they are leaving........but not before they report persons c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k.

Most of the time if you ask a question and are generally looking for help/good information you will find a lot of knowledgeable people ready to help you.....Just be prepared to hear something different than you would expect/believe to be true.

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    > 1 Year Consecutive Logging
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif

:drinker:
  • telam1186
    telam1186 Posts: 14
    Options
    Then they should just not answer, if they're fed up. Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    The *kitten* are out and free there is no shutting them up or making them see that they are in fact *kitten*. Ignore them, newbies should all visit http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013?hl=road+map, will help I promise (sorry to all of you who hate when ppl post this) Dan knows his **** and the road map is helpful!

wan't this cited by the OP as something that drives her nuts? Yet you go and post it anyway..LOL
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, this is this problem with the internet. It is not "real time" where we speak face to face. Generally, I do a lot of internet researching when I want to know something. Afterwards, if I'm still not sure then I ask on one of these forums. I'm new myself. I really wish people would speak the truth with love as well. We can warn people about potentially dangerously practices without being rude. I haven't seen name-calling so much as elitism.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Then they should just not answer, if they're fed up. Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.

What colour is ignorance?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Interesting, no?

You probably won't either. Those occurrences are pulled and the violators are warned/suspended/and then banned for repeat occasions. So you will not be able to see anything that shows an open and shut case of it, unless someone has taken a screenshot before the MODs get to it.

Exactly...which support the assertion that the MFP mods/staff do not tolerate actual rudeness (or at least a certain type of rudeness. Blatant rudeness in response to an idea of general rudeness seems to be much better tolerated.)
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Anyhow.

sG6oj.gif

Exactly
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Welcome to Internet forums, where the same questions have been asked 10,000 times. The search function is your friend.

Research ->Implement->Experiment->Succeed. Seems most just want the success without that pesky "work" getting in the way.

Amen ..everyone wants results in two weeks...sorry that is not going to happen..

you can detox for ten days and lose ten pounds and then cry foul when you gain it all back the following week ....
This discussion has been closed.